Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

green smoothies and diabetes type II
Posted by: shawnasong ()
Date: June 27, 2009 07:13AM

Hi,
I'd like to know if there are any special considerations to be taken when making green smoothies for someone with type II diabetes, such as fruits to avoid, or no fruit at all. This person probably will continue her SAD diet, but is wanting to make some changes. I've suggested adding green smoothies at the very least, but want to make absolutely sure of any contraindications.
Please give me some sound suggestions to pass along.
Blessings,
Shawna
www.gotgreensrevolution.com
mydailyrind.com

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: green smoothies and diabetes type II
Posted by: rawdanceruk ()
Date: June 27, 2009 05:11PM

My mum has type 2, she has been fine with berries mainly and things such as cucs, peppers, tomaoes etc...

green soups..good place to start

for the green smoothie would suggest just berries..then try items of fruit one at a time. Depending on a persons tollerance, if they have their sugar levels under control etc.

Posted by: streambeam ()
Date: June 27, 2009 09:58PM

I have type II diabetes and I drink green smoothies, mainly spinach with bananas. I eat lots of fruit with minimal sugar level complications. Tho I would strongly suggest you stay away from anything that tastes extremely sweet as they will affect your sugar levels. I usually eat green apples, bananas, pears, peaches and berries. Nothing really to sweet. hope this helps. : )

Posted by: tropical ()
Date: June 28, 2009 02:58PM

You could also try the green powders sold in the health food stores to get her started on taking chlorophyll and then progress to the green smoothies.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables