Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

pinapple question
Posted by: Hellokitty ()
Date: June 27, 2009 08:19PM

Hi everyone,

I tried to eat a whole pineapple for dinner, however it was so prickly on the tongue. I head that there is a way you are suppose to cut it up so it does not do this. So my stupid question is. How do you prepare a pineapple?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: pinapple question
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: June 27, 2009 08:24PM

i cut the outside off and core out the middle smiling smiley

i dont eat the *skin*, i might juice it if its organic otherwise i cut it off because pineapples are highly sprayed with pesticides and herbicides which is not part of a well balanced diet ;p lol

and hey ... ! no question is stupid if you truly dont know ok?smiling smiley

the first time i juiced i threw in a whole orange skin and all and the juice was so noxious from all the orange oil in the skin that it turned me off juicing for months cuz i thought thats what you were supposed to do lol tongue sticking out smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/27/2009 08:26PM by Jgunn.

Posted by: GilmoreGirl ()
Date: June 27, 2009 08:29PM

This seems to happen if the pineapple isn't quite as ripe as it needs to be, though occasionally it can still happen. More often if conventional I think.

Simple Raw Recipes & Health Tips

Posted by: rawdanceruk ()
Date: June 28, 2009 07:39AM

sounds like not ripe enough!! should be sweet, fragrant and flesh falling apart

Posted by: frances ()
Date: June 28, 2009 04:47PM

Where I live in New York State, it's almost impossible to find a pineapple that was picked fully ripe - they don't ship as well if they're ripe. I usually get a weird feeling in my mouth if I eat too much. My strategy is to eat fewer pineapples, and not to try to eat an entire pineapple in one day.

Posted by: The Fruit Faery ()
Date: June 28, 2009 05:35PM

Unless im fasting or mono eating, then I consume a whole large pineapple almost every day. I have done so for many years. favourite fruit.

I associate prickly tongue with eating too much whole pineapple in one sitting.
If i only eat a little then im fine.

I discovered this when i tried mono eating pineapple.

I make smoothie out of at least a half to three quarters of the pineapple. Then i dont get 'prickly tongue'.

ffx

Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: June 28, 2009 10:24PM

I fillet it.
Cut in half.
Cut the tough core out.
Slice long ways like filleting a fish,removing the skin.

Vinny

Posted by: OkunDeji ()
Date: July 15, 2009 12:33AM

If you ever travel to tropical areas were they sell pineapples on the street, you find the experts cut the skin diagonally, cutting out the 'eyes'. By the time they finish it like a huge yellow lollipop. It doesn't waste as much flesh as when cut straight down the side (how I do it). I am not that dextrous yet. :-)
I get a prickly burning feeling when its not fully ripe. Also the skins can be steeped overnight in boiled water and ginger and other spices to make a delicious drink. That's how the Rastas use it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables