Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Women and cellulite
Posted by: Rawrrr! ()
Date: July 31, 2006 07:27AM

Women, have you noticed that your cellulite (if you have/had it) improved or got worse on a raw food diet. Thanks = )

1)worse
2)improved
3)gone

Regardless of the answer, please tell me what you ate that you believe contributed to your outcome.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Women and cellulite
Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: July 31, 2006 01:53PM

YES GONE!

I'm 5'2" and 120lbs so not skinny but nevertheless I never had thigh cellulite - EXCEPT when I tried the Atkins diet a few years ago - I lost weight but when I looked in a dressing room 3-way mirror I noticed, to my horror, that I had horrible horrible thick tree-trunk legs cellulite. It was gross.

Then on my regular diet (not so much meat) - my cellulite went back to normal - i.e. only on my butt, not thighs.

THEN to my shock and amazement - I thought it was just the lighting so I've checked several mirrors - on the raw food diet I now have NO cellulite. The butt cellulite I thought I could never get rid of is GONE. Yey!

So my conclusion is that amount of cellulite we have is probably directly proportional to the amount of toxins in our diet.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/31/2006 01:54PM by sunshine79.

Posted by: Rawrrr! ()
Date: July 31, 2006 03:01PM

Ironically, Sunshine, I never had cellulite until I started the Adkins diet too. I think it was too much protein, because I was eating protein like crazy!

Posted by: Anna67 ()
Date: July 31, 2006 09:49PM

I too think cellulite is toxins in the fat. I am raw, but not skinny 136lbs 5'6'', I have no cellulite, it goes rapidly on raw!
X Anna

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 18, 2006 04:12AM

Just reading this post everyday is enough to keep me Raw. LOL

Posted by: ThomasLantern ()
Date: August 18, 2006 07:18AM

raw girls are babes!!!!!

Posted by: Pistachio ()
Date: August 18, 2006 01:26PM

It improved and then went away. It became less prominent and gradually turned into normal healthy looking skin. When I relapsed into old habits it returned and when I resumed healthy eating the process repeated itself.

Wishing you vibrant health

Posted by: humbug ()
Date: August 18, 2006 03:55PM

THat's very encouraging.

Posted by: chiquita ()
Date: August 21, 2006 10:08AM

i developed cellulite in my early 20's - it wasn't bad but it was certainly there - and now in my late 20's (after 3 years of high raw even with occasional days of unhealthy foods) it is almost nonexistent.

Posted by: Baby ()
Date: August 21, 2006 08:14PM

Eating raw and heavy-duty uphill hiking has helped a tremendous amount.

Posted by: innervegetable ()
Date: August 21, 2006 11:42PM

I cant say from experience but coconut oil is supposed to help with cellulite and with reversing scaring

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables