Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Vinegar
Posted by: Clairebear ()
Date: July 01, 2009 08:28PM

It rice wine vinegar raw?
Or anyother kinds of vinegar?
I was about to make some Thal salad, and I wanted to check.
I'm trying to be 100% I know a lot of raw foodists eat it but I'm not sure if it totally raw.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Vinegar
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: July 01, 2009 08:31PM

Some apple cider vinegars are raw; most vinegars have reached higher temps than 118 degrees in processing, and some are pasteurized.

Posted by: frances ()
Date: July 01, 2009 09:18PM

Any raw vinegar should explicitly say "raw", "unpasteurized", "not pasteurized" and/or "live culture". It will probably include a warning to those not used to raw vinegar. I've purchased a couple different brands of raw apple cider, and one of raw red wine vinegar.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: July 02, 2009 03:20PM

ive yet to find a raw rice wine vinegar but im sure it might be out there somewhere smiling smiley

ive actually thought about trying to make my own, but finding directions seems to be eluding me lol smiling smiley we have a little wet patch of ground thats about 1/3 acre on the farm that alternately floods a bit and stays damp and i thought it might be a nifty spot to try and grow rice and see what happens smiling smiley

does anyone know what kind of rice is grown for rice wine vinegar? smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: Inaia ()
Date: July 06, 2009 11:44PM

Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar is raw. It is only raw if it has "the mother" settled in the bottom of the bottle. You can get it @ Whole Foods & places like that. Don't know about rice wine vinegar tho.

www.inaia.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables