Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Parasite/ worm control
Posted by: OkunDeji ()
Date: July 02, 2009 04:09AM

Oh my gosh, help me.
I been 80% raw for about 8 months I released 78lbs so far, although no weight loss for the past 3 months.
Friday I took a blood test because I have not been feeling brilliant these last two months, and he discovered parasites/ worms in my blood, aarghh!!!! He also found yeast and proteins in there, signifying a leaky gut too.
He suggested nearly $300 of supplements (greens and protein powders, parasite tablets, lymph system tincture, Esiak tea, multi fibre formula and liver / gallblader cleanse), which I just cannot afford right now. He also put me on a cleansing diet and suggested I eat more cooked food instead of sweet fruit.
I feel so bad I want to try it, however I can't afford all that and I don't really want to eat more cooked food, however if its going to help I am willing to try.
Anybody got any suggestions to help me stay closer to the rawish path and cure my ills?
Seeing those worms has really freaked me out, it it's so embarassing! I thought I was doing so well, I have come a long way, this is just a major set back in my eyes.
I pray for health and your suggestions.
Peace.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/02/2009 04:10AM by OkunDeji.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Parasite/ worm control
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: July 02, 2009 02:30PM

OkunDeji,

Welcome back! Congratulations on your weight release!

First, this worm issue is not anything you cannot reverse, so please don't panic.

Second,the regimen the doctor prescribes is scattered:
--Essiac Tea is a liver cleanser, so you don't need another one besides
--You are probabaly eating sufficient fiber raw, so why must you take an additional isolated source?
--Your raw diet should be cleansing your lymph, but it may take a while, so why must you take a tincture, whatever that may contain?
--Everything you are eating has protein[aminos], so why must you take isolated protein powder? Especially as this is an excellent parasite medium--they luuuuv rotting proteins

Lastly, if you are washing your produce properly, the worm infestation, and most of us have some sort of parasitic overgrowth, btw, probably predates your new diet. It may not have been caused by it, and the raw regimen can certainly help your body to fight off pathogenic infections.

I cannot understand what clinical reason the doctor could have given you for eating cooked food, as this will limit nutrients, force your alimentary system to work much harder, and overtax your immune system. Of the things he recommended, I might do a comprehensive liver/gall bladder cleanse, like Hulda Clark's or just taking Miracle Minerals for a month or two, but other than limiting fruit and increasing greens, I'd not change my raw diet. But that's me. You might opt for something more along the lines of what your doctor recommended. Just be sure the reasons behind his advice make clinical sense.

Posted by: Janabanana ()
Date: July 02, 2009 03:18PM

WORMS
Juniper Berries Tincture. Clarkia Tincture: “Wormwood, clove, blackwalnut.” The bitters; wormwood or worm seed, as well as chaparral, gratefruit seeds, sage, cloves, tansy, balmony, bitterroot, cascara sagrada, wormwood, echinacea, goldenseal, burdock and black walnut hulls are famous for removing parasites. Pumpkin seed, expels intestinal worms. Eat garlic, onions, cabbage, and carrots. They contain natural sulphur which helps expel worms. Fast 3 days on raw pineapple. The bromelain in it destroys those worms. Take diatomaceous earth capsules for 3 weeks, to get rid of your worms. Aloe vera, taken in any form, is especially helpful in eliminating worms.

Posted by: Janabanana ()
Date: July 02, 2009 03:21PM

DIGESTIVE REPAIR
LEAKY GUT SYNDROME
Caused by prolonged stress, PTSD, distressed childhood situation, cooked food, altered substances, coffee, alcohol, acidic blood, immune suppression and candida. An estimated 85% of Americans are likely have a Candida overgrowth that is causing their entire body to be "off balance.” When the immune system is compromised , Candida yeasts can multiply too rapidly, voraciously feeding on the excess sugars and carbohydrates in the digestive tract. If you want to cleanse yourself of Candida, the most important step is getting sugar and starch out of your diet. A Candida diet includes lots of fresh vegetables, NO sugar, NO refined foods, NO vinegar, NO dairy and NO grains. Candida growth is anaerobic, any increase in oxygen into the body whether it be from ORMUS bubbled water, raw vegetables, blood building bluegreen algae or exercise will help shift the body out of the acid pH/low oxygen conditions in which candida and other diseases thrive. Other factors that contribute to leaky gut syndrome include insufficient: raw greens (cellulose and chlorophyll), omega 3, glutamine, silicon and magnesium, zinc and protective phytonutrients.

Protocol Includes:
• Digestive enzymes with food
• Probiotics and kefir
• Daily aerobic exercise (rebounding or running) and sunlight
• Periodic fasts and/or raw juice liquid diet 2 days a week
• Daily belly massage and Epsom salt foot baths
• Cleansing diet, herbs and superfoods.
• Saunas with Vitamin C, Niacin and water

HERBALCOM.COM
Glutamine (GI tract lining)
Chia seeds (omega 3 and mucilage)
Amla powder (vitamin C)
Rosehips (vitamin C)
Aloe (cleansing, mucilage)
Slippery elm (soothing mucilage)
Licorice (adrenals, anti-inflammatory)
Milk Thistle (aid the liver)
Papain powder (papaya enzymes)
Rhodiola rosa (reduce cortisol, increase immunity)
Chamomile (soothing, anti-inflammatory)
Cats Claw (anti-inflammatory)
Plantain (blood cleansing)
Oregon Graperoot or Barberry powder (antiseptic)
Kelp (minerals and lining repair)
Spirulina (complete food makes up for poor assimilation)
Peppermint (cleansing, antiseptic, soothing)
Bentonite clay (increases oxygen, removes toxins)
Magnesium citrate (assists detox and ATP energy)

BEYOND-A-CENTURY.COM
N-Acetylcysteine NAC
N-Acetyl-Glucosamine NAG
Glutamine (buy the big bottle)
Arginine (increased sex performance)
Pinebark extract
Grapeseed extract
Vitamin D

OTHER SUPPLEMENTS
Pineneedle suntea
Oatstraw/Horsetail suntea
Querciten in onions
White Oak Powder
Western Larch (Larix occidentalis) powder
Shiitake powder (buy dried mushrooms at oriental grocery)
Goji Berries (betacarotene, lucsherbs.com)
Raw coconut oil
Raw Propolis (www.texasdrone.com/propolis.htm) Freeze and grind in coffee grinder to make powder.
Comfrey, licorice root, white willow bark, feverfew, devil's claw, yarrow, cinnamon

PAU D’ARCO AND H202—David Wolfe (youtube) said that a great antifungal tea is cat’s claw and pau d'arco...in which you put a couple of drops of hydrogen peroxide...to oxidize the pathogens. Some use drops of food grade hydrogen peroxide (H2O2) (3%) in a full glass of water. An intensive hydrogen peroxide is to work up to 20 drops of 35% food grade 3 times per day for three weeks. MMS – Cheap bio-oxidative therapies like MMS and hydrogen peroxide may be incorporated into an antipathogen program to lessen the burden on the immune system.

OXYGENATED WATER
Leaky gut, candida, and blood toxicity are low oxygen conditions. You can bubble a vase of filtered water with an aquarium aerator for about 5-10 hours in this oxygen rich spring air. Put magnets with the hole in the middle, in reverse sequence on the tube next to the air-stone. The water becomes highly oxygenated and offers immediate increase in wellbeing to the cells of the GI tract and when sprayed on the skin. I couldn't say anything about ORMUS being in the water, but it did give me a good nights sleep and today I have more energy and clarity than usual.

ANTICANDIDA HERBS.
Aromatic plant phytochemicals lower candida.
Pau d’Arco, Olive leaf, Horopito and garlic are principle anticandida herbs. During an intensive program you can drink up to 8 cups of Pau d’Arco tea per day. Phellodendron bark, Codonopsis root, White Atractylodes root, Plantago seed, Pulsatilla root, Wild Yam, Licorice root and Cardamom fruit, Comfrey leaf and root, Slippery Elm bark, Cayenne, Oregon Grape. Psyllium seeds come from the plantain plant (Plantango afra). Echinacea was proven to help the immune system stave of Candida. Rhodiola rosea and rosemary are included to reduce candida-related brain fog and moodiness. Barberry is anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory, and antiseptic properties. Those with stubborn skin infections or compromised digestive abilities may find barberry to be very beneficial herb.

Other antifungal herbs include: Amla Berry, Aloe, Barberry, Black walnut hulls, Black Sesame Seed, Blue Cohosh, Bu Gu Zhi (Psoralea corylifolia), Burdock Root, Cardamom, Cat’s Claw, Chamomile, Chaparral, Cinnamon, Cayenne, Cloves, Eucalyptus leaves, Fennel seeds, Fenugreek seeds, Frankincense resin, Garlic, Gentian, Ginger, Gentian, Galangal, Golden seal, Grapefruit seed, Graviola, Barberry, Quassia Bark (bitterwood), Myrrh resin, Nettle, Oregano, Plum Seed Powder, Pumpkin Seed, Purple Loosestrife, Chinese Wolfbane, Petroselinum Cripsum, African Bird Peppers, Radish, Rhubarb Root, Reishi, Sheep Sorrel, Siberian Eleuthero ginseng, Suma, Turmeric, Thyme, Wormwood, Yerba mate. Pinebark and Grapeseed extracts. Pine needle sun tea. Raw Propolis.

Sodium Caprylate— Caprylic acid from coconut. Candida is reduced by eating therapeutic amounts of 3 Tbsp raw virgin coconut oil per day.

DIGESTIVE ENZYMES AND PROBIOTICS
Digestive enzymes before meals and probiotics after meals are also essential.
bacillus coagulans ( Duraflora), bacillus subtilis (soil based organisms)
Taking probiotics one hour after taking fungicide herbs will hopefully allow good bacteria to populate the mucosa wall. Probiotics supplements should be taken with spring water “only” (except in the case of L. bulgaricus which is taken with or after meals. Right after a meal, the environment in the stomach becomes less acidic, so taking probiotics on a full stomach increases the likelihood of the friendly bacterial strains surviving through the acidic environment of your stomach and reaching your intestines, where they can provide several health promoting effects. Probiotic foods include yogurt, kefir, sprouted quinoa kefir, Goodbelly Juice-VerbDaily.com. sauerkraut, miso. Inulin is a fiber-like substance found in vegetables such as dandelion and Jerusalem artichokes which is food for bifidobacteria. Fructooligosaccharides (FOS) are a fiber-like substance which feeds the bifidobacteria in the intestines. Microalgae such as spirulina, chorella, blue-green algae, etc. has been show to to increase to population of Lactobacillus and bifidobacteria in the intestines.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: July 02, 2009 03:22PM

did he tell you the name of the worms you have? smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: July 02, 2009 06:40PM

I include some fresh raw garlic in my diet not only because it tastes great but also as Janabanana mentions in the post above garlic is a good Parasite/ worm control.

Date: July 02, 2009 11:22PM

Thanks everyone for this detailed analysis and supportive suggestions.
The worms are thread worms, don't know their medical name, long and skinny. I went back there today to ask questions but he wasn't in I will call tomorrow. Checking his supplements and servings I would need 2 times the amount not including the food I need to buy, nearly $600 for 30 days treatment.
The doctor suggested pancreas and liver stress, needing strengthening of digestive and circulatory system. No peppermint.
He definitely said to avoid high glycemic fruits and use cooked sweet potatoes or yams instead (for calories), however like you said, these things also become sugar in the body! So I too am confused.
He suggested exercise, rebounding or skipping rope to help the lymphs, drink more distilled water and add more minerals to it. He also suggest washing foods with H2O2, wear gloves while gardening and don't go barefoot.
Increase good fats and Omega 3's, and take steam baths. To drink parsley/ spinach, carrot, cucumber and celery juice (1pt) 2 times a day.
He provided me with a fresh food plan for 30 days, including 7 day juice feast, and 3 days in a row liver/ gallbladder cleanse. (Can I use lecithin granules instead of olive oil?) And strict food combining. i.e. never mix sweet fruits with acid ones.
The only fruits he recommended are lemons/ limes/ grapefruit/ papaya/ pineapple/ prune/ apple/ grape/ orange and watermelon.
Not meaning to gripe, even as miserable as I am, these protocols are expensive where I live on a tropical island, we do not get cheap food, unless you grow your own. The supplements are all imported so their prices are out of my reach, as I am currently under-employed.
When I posted about anemia before he said that the worms could be the reason why I have so little energy. I am still so confused, getting healthy is so expensive, I have to blame myself of course for getting into this condition in the first place. This is overwhelming and in a way I wish I'd never gone but I felt so bad and weak.
I bought a 1oz formula for worms, alcohol free, with green hull of black walnut, wormwood, clove and quassia. It $14 and based on my weight it suggest 1.5 dropperful 2 x per day. I already half way through the bottle in 4 days of use.
I got to get off my pity pot, it's not helping my spirits at all. I pray, pray, pray for the right solution.
Any one healed themselves of these things on a budget? Could I manage a water fast only, would it help, it would certainly be cheap.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/02/2009 11:28PM by OkunDeji.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 03, 2009 09:45PM

I see that Jana has already mentioned Rhodiola in the above post. It was recommended to me a long time ago to take Rhodiola, and it has proven to be very helpful. I've tried many different products, including Jarrow, Swedish Herbal Institute, Ameriden, etc, but most of them don't work all that well. For a raw foods lover, it also doesn't make sense to be consuming a product made from a lot of dangerous solvents, or that include (as the ones I've tried) a bunch of chemical additives, etc. There is a new one on the market that I have tried that is supposedly the purest of them all, made in Europe without any chemical additives and using Grape Seed powder instead of preservatives. I like it a lot, although I am just starting on it. Will keep you informed. Brand is called "Verde Botanica" and it is called MIND BODY AND SPIRIT.

JoJenny

Posted by: LikeItOrNot ()
Date: July 04, 2009 03:07AM

This doctor sounds like a quack I took my cat too. "Holistic" and came up with all these so called diagnosis for my cat, sold me at least $100 worth of magic "supplements" and I didn't see one improvement in him. Not the slightest difference in anything. Let me guess, Dr Quack is selling some special brand of "supplements" ? Regardless of what might be wrong with you - this guy is taking advantage of you.

I'm all for parasite cleaning and all but not at the expense of $300.

This guy sells a parasite cleaner and it's nowhere near $300
[www.humaworm.com]

There's also Dr Shultz, Colonix, Oxypowder, Blessed Herbs..and lots of other products people are using on www.curezone.com without paying quack doctors to sell them super supplements. It's not a forum that sells products, it's a forum with a hundreds of people "curing" their own problems with all sorts of products.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/04/2009 03:11AM by LikeItOrNot.

Posted by: LikeItOrNot ()
Date: July 04, 2009 03:09AM

Also,.. you're talking about liver/gallbladder cleanses..

LOL.

Do you have any idea how beneficial carrot juice is for the liver? (fresh, raw..if you have a juicer or even blended carrot juice would be great)

Also, lots of people do liver flushes and all you need is epson salt, grape fruit and OLIVE OIL. Stuff you can find at your local grocery store ALL for less than $10. Again, check out that website I posted. www.curezone.com

Date: July 04, 2009 03:56AM

do you have pets at all ? i looked up threadworms and they are known here (well at least in canada) as pinworms .. unfortunately having pin worms comes with having pets from what i read , and you can always have a minor amount of them especially if you let your pets lick your face and hands etc.

i think the key in all this is to make your body as clean and healthy and as unhospitable an enviornment so your dont get or retain these hitchhikers smiling smiley

Date: July 04, 2009 02:37PM

Jodi,

Ha-Ha! I must have pinworms, as I have on occasion not removed my face fast enough from near the dog's before he's licked me, in a show of obeisance, you know.

Okun Deji,

Please listen to everyone that's posted here with alternatives; this is absolutely something you can heal yourself. As for me, I shall shortly start on those Miracle Minerals, just in case of pinworms. Down, Cosmo! Down!

Date: July 04, 2009 05:06PM

Greetings friends
I think quackery is involved, I talked with someone else here who suggested I get a second opinion from a lab, which I will do on Monday.
I don't have pets or anyone else with pets licking my face (sigh), well not yet anyway! winking smiley
I figure I am going to stick with the more natural food methods until I get results.
It is a good heads up for me though, sickness, as well as health, has high costs. Got to get my act together.
Thanks for all the encouragement, I am going to beat those suckers. And gain health myself, one day at a time.

Date: July 04, 2009 05:19PM

hehe Tam i have 2 little dogs that assault me with kisses in the morning if im lagging behind getting out of bed smiling smiley the toy poodle always goes for the nose , or my ear theres nothing like starting the day with a wet willie winking smiley

Date: July 10, 2009 04:19PM

Hi all.
Using our national health service on Wednesday, the lab tests will come back in two weeks, they say. I am grateful for this, they're testing, stool for parasites, haemoglobin, kidney, liver and hormones. The NHS doctor thinks some of my symptoms could be menopause related.
Thanks again for the suggestions which I am incorporating into my live-it food plan.
I will fill y'all in when I get the results.
Peace
P.S. My blood pressure was 101/65, this could also contribute to my weak feelings. My BP has always been good and low, however I think this is too low although the doc didn't say anything about it, I guess she waiting, like me, for the results.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/10/2009 04:25PM by OkunDeji.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 21, 2009 02:24AM

For a whole lot less, more simple, etc., use what mother earth gave us... CLAY. It is amazing stuff for all kinds of things.

Check out [www.AboutClay.com] for info on what its magical properties can do!

Muse

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/2009 02:25AM by Muse.

Date: July 21, 2009 03:32PM

I think I'd rather keep the worms AND my $300.

Date: July 24, 2009 11:38PM

Some of my results from my blood test came back today. everything is in the 'normal' range whatever that means. Urea level was asterix below normal range. They lost some of my blood! so I had to redo some, so she didn't want to say anything until they came back too.
I still not sleeping properly, although I must say I have been having more energy during the day. Maybe it's all in my head, thoughts are powerful things I am realizing. negative self talk in particular.
I have some affirmations that give me strength, I think I'll use them. I Like the clay idea too.
winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/24/2009 11:40PM by OkunDeji.

Date: July 31, 2009 10:07PM

Finally I have all my tests back. They are all fine except one that showed in my stool (sorry) I have a staph aureus infection (haven't research it yet!). Doc said it is a skin infection that shouldn't be appearing n the bowel. My haemaglobin was 13.6, they were all oohing and aaahing about how high it is, so I am not anaemic. They gave me an antibiotic for the infection and a cream for the yeast!
Given all this though they can find nothing that is causing my insomnia and fatigue. Yesterday I bought Ehrets Mucusless Diet Healing SYstem and he seems to have hit the nail on the head for me at this time.
He explains why fruit should be reduced at this time, until the mucus is released and then one builds and maintains on a high fruit, low fat diet. Phew seems so simple now.
He also advocates fasting, however he also suggest one should do that only under supervision and a slower healing can come without using that tool. It is a low calorie protocol so one is expected to loose a lot of weight at first then rebuild with the fruits (hmm).
He also explains why using medication is counter productive, suppressing the cleansing that is happening as I maintain a high raw livity, so I have a few answers and I need some time to let it sink in and decide where I go from here.
Thanks again everyone.
Peace

Posted by: debbietook ()
Date: August 01, 2009 06:44AM

Okundeji

Apologies if I missed something on this earlier, but the (first) blood analysis person told you had worms, suggested $300 of supplements to get rid of them and that you eat less fruit and eat more cooked food. (BTW did you see anything moving?).

Am I right in understanding that the NHS test found no worms?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/01/2009 06:46AM by debbietook.

Date: August 01, 2009 12:24PM

OkunDeji,

Here is my take on this: Staph. aureus is present internally with septicemia, and certain inflammatory conditions such as meningitis, and pneumonia.

Two important things in your case: the Staph bacteria are anaerobic; they cannot thrive in an alkalized environment. An occult fecal test shows Staph. aureus, which is where it should be if your body is working properly--in your waste, not your blood or liver or what have you.

Your excellent hemoglobin levels suggest increasing oxygen exchange. Perhaps these are all signs that your immune system is killing things and your body is then purging them?

Date: August 02, 2009 12:14AM

Yes Tamukha, I just answered it for myself in a bit more detail in the thread Fruit vs Fat, based on Arnold Ehrets findings.
Yes Debbie, I did see them moving, however I am not sure of his whole process, or how sterile it was. His office was in an old coral stone building.
Again i am not too sure about what the NHS tested for, the only thing they reported was this staph infection, I think they only grow cultures, not sure if you can test for worms from cultures.
I been taking parasite tincture & grapefruit seed extract, and a higher intestinal broom diet. I will try this for a while and retest at a later date.
Peace

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables