Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Why do they recommend limit to daily in-take of Green Juices ??
Posted by: plainlydressed ()
Date: July 02, 2009 06:48PM

I notice alot of places recommend limiting the amounts of green juice and/or cabbage juices in the daily juice in-take. Why is this?
Thanks in advance.

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
—Thomas Jefferson

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Why do they recommend limit to daily in-take of Green Juices ??
Posted by: Buddha ()
Date: July 02, 2009 08:42PM

I believe I read somewhere that to much raw cabbage can inhibit the absortion of other nutrients... don't know how true this is. I also read that cabbage helps to restrain the growth of tumors. Peace and Love!

31 years old, been vegetarian my whole life - now mostly raw.

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: July 02, 2009 09:43PM

Maybe because you need to eat fruit for fuel and "they" want you to have energy to move in addition to the micronutrients in the greens?

Posted by: juicerkatz ()
Date: July 02, 2009 10:07PM

If I recall correctly...I believe it is because greens are such powerful diuretics, parsley especially. They flush toxins quickly, so that much of a flush in the bloodstream can be hard on the body - I know, because when I first switched to vegan/juicing years ago, I did it cold turkey, & also did a lot of the green juices, not knowing the effects back then.

I felt very out of sorts for many months as I plodded along, trying to get well, not knowing all along that I was so toxic. BTW, greens will give you plenty of energy as well. After you are acclimated to this type of eating for awhile, you could increase the amount of green juice.

I will not drink a full glass of greens, but I will go up to 1/2 or maybe more, making the rest carrot, apple, etc.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: July 04, 2009 11:53AM

who cares what "they" say

what do YOU feel
and how do YOU react when you take in green juices
and what conditions do YOU have
that might react with certain chemicals in the greens

do u have any thyroid issues?
or any other conditions?

"they" is too blanket of a statement
and if so many people say that, it is strange why information would not also explain their advice

maybe go back and dig out those articles again and see if you can find their reasoning

yes, there are reasons
but it depends on who u are

as to whether or not it applies to you

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables