Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

I feel like crying...
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 05, 2009 03:03AM

I broke my diet today. :'(

I had two yoghurts with sprinkles in the side and muesli (it's a cereal, it's supposed to be a healthy one and isn't cooked much). I even got a stupid little bar I used to enjoy. :'(

I don't know what I'm so upset about, only about two/three weeks ago I had chips and fried cod at a takeaway. Only about three months ago I was still eating biscuits and milk nearly every day.

But I really thought I had it this time, and what happened me was I damn well ran out of food, overstressed, not the time to eat it... and some things set me down the road of it, some stressful things where I kept thinking I would get my chance to get raw food but was set-back again and again and finally... that.... sad smiley

I feel horrible, I'm glad I feel horrible and I should. I could have taken canned fish... it was right there... I consider it as being near optimal.

My insulin went through the roof and I felt terrible. I just shut down and slept as soon as I got home. Maybe this experience will teach me to always have something on hand... the funny thing is that I did have peanuts but I didn't really want them either (I eat them with the shell on lately but I don't like them as much that way... maybe in future I should just go back with salted peanuts as a last resort to try to prevent this).

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/05/2009 03:07AM by SuperInfinity.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I feel like crying...
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: July 05, 2009 03:16AM

SuperInfinity,

Welcome to our collective experience : ) Just try to remember why you want to do this raw thing, and get back in the saddle. It'll get easier, but it will take time. Good luck!

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: July 05, 2009 03:36AM

SuperInfinity Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I broke my diet today. :'(
Confession is good for the Soul if done in the
spirit of Remorse, and then by doing Repentance (eliminating
the destructive practices).
You can become better than ever....and then some....WY

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 05, 2009 03:57AM

Tamukha Wrote:
> SuperInfinity,
>
> Welcome to our collective experience : ) Just try
> to remember why you want to do this raw thing, and
> get back in the saddle. It'll get easier, but it
> will take time. Good luck!

Wheatgrass Yogi Wrote:
> SuperInfinity Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I broke my diet today. :'(
> Confession is good for the Soul if done in the
> spirit of Remorse, and then by doing Repentance
> (eliminating
> the destructive practices).
> You can become better than ever....and then
> some....WY

Thank you for your support. I think the furthur up you go, the worse it is when you slip... at least when you're starting it again from a poor lifestyle.

My skin cleared up (not fully yet, but I can measure the difference by running my finger through spots on my neck that have clearly become much smaller), I lost weight, I felt great. So why did I do this? I'll survive... but I think the insulin spike is a lot worse if you've been eating well for a long time previously. I'll try and live and learn, I just feel disappointed now.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: July 05, 2009 11:28AM

okay feel disappointed then move on
grinning smiley

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: July 05, 2009 12:41PM

Learn everything you can from the experience.

Journal or write yourself a letter about the experience.

Throw away any offending items.

Get back on your journey as soon as you are able to take control of yourself again.

Move on to your next "slip". We all slip when trying to change something major like eating habits. To slip is part of the process. You know your getting traction when your learning results in fewer and less frequent slips until they rarely if ever happen any more. Stay the course.

Posted by: rawdanceruk ()
Date: July 05, 2009 02:37PM

be done with negative emotions, clear out your house and move ON!

Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: July 06, 2009 02:36PM

its not how many times you fall,but how many times you get back up again that counts.
Humans fall from time to time.

Vinny

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: July 06, 2009 03:02PM

"I've missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life and that is why I succeed."
-- Michael Jordan

(In other words, just keep doing what you're doing, and you'll be a fantastically successful raw foodist! :-))

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: July 06, 2009 06:58PM

Great quote by Michael Jordon! Thanks Kwan!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables