Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

now i understand organic
Posted by: Hellokitty ()
Date: July 05, 2009 12:53PM

I ate a whole bag of non organic spinach. My mouth felt really weird. It felt swollen and sensitive. I now feel like there is something in my throat. Hope it doesnt up set my insides. I think it was sprayed as I have eaten lots of spinach and never felt that. I wont buy that spinach again.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: now i understand organic
Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: July 05, 2009 01:05PM

Hellokitty Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I now feel like there is something in my throat.
It could be the concentrated Chlorophyll causing
a reaction. Mix the Greens with something else until you can
handle them....WY

Posted by: NeonBee ()
Date: July 05, 2009 08:09PM

Something that has always intrigued me........

We have a house rabbit (8 years old) and of course she is usually an organic eater but sometimes we have little choice but to pick her up some fresh greens from Wal-Mart or other sources. What is interesting is that if we mix Wal-Mart greens in with her regular servings; she will consume only the non Wal-Mart brand. So if the rabbit won't even eat Wal-Mart greens what is going on? Are they spraying something on them?

We have tried the experiment by offering two plates (Wally Brand and another source) and of course she will not touch Wally brand. Even mixed together she will pick out the non-Wally brand.

This only applies to the greens and has been this way for about 2 years.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 05, 2009 08:25PM

I get headaches if I eat unorganic broccoli.

They do not care about people who eat them raw *AT ALL*, we're only 2% or less of the consumers (right now anyway). It wouldn't be inaccurate to say "they hate us".

Posted by: Omega ()
Date: July 05, 2009 08:48PM

If you felt a burning in your throat after spinach it was probably due to the oxalic acid. Same with beets.

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: July 05, 2009 09:48PM

hellokitty,

It's great that your body is telling you which foods are good for you and which foods are not. Trust this feeling as it will serve you.

Posted by: CJJ ()
Date: July 06, 2009 12:16AM

I second Bryan!

I've also had some bizarre-o reactions to non-organic produce (same kind of reaction I get to jellyfish stings - nausea, headaches, shortness of breath) - tropical fruits and non-organic berries especially.

If you have a little room you can always grow your own ( Square Foot Gardening ) to ensure no pesticides (you may want to have your soil tested first).

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: July 06, 2009 06:07AM

I third Bryan!

When I started getting horrible stomach aches - like doubled over in pain - from nonorganic raw nuts/seeds, that's when I started going organic as much as I possibly could!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables