Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

bad couple of days
Posted by: all4greens ()
Date: July 08, 2009 09:25PM

I kinda fell off the wagon. I have had a migrane for two and a half days and last night I made my husband a wonderfull veg pizza and I had felt horrible all day and the night before. I had a piece of pizza. I felt even worse today still with the migrane as well as nausea(prob. from eating the pizza)I gave myself a colonic this morn and again this eve. and I finaly feel a bit better.I know tommoro will be a better day. I went out before coming home and bought watermelon, organic black cherries, rasberries, avacados,and a big bunch of bananas.Suz

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: bad couple of days
Posted by: The Fruit Faery ()
Date: July 08, 2009 09:44PM

all4greens
It will be better than 'better' tomorrow with all of that beautiful produce to munch.
just a thought about the migraines/ pizza temptation. Do you drink plenty of water? Do you eat raw whilst preparing/ cooking your husband's food?
Just a couple of things that i found useful when i found myself in your position.

ffx

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 08, 2009 09:49PM

That's fine, a similar thing happened to me last Saturday and (as we say in Ireland) I'm flying now once again. smiling smiley

I don't want to annoy people who are 100% strict but I was thinking earlier today about a cheat-day maybe once in a month (some people have one once a week and go totally out). It may not be the best... but at least it might stop all the emotion of falling off the wagon.

I don't mean a cheat day like "all the bad terrible foods for a day", I mean maybe you can have curry with chips and fried cod... just to remember what it tastes like. You can have some delicious yoghurt that can be healthy as well. Better that way than 100% strict and then 100% falling off the bandwagon...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/08/2009 09:50PM by SuperInfinity.

Date: July 08, 2009 10:20PM

I generally try to eat before I prepare his meal, and I prob don't drink enough water something I am always trying to improve on. I have been prone to migranes in the past and I am sure that they won't be an issue in the future as I grow into this new lifestyle. thanks Suz

Posted by: veganreikiangel ()
Date: July 09, 2009 06:04PM

I think its ok to let yourself have something in moderation to *cheat* with once and awhile. Not fried cod tho...How did that even end up in this vegan forum???

Posted by: suzie08022 ()
Date: July 09, 2009 08:25PM

I wish I could cheat. It seems to snowball on me. YOu seem to be doing the right thing to get back on track.

Date: July 09, 2009 09:36PM

I have made the decision to remain stong vegan.(only eating the occasional baked tuber or steamed veg)I was a bit disappointed to have eated the grain & cheese on the vegy pizza but felt so horrid lost control,it may happen again that I feel so poorly I just need to try to make a better choice nex time, and let go of that disappointment which is counter productive to my growth.I am glad tht I have a few good health food stores so close to home to help in my journey. Thanks Suz

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables