Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

give up
Posted by: Hellokitty ()
Date: July 10, 2009 12:33PM

I will only now exsit on this fourm. I posted on healing well that you do have to stay raw for the rest of your life or the desies will come back. Every one hated me. Oh well. I give up. Im only on this forum now. have no use for others unles they are raw foods. I tried. Now I know why Paul Nison in the book says no one wants to listen.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: give up
Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: July 10, 2009 01:43PM

Hellokitty,

Some things I have found necessary for me to stay the course on my raw journey have been:
1) A commitment to being healthy. For me that includes the food that I eat.
2) A good support group. I have found this forum to be a source of good info and positive support.
3) Momentum. There have been times when I have avoided "slips" because I have moved past them on the momentum wave. Once I take a bite of cooked I find that my momentum dissolves.

Date: July 10, 2009 01:48PM

Well this is a good form. If I hadent found the healing well one I wouldnt have found this one. Its just I want others to try this as I really have found benifits. And they can learn to be healthy but no one listens. It bugs me so I just wont post anything anymore on healingwell. They get so upset when I told them they have to stay raw. They told me that was a load of s***. Well Paul Nison and David Klien succeded. And it seems that all these people are cutting out food and then getting better. Then they start reintoducing them and then getting worse.

I need this support it is hard not to slip.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 10, 2009 01:52PM

Hellokitty, at the end of the day do you really WANT everyone else to go raw?

* Prices would skyrocket, we'd never be able to afford fruit again.
* Everyone would be beautiful and thin and glowing with perfect skin.
* Everyone will be as energetic and strong-minded.

If there are fellow, honest humans out there that will benefit from listening, yes I'll let them know. But I don't want billions of people doing it or it would mean disaster...

Sometimes it's a dog-eat-dog world. People and corperations will swallow you whole if you can. I'm a brain-damaged man after having been forced injections of antipsychotic drugs for no reason!!!! sad smiley These people are stupid and they would rip the very fibres of your brains apart and tell you it was doing good... so don't bother yourself trying to convince them to go raw, it's better that many don't and they die of heart disease etc.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/10/2009 01:56PM by SuperInfinity.

Date: July 10, 2009 01:55PM

Its not the slips that count but learning from the experience and getting back on your journey that matter.

Date: July 10, 2009 02:02PM

I don't think there is much chance of the raw food movement becoming too large because most cooked food eaters would rather eat junk food and suffer the poor health consequences rather then eat healthy and enjoy good health.

Date: July 10, 2009 02:06PM

EZ rider Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Its not the slips that count but learning from the
> experience and getting back on your journey that
> matter.

That is true. Ive never slipped with carbohdrate food, but last week I had some fish. For me it is worse to slip on pasta or something. I don't know why but I will be in the loo if I did that. Fish yea its not good and has chemicals in it but at least it doent cause any reaction to my UC. I guess thats why the SCD diet works. Anyway I cant get away from chemicals. I just had a chemical allergic reaction to spinach. And it was organic. I need to grow my own stuff. Thats all I can do.

Date: July 10, 2009 02:10PM

SuperInfinity Wrote:
> Hellokitty, at the end of the day do you really
> WANT everyone else to go raw?
>
> * Prices would skyrocket, we'd never be able to
> afford fruit again.
> * Everyone would be beautiful and thin and glowing
> with perfect skin.
> * Everyone will be as energetic and
> strong-minded.
>
> If there are fellow, honest humans out there that
> will benefit from listening, yes I'll let them
> know. But I don't want billions of people doing it
> or it would mean disaster...
>
> Sometimes it's a dog-eat-dog world. People and
> corperations will swallow you whole if you can.
> I'm a brain-damaged man after having been forced
> injections of antipsychotic drugs for no
> reason!!!! sad smiley These people are stupid and they
> would rip the very fibres of your brains apart and
> tell you it was doing good... so don't bother
> yourself trying to convince them to go raw, it's
> better that many don't and they die of heart
> disease etc.

Yes I know that if everyone was vegan the world would still suffer. But I hate this UC it is horrible. I don't want people to suffer. and if you can get rid of the symptoms life is better. UC is terribal. any one with this knows what I am talking about and understands why I tried to help and really put my heart in it. No one except me from healing well will come to this form.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: July 10, 2009 03:05PM

SuperInfinity,

I am assuming you are joking about Hellokitty's earnest desire to help other UC sufferers eventually resulting in Free Market pandemonium. So ha-ha. Seriously, I am also sorry to hear about your personal experience with medicine, and wish you continued healing and peace.

Hellokitty,

You're from out West, originally, right? You know the old cowboy axiom about how "you can lead a horse to water but you cannot make it drink?" Yeah, it's like that with people who don't want to see the best way to help themselves. I'm glad you are here and contribute : )

Posted by: plainlydressed ()
Date: July 10, 2009 03:14PM

Oh please do hang in there, at least for ME !! =) Yesterday was my 3-week anniversary on RAW and it was an especially difficult day. My body still craves all the "bad" stuff and it was very hard walking through the grocery store because I have to pass all the beautiful breads and baked goods to get to the produce section. I'm struggling right now, but I expect that at this point - only 3 weeks into the new lifestyle. This forum has been a life-source for me because I can always find someone else who is struggling like me, as well as the long-term wise, battle-worn "Rawbies" who jump in with encouragement, support, and wise, sage advice. I feel ALOT better with my struggles after coming here to find support, and I have to keep reminding myself how WONDERFUL I feel and how fast the weight is dropping, but in a HEALTHY way, and all the other benefits I've noticed along the way - clearer skin, clear mind, clear focus, no fatigue, fantastic sleep, no mucous discharge (nasal) any more, energy, happiness, NO bowel problems any more (bloating, gas, cramps), regular healthy bowels, and the list is endless. I have to keep reminding myself of that when I am tempted to give up or cave in to the desire for that awesome homemade sticky-bun from the vendor just up the road. =)

Please hang in there with me and we'll show the world that we can get through this together. {{hugs}}

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
—Thomas Jefferson

Date: July 10, 2009 03:53PM

No it is absolutely NOT a joke Tamukha. It's a known issue with fruitarianism and raw food diets.

Processed grains are what keeps millions if not billions from starving to death. They are the cheapest form of food there is. That's why it's so profitable to them, they let them have the greatest mark-up values. If everyone switched to fruit and vegetables then there wouldn't be enough to go around.

Tamukha Wrote:
> SuperInfinity,
>
> I am assuming you are joking about Hellokitty's
> earnest desire to help other UC sufferers
> eventually resulting in Free Market pandemonium.
> So ha-ha. Seriously, I am also sorry to hear
> about your personal experience with medicine, and
> wish you continued healing and peace.
>

Date: July 10, 2009 03:55PM

Plainlydressed

I wasent giving up on raw foods- Im doing well on the raw foods.

No Im giving up on the healing well fourm. Im tying to get others with my condition to join. But they wont. They just tell me Im full of s***. So Im not posting any more about this diet. I will just keep doing it for myself.

this will work. I know it. I have no doubts

Posted by: The Fruit Faery ()
Date: July 10, 2009 04:00PM

Hellokitty
Its ok to just focus on yourself and your healing.
Hanging around on non supportive forums just drains your essential energy reserves.
Let go and heal yourself.
Sounds like you are doing well.
ffx

Date: July 10, 2009 04:10PM

It looks like it as well. tongue sticking out smiley

The Fruit Faery Wrote:
> Hellokitty
> Its ok to just focus on yourself and your healing.
>
> Hanging around on non supportive forums just
> drains your essential energy reserves.
> Let go and heal yourself.
> Sounds like you are doing well.
> ffx

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: July 10, 2009 05:14PM

Hellokitty , going to a forum like healingwell.com where a good portion of the people there beleive that all that will help is meds , is like me going down to the race track and telling the drivers that if they eat more fruit their car will win the race. it really is pointless

you can change the world one person at a time but you need to start with yourself (which you are doing!)

dont worry what all the rest of those people are doing, surround yourself with people that are on the same road with you smiling smiley in a year or two from now you can go back to them and tell them what your results are smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: wild-aloe ()
Date: July 10, 2009 09:59PM

Actually you can grow ten times more fruits/vegetables per acre than grains, so it isn't accurate that grains are cheaper or more abundant; and, actually, since fruit/nut trees stay in the ground and continuously enrich the soil, they are much cheaper than grains. If everyone stopped consuming land-hogging farm animals and grains, there would be more than enough fruits and vegetables to replace them using the land made available.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/10/2009 10:00PM by wild-aloe.

Posted by: juicerkatz ()
Date: July 11, 2009 01:31AM

Hellokitty,

I have found that it is very difficult to convince anyone of doing anything different. Folks are so comfortable in their routine "stuck in a rut" filled lives that they don't like to be challenged to accept something new.

Sometimes, someone "gets it" & sees the light 7 makes a change. You are one of those people. Not all of us are called to start a movement and change a large group of people.

If you are successful in influencing only a couple of people with your new way of eating, then consider that a big accomplishment. In my personal experiences, I find that close friends & family are usually the hardest to convince.

Even after they see the changes in your body, they will still resist. It is almost as bad as discussing politics or religion. I don't bother anymore - that is, unless someone comes to me.

I can tell who is being genuine and really want to know more about it and take the steps to a healthier life. Believe me, I know it is frustrating, when you see someone suffering needlessly and you know that healthy lifestyle/food choices would make a difference in their life.

If you don't step back a bit from trying to help, you will just end up pounding your head against the wall again & again. Very close family & friends of mine are on serious medications and I know they could get well if they would follow the eating habits I do, but they won't.

I just don't put myself through the pain of trying to change their ideas anymore - it is not worth the pain & hassle that I cause myself. I can only "live" a healthy lifestyle around them & be an example. Sometimes, someone does get the message...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2009 01:32AM by juicerkatz.

Date: July 11, 2009 02:26AM

Ten times? I doubt that. Thing is that they'd all have to be harvested etc. in a more expensive way, and then eaten within a few days or it goes off. The fact is that the food industry works its cheapest and makes the most by mass-producing grains and packaging them into boxes that last a long time.

Why did you think the USDA and government are so extremely against raw food and all their policies are against it?? Money and propaganda is what shapes an awful lot of things.

wild-aloe Wrote:
> Actually you can grow ten times more
> fruits/vegetables per acre than grains, so it
> isn't accurate that grains are cheaper or more
> abundant; and, actually, since fruit/nut trees
> stay in the ground and continuously enrich the
> soil, they are much cheaper than grains. If
> everyone stopped consuming land-hogging farm
> animals and grains, there would be more than
> enough fruits and vegetables to replace them using
> the land made available.

Posted by: debbietook ()
Date: July 11, 2009 10:35AM

Hellokitty, you are taking the path less travelled.

99% of the world will think you're wrong.

I believe that one day in the future a lot of people who thought they were very clever will look very silly.

In the meantime, thank Goodness we are all here to support each other.

Date: July 11, 2009 01:04PM

Yea I agree. With all that is said. Jodi your right its too depressing I will just focus on me and go back maybe in a year or two. I find it hard sometimes when others try to discourage others from trying. There was a young girl just diagnosed with UC on healing well. She asked for suggestions on diet and said she did not mind if it was extreme. I mentioned raw foods and this web page. But the other people post and say raw foods can be harmful. They also posted that some people think that their way is the only way (meaning I think that raw food is the only direction, which is true) but This is discouraging for the person who might be interested. So a lot of times people listen the majority. For me when I read Pauls book I thought it sounded logical. Then the nutritionist discouraged me. And I was scared after that. It just goes to show you that the opinions of the majority of the public effect you. Any way the symptoms came back as soon as I listened to the that nutritionist. I know she is wrong. I wonder if she got UC what would she do?

Posted by: plainlydressed ()
Date: July 11, 2009 01:11PM

debbietook Wrote:
> Hellokitty, you are taking the path less
> travelled.
>
> 99% of the world will think you're wrong.
>
> I believe that one day in the future a lot of
> people who thought they were very clever will look
> very silly.
>
> In the meantime, thank Goodness we are all here to
> support each other.

Very well-said, Debbie. I completely agree. It is amazing how the entire world has been deceived and stupified into believing anything a Dr. tells them. (Same thing can be said about religion, but I won't start that topic. *grin*) Whatever the Dr or "professional" tells them is "GOSPEL" and the general population is intimidated into believing the deception. We've been brain-washed and programmed into "enjoying" a fake/false sense of satisfaction out of life, which is actually destroying and killing us, and believing we can simply take a pill and accept what life and old age has to throw at us.

Let's stand strong together and show the world a different way. EXPOSE THE DECEPTION !!!!! =)

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
—Thomas Jefferson

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: July 11, 2009 01:25PM

plainlydressed,

How DO you manage to remain a nurse without going on a Jesus-flogging-the-moneylenders-out-of-the-Temple rampage? I know I would.

Hellokitty,

It's terrible to be shot down by ignorant opposing opinions, especially when you only want to help. But you must worry foremost about yourself, as that's the only person whose diet you can control. It is great that you are trusting more and more in your own judgment, and becoming less susceptible to what "professionals" tell you that is well-meant advice but bad advice. Your life will be so different once you get into the habit of finding your own "truths" about things : )

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: July 11, 2009 09:56PM

i took a little visit to the forum hellokitty is on, and i have to say after reading through so many threads , especially the ones where people say they would sooner be on bags (colostomy?) and meds than be on a raw food diet .. i gotta say it just reinforces how screwed up people are lol

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: July 11, 2009 10:10PM

Jgunn Wrote:
> i took a little visit to the forum hellokitty is
> on, and i have to say after reading through so
> many threads , especially the ones where people
> say they would sooner be on bags (colostomy?) and
> meds than be on a raw food diet .. i gotta say it
> just reinforces how screwed up people are lol

lol...

Posted by: kleinphi ()
Date: July 12, 2009 02:37AM

Just in case anyone is interested in finding out more about the scam SuperInfinity is talking about, there is a pretty good article out there called "I want the Earth plus 5 percent." I only mention this because it was my interest in exactly how people on this planet are currently being exploited which led me to this website and thereby got me started on raw foods years ago.

Posted by: rawdanceruk ()
Date: July 12, 2009 01:41PM

focus on YOUR healing, your doing great Hellokitty

You know what..I dont have to preach to people, me being healed of crohns is enough of an example for people see that it works.

My gastro told me my problem was I needed a steak and continued to pump me with steroids etc when nothing was working and I was living on babyfood. Modern medicine is screwed up.....we find our own paths and healing.

Live, heal..and be the example smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables