Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

b12
Posted by: dvdai ()
Date: July 10, 2009 04:38PM

I had some blood work done the other day and my b12 was low, not terribly, but they suggested I get more in my diet.

So....I was wondering of the people who have taken sublingual B12, how well it raised their b12 levels?

These were traditional doctors by the way, not holistic in any sense. Any need to worry?

david

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: b12
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 10, 2009 04:47PM

Have you been taking a multivitamin containing vitamin b12?

Vitamin B12 would grow a million times more more on plants if a little bacteria was allowed on them. Agriculture unfortunately has taken things out of the soil. Most of your fruit and raw vegetables have been picked days to weeks earlier.

So being realistic I think it may be wise to take at least a multivitamin, I take a number of pills myself including calcium and vitamin d and ginseng. Being realistic you probably absorb things a million times worse from household products and plastics than extremely tiny amounts of vitamin coating. On the other hand a vitamin deficiency can be a very severe thing...

Posted by: jan ()
Date: July 11, 2009 12:02PM

I just started B-12 injections and I feel awesome!
Jan

www.myspace.com/greeneyedvegangirl
GO VEGAN!

Posted by: ksmanthey ()
Date: July 11, 2009 08:54PM

I just started taking a b-complex vitamin and feel good. It is water soluble so if you take too much it just turns your pee very yellow. No big deal. I think I was b2 (not b12) deficient as I had a sort of cut in the corner of my mouth that wouldn't heal. When you google that it says b2 deficiency! It got better right away. B12 deficiency can lead to dementia I thin, so best to deal with it. Good luck!

Posted by: lisa m ()
Date: July 13, 2009 12:39PM

hi
re the above post, I just happened read that raw oats are high in B2, esp when sprouted - so if you're worried specifically about B2, might be worth trying.

Posted by: ksmanthey ()
Date: July 14, 2009 01:13AM

Interesting..I will keep in mind. Thanks!

Re: b12 deficiency & nightshades
Posted by: kris5194 ()
Date: July 14, 2009 06:59PM

B-12 deficiency is nearly always caused by nightshade consumption!! Mine was VERY low even though I took liquid b-12 supplements until I cut out nightshades...then it came up to normal very quickly on its own without supplements. Our body makes its own B-12 and maintains it as long as we are not eating toxic nightshades which block the production of the B vitamins. Check out www.nightshadefree.com and www.tomatoesareevil.com and noarthritis.com GOOD LUCK!!

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: July 14, 2009 09:09PM

kris5194,

Wow, that's food for thought, all right! I am not a huge nightshade eater, but I have lately developed unmistakable B 12 deficiency symptoms so I'll be saying "no" to that tomato plant a friend wants to give me and see if that helps.

dvdai,

There was a discussion on this subject a few months ago and someone mentioned anecdotal evidence that dry or water fasting forces the body to produce and/or preserve B 12. Something to consider, maybe?

Date: July 14, 2009 09:43PM

kris- where's the science in nightshades interfering with b12 consumption?

Are any edible nightshades worse than others for this? i.e. tomatoes worse than eggplant?

I occasionally take a liquid b12 supp. I feel 'better' for having it, more for peace of mind than anything.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables