Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

What do you think of tea/coffee....
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 11, 2009 12:22AM

Sorry if it's a bit blasphemous to be writing it here... but what about these two things...?

Green tea is meant to be good... and coffee is highly addictive and it is quite natural as well, just lightly roasted.

I think possibly the worst thing they could do is their *WARMTH*. Is the human body ever supposed to feel such warm things...? Hot springs happened I know but... how often would we have that really in primeval times...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What do you think of tea/coffee....
Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: July 11, 2009 12:40AM

I get the feeling that tea is not generally considered a raw food.
Even "sun tea",cause the tea is probably exposed to heat before you ever get it to put in your sun tea jar.
Coffee is obviously very hot when most people drink it.
Probably nothing real hot should go into the body.
I do enjoy a hot cup of herbal tea every now and then.
These kinds of drinks are rather acidic,so like everything else.....moderation.

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: July 11, 2009 02:22AM

People like to wrap the word 'raw' around many things....and call them ok.....and that's cool. For me, raw means fresh, unprocessed plant foods. I personally avoid coffee and tea...as they are not optimal for me.

These days, you cannot really go by what is 'natural' or 'traditional' in terms of diet. One's choices must be highly individualized....and directed.....given the many options out there. If you find tea or coffee to be optimal foods for you....I say go for it.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: rawdanceruk ()
Date: July 11, 2009 08:35AM

as a brit I feel it my duty to drink gallons of lovely tea

I drink lots of herbal tea smiling smiley

whatever is optimal for YOU

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: July 11, 2009 01:04PM

Right, SuperInfinity. Tea isn't raw, because it is fermented and/or roasted at high temps in processing, and some herbs are too, where tisanes are concerned. I agree that it's a matter of degree: having a hot cuppa once in a while isn't equivalent to feasting on roast mutton, right? And brewed tea is known to be beneficial to the body. So, don't be too stringent about it if it's not a big deal : )

Posted by: TroySantos ()
Date: July 11, 2009 11:32PM

Boy, nobody's going to say anything about caffeine? It's in all teas except herbal teas. It's not good for our health.

Plus, the white sugar that most people put in their coffee, and the creamers .... And, boy, we could go on and on about what's in coffee, and tea.

There's nothing raw about either. Eaglefly probably is right about the tea leaves being heated, even before they're sun brewed by the drinker / server.

Some years ago I found the taste and affects of coffee delightful. So, I've been drinking it on and off since. I am not physically addicted to the stuff as I don't get headaches or anything. It's something that I know I need to get myself off of. Just not quite ready to let go of it. I'll be doing a week long fast soon so after that I expect to knock it off.

Troy.

This way is not compatible with Zen practice. This way IS Zen practice. - Dr. Doug Graham

Nothing whatsoever should be attached to. - Buddha

Posted by: rawdanceruk ()
Date: July 12, 2009 09:02AM

I enjoy herbal tea for health benefits ...

Green tea I enjoy emmensley pre-workout

Dont use any sugar, sweeteners, agave or anything else..

herbs..water..sun.. done!

Whatever works for YOU..hehe.. I sound like a broke record..lol

Date: July 12, 2009 12:26PM

Organic, dried peppermint tea used to be part of my morning routine, until I ran out and forgot to buy more.

It was then I realised how dehydrated it was making me feel. It would get my digestion working quickly, but I would also feel thirsty and a little lethargic.

I've stopped drinking it now, but am using the odd green tea here and there to wean me off of my caffeine addiction. In the colder weather I'll probably make fresh herb teas again though.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/12/2009 12:26PM by suspendedindefinitely.

Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: July 12, 2009 12:36PM

I've been drinking coffee so long that I find it hard to stop for any length of time right now, even though I know that it is acidifying. I don't drink it every day, and when I do it's one cup in the morning. I quit for a week, then I have a really busy night at work and have to get up early the next day, so I use it as a crutch. It's on my list of things to quit consuming altogether.

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: July 12, 2009 03:24PM

Since going raw I have transitioned off drinks like tea & coffee and now drink plenty of refreshing water. I still like a warm drink though so I set my cup of water on my small cup warmer appliance.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables