Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

WOW! MUST READ..tomatoesareevil.com
Posted by: kris5194 ()
Date: July 14, 2009 06:36PM

People are FINALLY waking up to the dangers of nightshades!! As a raw food teacher I can always spot the worst addicts of the so called "good for you" addictive substances such as nightshades & raw chocolate.....they DO NOT want to hear about the dangers of their "beloved substances" and say they are doing "just great" on them etc...I KNOW...I HAVE BEEN ONE OF THE WORST ADDICTS ON EARTH...and have finally broken free after much resistance and still suffering horrible migraines etc. even on a 100% raw diet before cutting out nightshades. For those of you wanting to know more shocking truths about nightshades, go to www.nightshadefree.com and read more. Wishing you godspeed in your search for truth.
P.S. I have been researching this issues from the Biblical standpoint also reading the account of Eve taking of the forbidden fruit that appeared good to the eye..then caused her to become very fearful so that she hid from her Creator. The encyclopedia states that nightshades cause a change in the brain which causes you to perceive something that is not there and to become fearful...could this be the tree of knowledge of good & evil???

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: WOW! MUST READ..tomatoesareevil.com
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 14, 2009 06:48PM

What about cocoa? I don't really believe in "raw chocolate"... but cocoa is still quite raw if not fully isn't it?

Date: July 14, 2009 07:07PM

Cocoa is a very toxic and addictive substance. I used it for some time with very serious results. It causes liver damage. Liver damage is called "The Silent Killer" as there can be quite a bit of damage before you notice symptoms. I nearly died of liver failure at the age of 24...and cocoa was one of my daily "foods"...then when I went raw I tried the raw cacoa as it was promoted as being so "good for you" by certain raw food teachers....OOPS!! Here came the severe liver problems after a few weeks such as headaches,fluid retention, fatigue, constipation and the feeling of something catching on my ribs on the right side every time I bent down, caused by a hardening of the liver....I found help from Paul Nison's archives on the dangers of cacoa....it can even kill a dog if he eats it! Hope this helps a bit...

Posted by: juicerkatz ()
Date: July 14, 2009 07:10PM

>>>SIGH<<<

Well, I guess I can cross some more items off my "edibles" list; I did some research as well...too bad, I really enjoy peppers : ]

* potatoes
* tomatoes
* bell peppers
* eggplant
* tobacco
* petunias
* mandrake
* hot peppers (capsicum)
* wolfberries

[naturalmedicine.suite101.com]

Date: July 14, 2009 07:16PM

Me too....I thought there was NOTHING left for me to eat once I cut out nightshades...they were a huge part of my diet!! I have found that often people suffering from arthritis get worse when going on the raw diet because the begin eating more nightshades in there salads etc..so I came up with some awesome nightshade free recipes and have now published three raw recipe books that are nightshade free.
puritygardens@gmail.com

Posted by: Hellokitty ()
Date: July 14, 2009 08:04PM

I thought tomatoes were a fruit. Are they part of the nightshade group?

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: July 14, 2009 08:25PM

the tomato is the *fruit* of the herbaceous *nightshade* family smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: July 14, 2009 11:20PM

I don't know. My body says tomatoes are fine. Gotta trust my intuition on some things. ;-)

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: plainlydressed ()
Date: July 14, 2009 11:31PM

Yeah, I'm with you kwan. Love tomatoes and alot of the other nightshades listed and am doing just fine on them, even before going raw. I would need alot more substantial evidence to convince me otherwise. I don't do the cocoa / chocolate thing, so that's not a problem for me.

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
—Thomas Jefferson

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: July 14, 2009 11:51PM

I enjoy tomatoes and have never felt anything weird in my body from eating them.

Posted by: deenis ()
Date: July 15, 2009 12:13AM

juicerkatz Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> >>>SIGH<<<
>
> Well, I guess I can cross some more items off my
> "edibles" list; I did some research as well...too
> bad, I really enjoy peppers : ]
>
>
> * potatoes
> * tomatoes
> * bell peppers
> * eggplant
> * tobacco
> * petunias
> * mandrake
> * hot peppers (capsicum)
> * wolfberries
>
>
> [naturalmedicine.suite101.com]
> ghtshades#ixzz0LGKcrc8P&D
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey Juicerkatz, I know what you mean, my list of edible foods is getting smaller too! Bummer.

what is the list of items you have there? Are wolfberries bad for you or good for you? I hope they are good for you, I make a tea with gojiberries/wolfberries for everyday consumption.

Posted by: juicerkatz ()
Date: July 15, 2009 12:36AM

deenis,

click on the link in that post; that is where I found that list of *bad* foods.

However, I must agree with Bryan, kwan & others; I have consumed tomatoes/peppers (bell & hot) all my life & I do not feel that they are negatively affecting me.

For me, the jury is out on this one yet. I need to do more searching/thinking before I make a final decision.

Posted by: CJJ ()
Date: July 15, 2009 01:29AM

I'm glad this info is out there, even though I personally am not at at a place where I am ready to give up raw-chocolate or salsa...Maybe someday...

Thanks for sharing!!!

Posted by: swimmer ()
Date: July 15, 2009 04:11AM

I've been eat one or two large locally grown organic tomatoes every day summer. If anything my arthritis is doing better this year.

Tomato nutrition facts:
[www.thefruitpages.com]

Whole foods info:
[www.whfoods.com]
[www.whfoods.com]

I've got to thank you for starting such an amusingly thought provoking thread in literacy terms. Just when the new Harry Potter movie came out too! ;-)

Posted by: debbietook ()
Date: July 15, 2009 07:29AM

Oh no...are people really crossing tomatoes off their foods list? Hope that was tongue in cheek!

I have had no problems with tomatoes, or peppers, and will be continuing to grow them, eat them and very much enjoy them.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: July 16, 2009 11:06PM

you will find contraindications on all raw foods

plants are not really here to serve humans

though, in our ever increasing anthropogenic view, this is how we have always thought it was ( the martyring sacrifing plant here for our sole purpose)

they are like humans as well

they are selfish and wish to protect themselves
and in doing so, they are able to regenerate themselves ( same as humans : pass on the DNA etc.)

part of the mechanism of protecting themselves involve the fact that they have chemicals that have adverse effects on other creatures so that the plants themselves won't get eaten . other times they mobilize these chemicals and communicate their signals to other plants to protect them as well so that they will mobilize the correct chemicals to the surface of the leaf to avoid being destroyed by the pathogen.

this is how they have warded themselves from undue devouring from various insects,
pathogens etc.

if u find that there is something untoward in a plant, it is probably because it was meant to be that way to protect the plant

some people however are able to not have any adverse effects

depends on your constitution

certain native americans were able to utilize the poison oak and drink it as a medicinal tea

no problem whatsoever

then of course, you know what happens when most people run into poison oak

so like i said

i believe it depends on each individual's

constitution
belief systems
etc.

welcome to the wonderful world of plants

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables