Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

vegan and raw-suggestions
Posted by: tealady ()
Date: July 15, 2009 04:00PM

Good Morning, I am a lucky newbie. I am a 44 yr old female looking to improve her quality of life. I would like to eventually get 80-100% raw but I want this to be alifestyle change so I was advised to go into slowly. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for books or websites that focus on a diet for being vegan and raw? I recently got the book Green for Life and love it. It was so full of good info. I have made some very successful green smoothies with my vita mix and am anxious to keep experiementing. I was thinking of doing the live lightly diet plan which I think focuses on mostly raw but has some cooked foods as well. Has anyone heard of it? It is $67, I am wondering if this information is out there already on a board and I can save the $67 and put it towards a sprouter or something. Thanks for listening. I look forward to learning from all of you and growing healthier everyday.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: vegan and raw-suggestions
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: July 15, 2009 04:51PM

tealady,

Hello and welcome. There is a lot of info on these Forums; please do some reading and searches here, and you should find a lot of what you need. Here's a start: [www.rawfoodsupport.com] Good luck!

Re: vegan and raw-suggestions
Posted by: TroySantos ()
Date: July 16, 2009 11:33PM

You might be interested in Natural Hygiene. Some proponents suggest some cooked food. Some say 100% raw. Or during transition, for sure, cooked food is suggested.

I don't know an awful lot about it myself. But what I have learned makes an awful lot of sense to me. It's not only about food. But total lifestyle. Doesn't it make sense that food isn't the only thing that contributes to quality of life?

I just bought a book called Live Food Factor. It's huge at 500 or 600 pages. I've just been browsing it. Tons of info. [www.livefoodfactor.com]

Another guy is David Klein. He runs an online magazine [www.livingnutrition.com] Douglas Graham - the 80/10/10 guy - is one of many who writes regularly for the magazine.

Just a suggestion. Best wishes in improving your quality of life.

This way is not compatible with Zen practice. This way IS Zen practice. - Dr. Doug Graham

Nothing whatsoever should be attached to. - Buddha

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables