Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

got my homeopathic blood tests back today smiling smiley
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: July 16, 2009 07:08PM

my naturopathic doc said im a little low on vit.d and magnesium but everything else is super duper smiling smiley

he said my liver function seems a bit low and my thyroid function a bit low, but will keep an eye on that , everything else, heart , kidneys, bladder, lungs, pancreas, stomach, intestines all showing good health smiling smiley

my cortisol level was really high but i told him my stress levels these last few weeks with tax returns and my brother dieing so he said we'd keep an eye on that smiling smiley

my hormone levels indicate im pre-menipausal at the moment which explains me wanting to sleep in the freezer everynight winking smiley so just another thing to watch for smiling smiley

other than that hes quite pleased with my diet and told me to ramp up the exercise , keep up the taichi and yoga to relax more and , lose this last bit of fat and im good to go smiling smiley

my GP who can find nothing wrong in my blood related to the joint pain (ie: no auto-immune disorders) im having suggested it might be environmental and weve been pulling alot of moldy carpet and lino out of this house these last few months. the naturpathic doctor is gonna run a bunch of mold, mildew, and enviro, and food allergy tests in 6 weeks to try and pin that down smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 07/16/2009 07:13PM by Jgunn.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: got my homeopathic blood tests back today smiling smiley
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: July 16, 2009 08:19PM

Jodi, good luck with your progress. Wish you better and better health every day forever : ) Oh, and please tell us you and your husband are wearing masks while you do the remod!

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: July 16, 2009 09:04PM

Sounds good. Glad to hear it. Thanks for posting.

Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: July 16, 2009 09:08PM

I haven't read any of your other posts so I am not up to date with your joint pain that you mention. I just want to mention that there is a form of arthritis that is associated with the menopause - therefore it is hormone related - something you may want to consider.

Posted by: Hellokitty ()
Date: July 16, 2009 09:35PM

Thats great Jodi, im so glad you don't have any auto-immune disorders. They are one of the worst things. I still have knee pain from my last flare which was 3 months ago. UC is a bad bad thing. I will post my blood tests on wednesday. I hope they are as good as yours as you never know with the UC meds (which my body now doesnt seem to need).

Date: July 16, 2009 09:40PM

Yep Tam we are using masks for sure and not the paper ones but full on respirators .. unfortunately i suspect there is now airborne spores so the whole basement is gonna have to be re-thunk how to approach itsmiling smiley i need to spend some time tonight online looking at filters adn filtration devices and perhaps seek a professional if it comes to that smiling smiley

thanks Kise hun , i felt really good coming out of there today ! smiling smiley

Jan , mostly the joint pain has been in my shoulders and has been a very dull continous thing .. only occaisionally has it temporarily really bothered me , besides being the ongoing nagging pain. he mentioned the menopause connection as well and when i think back it started about the time when i was getting too hot at night to sleep upstairs smiling smiley hot flashes and night sweats whew ! LOL smiling smiley

i hear ya Hellokitty i have had chronic UVitis in one eye ever since i was travelling back 9 years ago and stupidly submitted to multiple vacinations .. i really think there is a connection there and the problem with my eye. the naturapath is gonna test in 6 weeks for these environmental toxins that my body may be causeing my eye to become inflamed over. the inflamation is an indication that something is irritating me somehow we just have to nail down the *WHAT* smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/16/2009 09:54PM by Jgunn.

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: July 16, 2009 10:23PM

Jodi, glad to hear about your great test results. Sounds like you have a very good doctor!

So sorry though for the loss of your brother.

Many Hugs to you, and much appreciation for all of your positive support!

Posted by: juicerkatz ()
Date: July 16, 2009 10:28PM

Jodi,

Just curious about the vit. D/Magnesium levels; how much sun do you get a day?

Date: July 16, 2009 10:34PM

well not so much in the winter and honestly i live in the fraser valley , british columbia so our *sunny* periods are not as many as some people smiling smiley

i *thought* i was getting plenty of sun during the summer but maybe im not getting as much as i need as i thought i was . i really dont like being overly hot so i generally avoid it during the hours of 11am and 3pm . our season around here is roughly some of may, june july aug some of september then its pretty dreary the rest of the time smiling smiley

i live 100km (60mi) east of vancouver bc canada smiling smiley

and thanks suncloud i really appreciate all you and everyones support , i think id be in a very different situation now if i hadnt found this place and you folks 7 years ago smiling smiley

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: July 16, 2009 10:58PM

hey jgunn

glad to hear that there are some good results

and that you are being diligent about getting tests concerning environmental mold etc.

Date: July 16, 2009 11:13PM

yea LaV i was really glad to see that i was only marginally deficient in a couple of easily fixed things smiling smiley (more sun an more greens =D )

the mold/mildew thing on the otherhand may prove to be quite a challenge lol .. i hear it can be pretty pricey to clean up but will cross that bridge next week when i can get someone in to look at it smiling smiley

Posted by: The Fruit Faery ()
Date: July 17, 2009 12:16PM

Jgunn
Positive results overall.
Sorry to hear about the passing of your brother. I lost my brother a year ago.
A very stressful time for you.

Joint pain. Is it in all of your joints? have you considered regular full body massage?

Hugs and healing
ffx

Posted by: suzie08022 ()
Date: July 17, 2009 12:43PM

Jodi, such great news! It is always so helpful to get back positive feedback about how your lifestyle is making a difference.

Date: July 18, 2009 06:09PM

thanks Suzie smiling smiley yea i was really pleased overall smiling smiley

fruit faery the joint pain id say is mostly the shoulders smiling smiley i do have irregular massage therapy sessions twice a month if and when i can afford it smiling smiley it does help for sure, what i need to do is have the hubby take a course in massage so i have a practiioner in house winking smiley

Posted by: The Fruit Faery ()
Date: July 18, 2009 07:24PM

Jgunn Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> thanks Suzie smiling smiley yea i was really pleased overall
> smiling smiley
>
> fruit faery the joint pain id say is mostly the
> shoulders smiling smiley i do have irregular massage therapy
> sessions twice a month if and when i can afford it
> smiling smiley it does help for sure, what i need to do is
> have the hubby take a course in massage so i have
> a practiioner in house winking smiley

Yes I understand. I could do with one too! I am the practitioner in our (and many other houses!)
I was thinking about reflexology.
The shoulder reflex is found under the joint of the fifth toe (on the sole of the foot) or joint under the fifth finger (palm of the hand)
Massaging in a clockwise direction left side/ anticlockwise right side may give some relief. It may feel gritty and a bit clunky if there is a problem.
You will need to drink plenty of water after to eliminate possible toxins as its a powerful therapy.
Hubby could do that!
ffx

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables