Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

I'm being tempted...
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 19, 2009 06:16PM

I'm at my parents' house for a few days, this is always hard.

There are yoghurts in the fridge I used to love so much. They have a compartment for junk and another for really creamy yoghurt.

I'm afraid I'm going to crack. :|

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/19/2009 06:16PM by SuperInfinity.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I'm being tempted...
Posted by: rawdanceruk ()
Date: July 19, 2009 06:42PM

get outside and workout

eat enough fruit..whip up a smootie..

smiling smiley determination!

Posted by: plainlydressed ()
Date: July 19, 2009 06:57PM

Oh heavens, I know just what you mean. I just had to suffer through a family birthday party at OUR house with piles of fresh, hot pizza and ice-cream cake. I LOVE pizza and mushrooms and ice-cream cake!! I made a gigantic salad ahead of time and packed it full of so many things, and ate that til I was too full to eat any more to help fight the temptation all around me. *sigh* It's a challenge for sure, but you CAN win the battle. =)

Grab sweet fruit and eat it or throw it into a blender and start filling yourself up on the good stuff. I find that to be one of my biggest defenses against severe temptation, even if I eat til I'm MISERABLY STUFFED, I just fill up on salads, veggies, and fruits until I can't eat another bite. By then, I'm just too full to want ANY food!! =)

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
—Thomas Jefferson

Date: July 19, 2009 07:10PM

Okay guys... to be honest... I did it. I ate two of them. It's the first time in about two weeks I actually had anything bad (unless you count the nut thing but that wasn't my fault).

That's it for the month though definitely... a few months back I might be taking milk and biscuits when I crashed... to be honest with you guys this is really not that big a deal for me, just a little yoghurt with topping... apart from "breaking the chain" which is the worst thing.

I know that it is stupid and ridiculous and there is no need for such nonsense. I'm not trying to defend it... I'm disappointed in myself. But it's like leaving heroin around for a heroin addict... don't you think it's like that sometimes...?

My fault? Not eating enough raw fruit&veg earlier I think. Then I started having these desires for quick food. Oh well...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/19/2009 07:11PM by SuperInfinity.

Date: July 19, 2009 07:16PM

Don't beat yourself up. You did great! That's awesome progress! Crashing on YOGURT instead of biscuits and milk is a HUGE improvement! And the good news is that it won't kill you. =) Chin-up and be happy and don't be sad about it. You're doing great and can always get back on track at home or tomorrow. =)

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
—Thomas Jefferson

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: July 19, 2009 07:43PM

SuperInfinity

it's like leaving heroin around for a heroin addict... don't you think it's like that sometimes...?

Yeah, I know what you mean. I'm like that too. I have to just draw a line in the sand and not have any cooked food or it escalates out of control fast. I know we are all different and that plenty of raw food eaters can have some dead food and then lick their lips and not have any difficulty eating all raw for months or years after that. Unfortunately I am not able to keep one foot in the raw camp and the other foot in the cooked camp. I wind up with both feet in one camp or the other. Its an ongoing choice based on learning what works for you.

Date: July 19, 2009 08:24PM

Thanks so much plainlydressed, EZRider and rawdanceruk, those are really good, smart and inspirational posts. smiling smiley

I'm going to save this thread for reference some other time, this really is a great place for support. smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/19/2009 08:24PM by SuperInfinity.

Posted by: rawdanceruk ()
Date: July 19, 2009 08:32PM

draw a line under it. dont spend time wallowing, postivity breeds positive energy

When I went home I chose to fast, as my family had no produce. Better than eating crackers for 4 days basically, when I got back I enjoyed gorgeous organic produce

Next time I will get to the organic market if I visit them

Lessons and all that jazz smiling smiley

Date: July 19, 2009 09:44PM

Yeah, I did that too and forgot to prepare before attending a family dinner. Had to eat watermelon the whole time. Boy was I hungry when I got home !!! LOLOL. Now I ALWAYS go prepared !!!!! *LOL* =)

—Thomas Jefferson

Posted by: rawfoods ()
Date: July 20, 2009 12:07AM

This is definitely one of my biggest peeves with people. They don't care what they eat or if their health fails, but people like us that do have to hang around these people and temptation sets in!

[www.healthyfoodrawdiet.com]

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: July 20, 2009 12:35AM

SuperInfinity Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm at my parents' house for a few days, this is
> always hard.
"I can resist everything except Temptation"....Mae West

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: July 20, 2009 09:25AM

Hey WY

<< "I can resist everything except Temptation"....Mae West>>

HA HA HAH love it!!

Posted by: veganreikiangel ()
Date: July 20, 2009 10:46AM

Mae West was the best!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables