Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: what do I do for this company dinner
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 20, 2009 08:29PM

I wouldn't say you're diabetic UNLESS you specify you're the less-common hereditary type. Diabetus is one of the most horrible diseases known to man and it's only found among people who eat modern foods in massive quantaties.

Saying she's diabetic would both make people feel sorry for her and also a bit of misinformation about diabetes. Type 2 diabetes doesn't occur in slim, young women... it's caused by elevated blood sugar levels which are of course caused by processed foods. It's not the white lie, it's the anecdotal nutritional misinformation that I'd be concerned about there...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: July 21, 2009 10:38PM

Mull over this, if you haven't already. Its a famous well read speech. Find your answer from a place of strength and not fear.

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small doesn't serve the world. There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We are born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us, it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others." The above speech by Nelson Mandela was orignally written by Marianne Williamson who is the author of other similar material."

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: July 21, 2009 10:57PM

la_veronique Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Mull over this, if you haven't already. Its a
> famous well read speech. Find your answer from a
> place of strength and not fear.
Very nice, La_V. Thanks for sharing.
It sounds just like Marianne Williamson....always
uplifting....WY

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: July 22, 2009 01:30AM

I love this speech because it resonates truly. I have never been uplifted by people who blasphemed themselves or apologized for who they were. I was always admirous of those who, despite their weaknesses, insecurities or whatever, decided to believe wholeheartedly in their vision, strength and abilities and forged ahead with equanimity and dignity.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables