Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

How are you supposed to weigh yourself...?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 21, 2009 06:50PM

I usually weigh myself in the morning with no clothes on... which also happens to be when it'll show the lightest...

Clothes are obviously not part of your weight, so there's no reason to count them. I do it in the morning because it's the easiest time to take my clothes off and because if you take a lot of fluids in your system they might add up during the day.

But on the other hand if you're weighed by a doctor, they might say to take off your shoes, coat, maybe jumper but that's it...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/2009 06:50PM by SuperInfinity.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How are you supposed to weigh yourself...?
Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: July 21, 2009 07:00PM

I don't weigh myself and don't think I'm "supposed" to. smiling smiley

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 21, 2009 07:08PM

Utopian Life Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I don't weigh myself and don't think I'm
> "supposed" to. smiling smiley

I know... and you might have a point like that. I definitely do agree with your philosophy of not weighing yourself.

It's not that's I'm getting obsessive about it, it's just that a difference of half a stone is really a big difference. I guess maybe it's about the difference between the two...?

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: July 21, 2009 07:19PM

SI,

In the morning seems like a good idea, but after your morning elimination. At the doctor's office, I've found that they don't even make me take my snowboots off in the winter, so clearly they aren't concerned about an accurate measurement!

Posted by: rawdanceruk ()
Date: July 21, 2009 07:52PM

if your getting obsessive. stop it

I dont weigh, I just train..eat..live.. freedom not to worry about numbers etc..enjoy it smiling smiley

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: July 21, 2009 08:40PM

i pop into the docs office once a month to see what the weights at , i dont have a scale at home smiling smiley naked in the morning after elimnation is what i hear is the best way smiling smiley

other then that my pants tell the story winking smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: pborst ()
Date: July 21, 2009 09:13PM

Weigh in daily, every morning after elimination. If your weight fluctuates up to a pound, no biggie. If it's more than that in one day, pay attention. Probably retaining fluid (sodium) or eating more than you need to. If it happens two days in a row (more than 2 lbs per day), I would be concerned and take action to prevent a third day.

Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: July 21, 2009 09:32PM

Scales vary so much.
At home I can weigh 171 lbs.
Go to the dr office an hour later and I weigh 185.
I think the point is to use the same scale as a reference from day to day.

Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: July 21, 2009 10:21PM

I weigh at the Y once every other week or so. I know I have a little weight to lose, and as long as I am continually improving my eating and exercise habits, I'm not going to worry about what I weigh. My honey is happy with the size of my body, but I feel better when I weigh somewhat less than I do now. My weight fluctuates a little, and I'd like to lose a little before my 30 year (yikes!!) high school reunion.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables