Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Gurgling Intestine..
Posted by: petrichor ()
Date: July 22, 2009 01:54PM

I woke up this morning after a six hour sleep, hadn't eaten for ten hours (dinner was steamed potatoes with carrot and peas- part of david klein's C&C self healing recommendations- taken with digestive enzyme capsules- they sat and digested well, had no problems last night) After about an hour of being awake, fed my hungry stomach. Just a small bowl of freshly diced strawberries and two clementines. Since then my intestines have been doing that loud gurgling thing they do, like they've forgotten how to digest food or something. Any ideas on how to explain this? It happens often.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Gurgling Intestine..
Posted by: rawdanceruk ()
Date: July 22, 2009 02:33PM

hmm.. maybe mono meals might help

mine were noisy when i started.. cant recommend getting off the cooked dinners enough!

All the best on your journey!

Date: July 22, 2009 03:24PM

I do do mono-meals often though. Sometimes just juice until noon, and still they are loud.

The cooked dinners are not everynight- in fact I've only eaten the steamed potatoes three times, and they are part of David Kleins transition to raw food diet, as well as a lot of juicy fruit.

Posted by: rawdanceruk ()
Date: July 22, 2009 03:41PM

I did look at his approach as I have healed myself of crohns now, but.. didnt go for it in the end

hmm..well as long as your not in discomfort with it?

all the best with your healing smiling smiley

Date: July 22, 2009 06:07PM

I sipped on fresh orange juice from 10-11, increased gurgling followed by a small elimination. Ten uncomfortable minutes in the bathroom and as soon as I finish my humiliating walk back to my desk I already feel like I have to run back in, even though once I get in there I usually just sit and wait. Thirty minutes later I went on break, had another elimination, not much bigger. I wasn't feeling that hungry for lunch so I just grabbed an avocado. The gurgling noises have dramatically increased in volume and length, and I couldn't even concentrate on my book. It's starting to get uncomfortable- not like I have to use the bathroom again, but just pain with the movement and pressure. The rest of the afternoon is undoubtedly going to be even more humiliating than the first half. If my body can't handle digesting a bowl of strawberries or a glass of orange juice, I think I'm in for quite the battle towards healing myself. I kind of want to just water fast for an extended period of time so I don't have to deal with this anymore. I'm holding back tears I'm becoming so frustrated.

Posted by: Lizard ()
Date: July 22, 2009 06:19PM

Oh I'm sorry to hear of your discomfort. I have IBD too, haven't healed myself completely with it yet, but I'm working on it. It's very frustrating and takes time, and it's a lifetime of work, that pays off in every way in the end. How long have you been doing this? I had a similar problem when I tried to eat some cooked veggies on Kleins. I found that juicing my greens is really the best for dinner. As much as I miss my nice big salads, and still have them occasionally. Sometimes you just need something, and hey it's better than pizza! It's a work in progress. I find that my mental state makes a huge difference. If I'm disappointed and walking through the day with a chip on my shoulder, my stomach hurts even worse. But when I try to stay focused on relaxing, and being mellow it really helps. So, when we get frustrated that definately flairs things up. Just take a nice hot bath, make a nice green juice if you can, and relax tonight. Treat yourself to something special. Everyday try to do something that makes you really happy, take time to appreciate yourself, your health, and the progress that you make. These kinds of things help me when I'm feeling down too. I also think the starch from the potatoe caused you harm. I can't even eat mashed up cooked squash with 100% comfort, but it's alot better than other things if my cravings are driving me wildsmiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables