Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Empaths...
Posted by: veganreikiangel ()
Date: July 23, 2009 04:22PM

Anyone else here an empath, or noticed their empathic and intuitive abilities develop on the raw diet?
I know mine have....from doing raw and Reiki. Its a nice gift to have tho it can be trying at times!
I worked with a boss who was super emotionally unstable....the only way I could describe him is.....a volcano of emotion.....that's when its a downside to being *tuned in*. I believe everyone has this gift but most people don't pay attention, or just blow it off....

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Empaths...
Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: July 23, 2009 04:43PM

I have noticed an increasing awareness of other people and the joys and suffering in their lives since going raw vegan (Aug 1 07). The biggest reason I post on the forum is I want to help if I can. I'm a long way from an expert on raw foods and wellness but I am most appreciative of the beneficial effect the raw vegan lifestyle has had on my health and if I can share what has helped me maybe I can help someone else. I would have to say the empathy i feel is something new for me and IMO is a result of this lifestyle. In addition to feeling more empathy toward people I also have more feeling for the animals that we share the planet with. I wouldn't call myself an empath but rather someone who feels more empathy now then previously.

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: July 23, 2009 05:01PM

I'm an empath. Yes, raw food, detoxifying and fasting all have helped me a lot to make being an empath a pleasant, rather than an excruciating, experience! ;-p

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: July 23, 2009 05:46PM

Hmmm.
I had a girlfriend that said she could take on someones sad mood,and remove it from them.
This is an interesting possibility for all of us if we clean out our bodies and minds with pure living foods.

Vinny

Posted by: veganreikiangel ()
Date: July 23, 2009 07:03PM

I have a friend who teases me and calls me Deanna Troi. She then says.....Sadness....I sense extreme sadnesss captain...."
LoL
I took one of those quizzes on facebook to find out which star trek tng character you are....and sure enough.....I was counselor troi...lol

Posted by: The Fruit Faery ()
Date: July 23, 2009 07:05PM

Yes veganreikiangel
My connection to nature is deeper and stronger.
It is easier to connect with and live in the present moment.

I can also tolerate an individual in the throws of a volcanic emotional state (as you describe it) as i do not become associated with it.
Pre raw i would flee from a person in the 'volcanic state'. I just could not handle it.

ffx

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 23, 2009 07:14PM

I agree with the topic and also think an incredible calmness happens as well from raw foods. In fact even when I was semi-SAD I always found temporary real calmness by just eating raw foods.

I remember when I was semi-SAD I could be very emotional and have empthay/intution sometimes, however hormones and chemicals aren't in balance properly though. Your body is trying its best to make them but they're out of balance. Like when I wanted to go to sleep I would pretend so much there was a girl there with me every night and we were hugging and etc., because it's the only thing that would calm me down enough when I was on the SAD, it was like a drug. With raw foods I don't *NEED* that quarter as much, but at the same time I find I am more loving and appreciative of most humans and humanity (but not the system they follow).

This is partly why the dogma is to dampen all emotions and all feelings as they must all be wrong. To live out a lifeless and soul-less experience. That money and jobs and status are what's important and there should be no emotion, no questioning at all. If you live like that you may as well be dead.

Posted by: Ariel55 ()
Date: July 24, 2009 07:49PM

Yes I'm an empath stongly intuitive and resonate with the feelings of others too, such as animals children, the vulnerable etc.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables