Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

so far today
Posted by: Hellokitty ()
Date: July 24, 2009 01:25PM

ok so for breakfast I had

breakfast= 10 bananas = actually that is a lot. that is 950 cal (i think) oh well I need it.

lunch= lettus salad with olives = dont know the caloris,

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: so far today
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 24, 2009 01:40PM

Hellokitty Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ok so for breakfast I had
>
>
> breakfast= 10 bananas = actually that is a lot.
> that is 950 cal (i think) oh well I need it.
>
>
> lunch= lettus salad with olives = dont know the
> caloris,

Lettuce has practically zero calories. Not to sound like a broken record but Dr. Richard Wrangham (who is ironically a cooked-foodist) and others have clearly shown that we don't actually absorb all of the calories from raw food.

We don't absorb all of the calories from any food, but with cooked food the percentage is a huge amount less. The calorie values you see today are using the same old system that was developed decades ago that takes none of this into account.

Posted by: rawdanceruk ()
Date: July 24, 2009 01:57PM

just eat enough..and mono and clean

dont worry about counting this counting that

agreed on the lettuce, if your going to have greens have some proper greens!!

Date: July 24, 2009 02:00PM

Hmm interesting. Its so weird that what you quoted is never said in any books and for 30 years I have been told you need this many calories to survive, but i never new you dont absorb all the calories.

i love lettus and spinach. Spianch seems to really help harden the stool, but yes there is no calories in it. Paul Nison in his book said nothing about calories and he also said not to worry about weight. (although i do tend to do just that) Paul said its about muscle.

Date: July 24, 2009 02:05PM

I dont worry about weight

I train 3-5 hrs a day, I eat lots of fruit.. I dont stress about this that and the other

all I know is I am healthy, crohns free and happy!

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: July 24, 2009 02:09PM

Hellokitty,

If I were you I would worry about eating simple monomeals and eating to satisfaction of appetite, not calories. What's important is continuing to heal the dysfunction in your digestive system. Calories don't matter where this is concerned. Vitamins, minerals, water, and fiber do. Eat simply until you feel satisfied, try to eat you fruit first on an empty stomach, and graze throughout the day if you are hungry.

Date: July 24, 2009 02:12PM

Agreed. with what is said. The only thing I want is to be UC and med free.

Posted by: plainlydressed ()
Date: July 24, 2009 02:14PM

Stop worrying about calories. Eat mono and enough quantity to feel full and satisfied. Eat whatever makes you feel BETTER and whatever makes the stools more comfortable and solid. Plenty of juicing will help your fluid levels replenish from all the diarrhea and will also replenish the lost electrolytes. The bananas will also help with that. You're doing fine. Try to stop worrying so much about calories and focus on HEALING. You're doing great. =)

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
—Thomas Jefferson

Date: July 24, 2009 02:25PM

thanks plainlydressed. Im at work writing this but today i feel great. im still on pentasa. i did stop it for a week but then I had that mucus. so I went back to it. I will give it two more weeks then I will try to stop using it again.

Rawdanceruk might laugh when she sees how much pentasa i take. Its hardly anything which is great. I take 500 mg of 1 pentasa tablet then I take 1 asacol nightly. Its not alot so it shouldent be hard to get off. It is just engouh to get rid of that inflamation which I had yesterday.

Date: July 24, 2009 02:37PM

Sweetie.

everyone has provided fantastic advice, all here to support your healing

do not worry, do not crash off your meds and have a flare- just keep eating plenty and patience.

..I wont even tell you the reel of meds I was taking, I was going broke to afford my medication!

Posted by: plainlydressed ()
Date: July 24, 2009 03:05PM

Rawdancer is right. Don't feel bad for using your meds to get relief until things get back on track. There IS a time and place for conventional medicine used correctly. =) You NEED to calm down the flare-up and slowly get back on track and things will iron themselves out with time and patience. Your particular condition is not an easy one to heal from, so we all think you're doing FANTASTIC in your efforts. Don't feel badly about anything and do what you have to do to get relief and get back on the road to healing. =)

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
—Thomas Jefferson

Date: July 24, 2009 05:03PM

Thanks everyone,

I think i got on the correct road at just the right time. The pentasa which I havent usally taken alot of was not working as well as when I started it. I usually take only one tablet which is 500mg then I take 1 asacol which is 250mg. they have the same ingredient. any way i havent been on 6 mp or pred. so if i get on this path now i think i will save my self from these other stonger meds.

pred is scary. I have taken it for asthma when i was young.

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: July 24, 2009 09:57PM

Can you ditch the olives and eat your salad plain?

Posted by: wendysmiling ()
Date: July 24, 2009 11:08PM

I think you did great and there is nothing wrong with lettuce. It's a great green as long as it's not iceberg. What kind of dressing do you like? I don't remember if you can have soaked sunflower seeds or not with your condition. I let them sprout overnight and blend with lemon, pepper & parsley. Tastes kinda like ranch. it doesn't take very much. Of course Like I said I don't even know if you can eat that.

Kitty I think it's great that you never stop trying. You should be proud of yourself. You'll get there. No meds would be SO great!! I know it's hard to be patient. It is for me too.
Huggs,
w

WendySmiling in Oklahoma
www.16weeks2health.blogspot.com
12/17/10.......240/155/125

Date: July 25, 2009 04:18PM

Utopian Life

I tried to ditch the fats today but ended up eating avocado. I was soo hungry. It was 1 avacado and some olives. how do I curve the hunger pains by not eating fats. This is my biggest problem. I feel soo hungry after I eat a plain salad. I have a work fun day tomrrow so I am taiking alot of fruit.

Posted by: Helen ()
Date: July 25, 2009 05:11PM

I stay hungry if I only eat fruit because firstly, fruits are digested in 30 minutes, and secondly, they make the blood sugar rise quickly and then drop sharply --> hungry again.

A lot of raw foodist in Germany (including me) eat fruit only together with green leaves. That makes you really full, you get additional vitamins & minerals etc. from the greens, and the blodd sugar rises more slowly.

Cheers
Helen

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables