Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

do you drink water?
Posted by: lisa m ()
Date: July 28, 2009 03:39PM

i've been reading Quantum Eating by Tonya Zavasta and she recommends not drinking any water (ie getting your liquids from fruit and veggie juice)... seems an intriguing idea... anyone here do that?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: do you drink water?
Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: July 28, 2009 04:16PM

lisa m Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ....... seems an intriguing idea... anyone here
> do that?
I'd say it is difficult to do. I know one of the
Top 10 Raw Foodists, and even she drinks water on occasion.
Maybe you could do it if your Diet was mostly liquid....WY

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 28, 2009 04:27PM

Other primates sometimes get almost all their water from fruit alone.

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: July 28, 2009 05:24PM

I have noticed that the more freely I sip on water the less food I eat. I enjoy the refreshing taste of clean, pure water and find it very hydrating.

Posted by: juicerkatz ()
Date: July 28, 2009 05:29PM

I do drink a good deal of water. I know this lifestyle suggests that you consume much of the liquid from juices, but I can't realistically take them with me everywhere I go, especially on certain jobs, plus as EZ rider mentioned, I simply enjoy it!

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: July 28, 2009 07:35PM

Yes. I don't want to chance getting dehydrated. And I dare say other primates lead less hectic lives than we do, SuperInfinity : )

Posted by: kleinphi ()
Date: July 28, 2009 11:43PM

I once spent an entire summer in Florida without drinking anything Sunday through Friday every week. No juice, no water, no gasoline, no solid helium, no fluids whatsoever. I would walk the beach for hours every day. On Saturdays I would eat nothing, but drink water.

If you are 100% raw with little or no food that is not a fresh fruit or vegetable, then not only are you getting a lot of water from your food, but you also get plenty of carbohydrates, which break down into carbon dioxide and --- you guessed it --- water, and you are not eating an excessive amount of protein, so your urine is not very toxic, even if it contains less water.

Personally my main (internal) use for water is to cure a headache, but I really don't get many headaches; never have.

Date: July 29, 2009 12:04AM

Im new and just trying a Raw Food Diet after being a Vegan for over 2 years is it too soon for me to even think about not drinking water

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: July 29, 2009 12:13AM

The not drinking water - its not something you make happen, but allow to happen on its own. I used to drink water regularly when I first started growing raw, but as I increased the volume of juicy fruits in my diet, the water became totally unnecessary for a typical day.

But if I've been working hard outdoors and it is very hot and sunny, I will drink water if I am thirsty.

Posted by: juicerkatz ()
Date: July 29, 2009 01:04AM

"But if I've been working hard outdoors and it is very hot and sunny, I will drink water if I am thirsty."

Same here. If I am doing hard manual labor out of doors, or working out, I can go through several quarts in an hours' time. I did want to mention that I always add lemon or lime slices to my water.

Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: July 29, 2009 04:05AM

YUp.
Distilled water only.
With fresh squeezed lemon in it.

Vinny

Date: July 29, 2009 05:02AM

eaglefly Wrote:
> With fresh squeezed lemon in it.
I used Lemon (or Lime) too, but it got to be
a P-I-T-A, so I quit. I drink Natural Spring Water....WY

Posted by: debbietook ()
Date: July 29, 2009 05:51AM

Lisa, I drink no water except couple of inches in a banana smoothie every day or so.

I'm on a high-fruit 100% raw diet.

Date: July 29, 2009 06:46AM

debbietook Wrote:
> I'm on a high-fruit 100% raw diet.
You certainly rank in the Top 10....WY

Posted by: lisa m ()
Date: July 29, 2009 03:23PM

thanks for the responses guys. interesting. yes, it would make sense to just let it happen naturally... and it would logically suit an 8/1/1 type high fruit diet the best...
would be nice to have a supply of good spring water... drinking that stuff really feels 'alive'...I found some at the top of a mountain in Glencoe a while back and drank some, tasted magical smiling smiley
I just have filtered tap water normally though, which is not really ideal.

Date: July 29, 2009 07:00PM

Do any of you workout? I cant imagine not drinking water while im doing my workouts

Posted by: pborst ()
Date: July 29, 2009 07:40PM

SuperInfinity Wrote:
> Other primates sometimes get almost all their
> water from fruit alone.

I don't think that's true. Even though most primates live in a tropical climate, there's still a wet season and a dry season. I would think they would have to drink water during the dry season when fruit is less prevalent.

Date: July 29, 2009 08:05PM

A case could be made that Man is not a drinking
animal. Carnivores are definitely water drinkers.
Someone find me a picture of a Chimpanzee drinking water....WY

[thumb18.shutterstock.com.edgesuite.net]

Date: July 29, 2009 08:09PM

Forget it....WY

[images.stockxpert.com]

Date: July 29, 2009 10:09PM

WY,

HA-HA-HA-HA-HA!!!

Posted by: tiffany martinez ()
Date: July 30, 2009 08:36PM

I drink water daily.. I eat lots of water dense fruits as part of my normal fare (lots of melons!).. But I probably also drink 2 quarts a day in addition. I used to drink almost a gallon on my "healthy" vegan diet because It seemed the grains and such just sucked it up like a sponge and hid it somewhere...

I don't know why I drink how much I do, but I like to pee almost clear, just a slight tinge of yellow.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: July 30, 2009 08:42PM

Yogi that was funny tongue sticking out smiley i drink water when im sweatingg alot working hard .. like the last week in this heatwave smiling smiley just nuts whew ! in the winter .. not so much unless im really feeling dehydrated smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: jwebs16 ()
Date: July 31, 2009 05:00AM

I am on my third week raw and I'm finding I need a lot less water. I play roller derby which involves boot camp style physical training. And even at practice I need half the water I used to need. Yay to no more stomach cramps from too much water during a work out!

Date: July 31, 2009 01:21PM

Yes. We should drink water 5 ltrs a day.

[drmanthenasnaturallifestyle.com]

Thanks
Ganesh.

Date: July 31, 2009 01:49PM

ganeshinfs Wrote:
> Yes. We should drink water 5 ltrs a day.
Thanks for posting this. I just had my Good Laugh
for the day....WY

Date: July 31, 2009 07:08PM

Ganesh,

I agree--if one is eating cooked foods. This volume of separate water necessarily becomes even hazardous on raw foods.

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: August 01, 2009 08:34PM

I have a high fruit diet, but like some others above, I get thirsty when I work out. I drink up to a whole glass of water in the morning during yoga, and one or two glasses of water in the evening when I run and/or do weights.

I try to apply the following rule to both eating and drinking: do it when it feels right. I eat (whole raw foods) when I'm hungry and drink (water) when I'm thirsty.

I think maybe the rule works best on a raw food diet, because the natural appetite for both food and water is more sensitive.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables