Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Facial creams, ECT
Posted by: jan ()
Date: August 03, 2006 11:57AM

Blessings,
Please share any recipes you have for facials, cleaning the face, masks, all things good for the skin that are natural.....

Peace Jan

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Facial creams, ECT
Posted by: mallow ()
Date: August 03, 2006 03:53PM

I love love love green clay masks. They are fantastic! Also mashed banana masks, avocado masks, peach masks, peppermint steams, oh boy!
There's a book, I think called "Natural Beauty" that has a bunch of recipes in it.

Posted by: Jen Rose ()
Date: August 03, 2006 04:25PM

I got this info from another Raw site:

Baby Soft Coconut Facial
Lots of people think they have combination skin -- rough and dry on cheeks, chin or forehead accompanied by an oily nose ( sometimes parts of the forehead or chin are also oily) and enlarged or clogged pores. This type of skin is very often perfectly normal skin that's been irritated by soap and other harsh commercial products. One effective, gentle and simple treatment is a coconut oil facial.

It's most effective to do this in conjunction with an epsom salts soak. Fill the tub with hot water and a high proportion of epsom salts, turn off bathroom exhaust fans so that the room will become steamy. Once in the tub, wet your face with a bit of the epsom salt water, then coat it thickly with virgin coconut oil. Stay in the tub as long as is comfy -- I love how relaxing it is and use this time to exfoliate my whole body with a washcloth, read, listen to music, or just daydream. While you soak, drink lots of water to balance the water lost during the bath. Two or three times during the soak, use a clean washcloth to gently massage away the coconut oil on your face. Then re-apply.

After your bath, use your washcloth, dunked in the hot epsom salts water, to gently press around any areas of enlarged or clogged pores. You'll be pushing out stuff that's been accumulating in those pores. You'll be surprised how much gunk can acuumulate in pores and how something so soothing and simple can remove dead skin and calm irritation. Your skin will be pretty, glowing and pink (that pink will calm down really quickly, unlike the pink one gets from chemical treatments.)

Follow up by *skipping* soap and commerical skin products. If skin feels oily during the day, just wash with plain water and dry with a clean cloth. In a week or so, skin will have normalized to an amazing degree.

You can do this treatement several times a week until skin heals, then go to once a month or less after skin has healed.

The BEST face scrub is honey with almond pulp

The BEST moisturezer is honey, or olive oil or coconut oil, shea butter is also good

As I go through all these Raw sites I keep docs of all the cool info I find to use later or research up. Hope this helps...

Jen Rose

"You must first unlearn the lies, and then you will have room for the truth"

Date: August 04, 2006 01:35AM

Thanks Guys!
I can't wait to try that steamy bath!
Jan

Posted by: lilpaws ()
Date: August 04, 2006 04:06AM

if i weren't vegan i'd want to eat that honey and almond masque.
i'll try agave and almonds ;D

Date: August 04, 2006 12:19PM

Yikes, It all sounds so good, You can do a facial and eat breakfast at the same time! Is'nt it great being raw! :~)
XOXOX Jan

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables