Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: PICTURES OF YOUR FOOD
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 08, 2009 07:22PM

i like how you made a little face out of it all! did you mean to do that? it's so cute.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: August 09, 2009 12:27AM

coco Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> i like how you made a little face out of it all!
> did you mean to do that?
I was trying to be 'geometrical' about it, but
didn't realize it was going to make a face.
It so easy for me to live out of my Blender....WY

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: August 09, 2009 07:50AM

WY

<<It so easy for me to live out of my Blender....WY>>

Well, I would certainly hope so. It surely would be NO FUN ( not at all) to live INSIDE the blender. ( no no nosad smiley shaking my head tsk tsk

grinning smiley

i too like the mr. potato head style arrangement of your veggie

i dig it

real coolsmiling smiley

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: August 09, 2009 10:03AM

la_veronique Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well, I would certainly hope so. It surely would
> be NO FUN ( not at all) to live INSIDE the
> blender.
La_V.....you know what I meant!! Anyway, you started
all this. I don't see why you can't post a picture of what
you eat. And that goes for everyone else too!!.....WY

"A picture is worth a thousand words.".....old Chinese proverb.

Date: August 09, 2009 05:57PM

funny how you subconsciously you created a face with your ingredients.

you guys are reminding me of that Groucho Marx joke:

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark.

ha ha ha ha ha!

ok, creation of the day.

tada! blueberry mousse torte. similar to the raspberry but tastes Way different and minus any sweetner and the chocolate glaze.

this set up so incredibly well, you know how blueberries make a smoothie sort of thick? excellent mousse texture for a dessert. but it started to "weep" moisture after not too long and the texture changed to not so fabulous so i'm freezing it, that should fix it.

this mix makes an Excellent pudding, no kid alive could tell it's not jello-pudding and it is just 1 cup of soaked cashews, about 3 cups of blueberries and one of strawberries and a small handfull of flax seeds powdered before adding to the blender. it's amazing, i totally dare you to try just that as a pudding/mousse dessert but eat it right away for best taste and texture. it only takes a few minutes to put it all in and blend it smooth anyhow. you could have it all in the blender (except the ground flax , add once it's started to get smooth) and just turn it on after dinner to make it super fresh. give it a go!

Date: August 09, 2009 07:13PM

snackerel

cucumber crunchers with "da bomb" cheddar cheese sauce, it's amazing.

recipe here
[www.rawfoodtalk.com]

ps the blueberry torte is better frozen but it's, well, frozen. I'll keep this recipe for pudding exclusively i think.

Posted by: plainlydressed ()
Date: August 09, 2009 11:53PM

Coco - I think you've missed your calling. =) I smell a "RAW Top Chef" in the making !!! Bobby Flay, eat your heart out !!! *LOL* =) That stuff is just too gorgeous to EAT !!! =)

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
—Thomas Jefferson

Date: August 10, 2009 01:19AM

honestly, i'm just a novice with this stuff, though i do know my way 'round a kitchen passably well with cooked foods. i usually eat super simple raw but the kids and my dad are forcing me to branch out. whatever i've made here, it's totally easy to the point that anyone could do it. granted, i have a few tools (blender, food processor, spice mill, spiral slicer, juicer that spins and one with a screw press, and a sharp, Sharp knife) but no vita mix or dehydrator or anything. i just follow the instructions of the really good food uncooks before me, they did all the real work! honestly, check out the recipes i've linked to and you'll see for yourself, they are all surprisingly easy easy peasy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/10/2009 01:19AM by coco.

Date: August 10, 2009 07:18PM

Raspberry Vanilla Almond Granola

Above Onion Bread, Below Spicy Corn Crackers

Raw Cheese Cake with Raspberry Topping

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/10/2009 07:22PM by deegarry@yahoo.com.

Date: August 10, 2009 08:14PM

yay! gorgeous! What's in your cheezecake? looks num...

Date: August 10, 2009 08:21PM

Raw Cheese Cake, I don't have the recipe on hand, but I recall lots of macadamia nuts, Cashews, coconut oil, .... and I don't remember the other ingredients, but I got it from "The Complete Book of Raw Foods" page 314. It's so yummy!

Date: August 11, 2009 02:27AM

Hmm, I could have sworn I posted this picture already but it's not here anymore... That is super odd. I typed out the recipe and Everything!

Oh well, here it is again. Let me know if you want the recipe.

Zucchini pasta with creamy marinara sauce, cherry tomatoes, chives, hemp seeds and pinenut parmesan. It was really good.

Date: August 11, 2009 11:10AM

Wheeatgrass yogi says:

<<La_V.....you know what I meant!! Anyway, you started
all this. I don't see why you can't post a picture of what
you eat.>>

Neither can I. Ain't life grand!

Posted by: Amarynth ()
Date: August 11, 2009 09:57PM

::droooooool:: That looks SO good. Can I ask what sort of tool you used to get the Zucchini pasta so slim?

Date: August 13, 2009 01:53AM

saladacco or spiral slicer. i'm going to upgrade to a berniner though, it has TWO sizes for making pasta, yay! the trick is to use smaller zucchini, the big ones have a center that is mushier and full of seeds, it clogs up the machine and doesn't make good strands. plus the noodles aren't as firm as young, small ones.
i salt and oil them and let them sit for about 20 mins to draw out extra water, then rinse with very warm water (just before eating so it's not cold) and press it all out in a screen or collander.

i took this sauce camping for the last two days, we had it yesterday and today and it was just so freaking good! oh man.

i made a delicious chocolate brownie things with coconut cashew whip too, holy moly what a to die for dessert! i never used to eat that kind of thing but i'm getting relaxed about this stuff in my old age i gotta say. i've rediscovered my love of food preparing, the kitchen is alive with crazy recipes these days. i'm on a roll!

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: August 13, 2009 08:53PM

Hi coco,

The purple cake and the zucchini spaghetti look SO GOOD! How did you make the marinara sauce?

Date: August 13, 2009 09:11PM

This is some of the food we grow on our farm, as it appears in Mother Nature's kitchen, and ready - or almost ready - to be served from her own hand:

Mangosteen

Sunrise papayas

Sugarloaf (white) pineapple

Apple bananas

Murashige avocados

Mamey sapotes

Bosworth lychees

Jackfruit

Pink hibiscus (edible)

A banana plate full of Mother Nature's offerings, ready to be shared smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/13/2009 09:20PM by suncloud.

Date: August 13, 2009 09:52PM

*whimper* can i please, please, Please come and live with you?

Date: August 13, 2009 11:17PM

Coco,

Only if you bring along your zucchini pasta and your purple cake and your really cute kids! Sure, c'mon over. smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/13/2009 11:19PM by suncloud.

Date: August 14, 2009 01:00AM

dude, where are you? i'm on my way! (not even partially kidding. I'll do any gardening, childminding, housekeeping, mad crafting, stitching and food preparation you like! just call me mad martha!).

my dad made neatloaf tonight (cooked in a hot oven for over 2 hours, started off with roasted nuts! what a waste of good nuts) with miso gravy, boiled soft yams and frozen peas swimming in a lake of butter (he calls this "just a bit of butter"winking smiley. this is his concession to my vegetarian diet. all i can say is ugh. i pretended to eat some then went back to the rest of my two pounds of fresh cherries. might attack one of the melons on the counter later on.
what's with the thrice killed food eh? how does anyone think this is healthy? GROSS! some people just don't get it. sigh.

as for that marinara sauce, i have the recipe committed to memory it was so easy!

soak 1 cup of sundried tomatoes and 2 pitted dates for about 1 hour to soften (soak in separate containers).
place in the blender with 2-3 med tomatoes chopped into pieces.
add a bit of salt, some pepper if desired, fresh or dried herbs of your choice, minced garlic and 2 Tbsp of olive oil.
blend until smooth. that's the recipe from here [thesunnyrawkitchen.blogspot.com]
I changed it though to make it creamy, I added about a cup of finely ground cashews and blended that up at the end. it was very thick, I used a bit of the tomato soak water to make the blender go.
serve with pinenut parmesan and YUM! delish.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/14/2009 01:02AM by coco.

Date: August 14, 2009 06:14AM

Thanks for the recipe, coco!

I thought you were just kidding about coming here! Actually, my husband would have a fit if someone showed up to live with us who I met on the internet. Wouldn't work out too well.

But, if you ever come to Hilo, drop me a PM, and I'll make sure you get plenty bananas and whatever else happens to be in season at the time (sorry, best I can do)!

Date: August 14, 2009 12:44PM

oh man, you live in paradise. sigh.

Date: August 14, 2009 08:23PM

Hey Suncloud:

ohhhhhhhhh myyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

you grow all that?

WOOWOOWWWWWWWWW

beeeeeaaaauttttteeeeeeeoooussssss!!

i wanna mangostteeen!

such a gorgeous colorful vibrant garden you got there

i can almost SMELL those fruits

Date: August 15, 2009 07:56AM

Hi LaVeronique,

Actually, we didn't grow any of it....nature did! We help out a little.

Mangosteens are really good. The first fruits came last winter. Not a lot, but we're hoping to have more this year. smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/15/2009 08:01AM by suncloud.

Date: August 15, 2009 10:07AM

geeez suncloud

and u wonder why everyone here is in love with nature smiling smiley

hey coco:

that was HILLARRIOUS! what you described your dad making. it seems like he is pretty knew to the vegetarian thing because i am not sure anyone would put neatloaf in the oven. then again... yah never know... peas SWIMMING in butter? wow... it hurt for me to just READ that LOLsmiling smiley wheeeww! that is actually pretty dramatic.
I am not sure that I could have eaten a bite of the neatloaf. It would have scared me to do so but a part of me thought " awww your dad IS trying" . just tell him to eat his own awesome cuisine and you will enjoy your own. I like having my arteries clear (smile)

Posted by: Lee_123 ()
Date: August 15, 2009 12:36PM

This thread is so inspirational. Thanks, everyone!

Date: August 15, 2009 01:21PM

ver, he keeps making pies too. last time i watched him from the other room as he took a 2 kg bag of sugar, squeezed it in half and shook out about 1/2 a kg of it into each of the two pies he was making. now that was sad And disgusting. yuck, all that wonderful fruit ruined.

Date: August 16, 2009 03:44AM

hey coco

maybe you ought to get him some raw vegan videos

i think people like those cuz they are fun

i like ani phyo's videos

then again u can just go to youtube and see all other raw vegan videos

yeah, tell your dad its against the law to waste food

LOLsmiling smiley

Date: August 22, 2009 11:37PM

hey, where's all the food? r u all fasting or what?

Posted by: musicbebe ()
Date: August 23, 2009 01:31AM

Coco I wish I could eat at your house every day! How do you manage such lovely meals with a young family? Do you schedule your uncooking time?

Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables