Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

My first 5 days on raw
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 02, 2009 11:42PM

Well, it's almost the end of the weekend, and just wanted to share my journey so far. I haven't had any problems with eating raw for breakfast (smoothies are so easy), and I've ate salads for lunch every day, but dinner is my issues. Friday after work I was craving cheese dip from the mexican restaurant. And I just had to have a beer. I did stick with being vegatarian though cause I got veggie fajitas. But I sure did feel horrible (physically) afterward.

Then yesterday I went to Whole Foods to get some special stuff I've been needing for some recipes I wanted to try. But on the way home my SAD husband wanted steak, so we went to Longhorn. I was good in that I just got veggies (even though they were cooked) so I felt proud of myself with that (cause I normally would have ate steak too), but then I ate an ice cream with my daughter. Again I felt horrible afterwards.

So even though I'm not 100% raw, I feel proud of myself that for my first week doing this, I've been about 75% raw. And I made a really good raw apple pie last night - my first real raw recipe!

Heather

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: My first 5 days on raw
Posted by: morgenjune ()
Date: August 03, 2009 12:01AM

>
> Then yesterday I went to Whole Foods to get some
> special stuff I've been needing for some recipes I
> wanted to try. But on the way home my SAD husband
> wanted steak, so we went to Longhorn. I was good
> in that I just got veggies (even though they were
> cooked) so I felt proud of myself with that (cause
> I normally would have ate steak too), but then I
> ate an ice cream with my daughter. Again I felt
> horrible afterwards.

Im just curious after reading this how many people are or arnt vegetarian/vegan before going raw? It would make sence to be veg first. Im vegan and would think it would be ever so hard to go strait from a SAD diet to raw. But props to those who do!

nomnomnomnom...!

Posted by: Natsroses ()
Date: August 03, 2009 12:03AM

Well done!! Keep it going and try to add a little more raw foods each day. Yes, dinner tend to be the hardest. Since I decided not to eat past 7 or 8pm anymore, it has been really easy for me not to crave things at dinner.

Posted by: DaisyHair ()
Date: August 03, 2009 03:04PM

Hi Heather..

Way to go so far!

I am starting day six.

I have the same issues with dinners..
I have made a Pad Thai style shredded salad with ginger carrot pureed dressing and had veggie avo nori wraps with wasabi and pickled ginger a couple of nights.. I also made some sundried tomato, garlic, lemon, flax crackers and cashew hummus (still not sure where to get truly raw cashews!) one night and having that again tonight.

I have had cooked twice.. one nite a cooked veggie meal (brussel sprouts, tomato and okra and greens) and also one nite had some popcorn while watching a movie.. but so far for me I am doing very well.

I am eating all fruit until around noon and then having a nice salad, like you for lunch each day.

I am trying to learn interesting dressings to keep the salad fun.

Here's to another week!

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: August 03, 2009 06:14PM

in 2001 I was eating a primarily fast food diet monday to friday -macD's, etc. friday nights was pizza night, saturday night was chinese food, sunday id actually make my one homemade meal of the week. I am deeply horrified at how much money i must have spent eating out lol

eventually i started making all that greasy fastfood, and take out at home until 2002 i was eating at home 6 out of 7 days a week .. better ...

then i cut out beef/pork
then i cut out fowl
then i cut out fish

2003 then i became vegetarian
then i cut out dairy
then i cut out eggs
this vegetarian time was kinda short maybe 3-4 months as none of the soy stuff really didnt set well with me so ...

2003/04 then i became beegan ...
then i cut out honey
and became vegan tongue sticking out smiley

and finally late 2007 100% raw smiling smiley

from 2002 i was eating mostly 75% raw foods but bounced back and forth and it took me about 5 years to really push to 100% smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/03/2009 06:21PM by Jgunn.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables