Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Eating Raw and Weightloss
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 04, 2006 01:21AM

I just became "raw" a few days ago but have been vegan for a couple weeks and I was wondering if to lose weight, do you need to be 100% raw? I eat pretty healthy (i am pretty strict with eating raw... i usually only slip up when it comes to crackers or chips) but now and then i'll slip in some crackers or reduced fat potatoe chips (i know, chips are bad but sometimes are a convient snack when I am rushed and forget to pack fruit with me, haha). So, any advice or tips on losing weight would be really appreciated. I'm 5'2 and weigh about 139 and my goal is to at least be at 120. I'm a young vegan (only 17) so bare with me because i'm new to the raw food world. Haha.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Eating Raw and Weightloss
Posted by: shep252 ()
Date: August 04, 2006 02:56AM

Hi! Well, I am 26 and 5'2" and I was 120 lbs. after my second child. Then about a month ago I started out raw (am now 85-90% raw) and I lost a lot of weight. I was 115lbs. I am now 105 lbs. So losing weight is a common thing when going raw. I think there is a website also for teenage raw support. I can't remember what the site is. I hope someone on here that knows it will tell you. This is a great site, too, but the other is geared toward teens. Happy raw eating!

ha! I found it! www.rawfoodteens.com Have fun!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/04/2006 03:01AM by shep252.

Posted by: fruitgirl ()
Date: August 04, 2006 03:06AM

you could easily upgrade that chip and cracker thing
by making your own.

in the dehydrator or oven (if it goes down to 115) beets,
carrots, yams sliced really thin make great chips. try other
veggies too.....mushrooms or onions.

and you can blend about anything for crackers: veggies, fruit,
or nuts. check the recipe boards.

heck i just made some dog training cracker treats out of
leafy greens, carrots, almonds and dates. omg, she'll do
ANYTHING for one of those babies (and so will i. hehe).

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: August 04, 2006 10:35AM

-Sure. The above ideas are great. Identify those things in your diet that YOU think have the most calories.....and are not as good....and make plans and small goals (with timetables) to switch them out for other things that you determine to be higher-nutrient and lower-calorie.

-Initially, I found that maintaining a high greens, high-vegetable, high-fiber diet was more condusive to losing weight. Make sure to eat SOME - but controlled levels of fat with every meal. Drink plenty of water when you are not eating. Find yourself a raw (or MORE raw) snack that DOES satisfy you....and help to fill you up. While I was transitioning....I would always eat huge bags of hot-air popped popcorn! smiling smiley

-Hope this is helpful.

-David Mason

Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: August 04, 2006 02:45PM

I'm 5'2" and I weighed about 130 when I first started this diet and now I'm 120 - I didn't do 100% raw except occasional days here and there - just mostly raw, and I lost weight. It took me like 2 or 3 months to lose 10 pounds though so try not to focus on the weight loss, because it will just frustrate you - that's pretty slow weight loss, imo.

Posted by: Jen Rose ()
Date: August 04, 2006 05:11PM

Yeah, when I was transitioning I was craving plain popcorn ALOT as well...it really helped and didn't mess with my digestive system. Highly recommend it to replace chips.

Jen Rose

"You must first unlearn the lies, and then you will have room for the truth"

Posted by: gadjoemi ()
Date: August 05, 2006 08:02AM

I have been 70-80 % raw and haven't lost a kilo!!!
I would like to know some good tips too ;-(

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables