Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Peanuts.... I did it again. =(
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 05, 2009 10:02PM

I bought a tub of peanuts and within a matter of hours, I finished the entire thing of 500grams. =(

I hope I don't become sick later tonight... that's why I'm trying to exercise it off. I'm also going to become very fat if I do this more often.

I warned myself about this before over and over, but I thought the fact that they were in a tub (and not just a plastic package) that would convince me to leave them alone. I guess I'm just too irresponsible to deal with peanuts being there and opened at all. sad smiley

They're different and hugely more addictive than in the wild because they don't have the big fibrous shells on them and secondly, because of the salt taste!!!!! Unfortunately I stupidly got ones with salt added to them again.

When will I ever learn?! I'll have to make an A4 banner or something and put: "No peanuts, except once a week and in a bag of 50g, maybe 100g at the very most."

I should also mention that I'm very worried about my teeth lately and have to wait until the 16th for my dentist to come back from holiday to see me. So I'm trying to keep off too much acidy/sugary fruit and trying to take other things instead.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/05/2009 10:05PM by SuperInfinity.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Peanuts.... I did it again. =(
Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: August 05, 2009 10:27PM

I think fat causes more problems for teeth than fruit, considering fruit is our natural diet and bagged peanuts are not.

I would not buy peanuts at all. Don't feel bad about yourself. Many of us have these things we don't "let" ourselves buy. I took months to get the (raw) chocolate out of my diet.

Posted by: kleinphi ()
Date: August 05, 2009 11:25PM

To overcome a salt addiction, you could try eating half an avocado with dulse every day for a few days and then switching to half an avocado with lemon. I have been doing this, and I eat thin slices of the entire lemon including the rind, but only the soft part of the avocado (no peel or pit).

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: August 06, 2009 09:08PM

Is there anything about the peanuts nutritionally which you may be craving? They seem to be a particular weakness for you, and maybe your body just sees them as a quick easy source of boron, or zinc, or whatever, that you could replace with something not binge-inducing.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables