Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Juicing vs smoothies
Posted by: Molli ()
Date: August 05, 2009 11:46PM

From my very limited knowledge of the raw diet, I'm reading that juicing is not a bad thing -- that it helps us really pack in the nutrients from some veggies and fruits. That there is just no way we could get all the nutrients from drinking 12-24 ozs of juice as compared to trying to eat all the food in its natural state. I've also read that a really good way to get started in the morning is to drink a green juice drink. One last thing I've been reading is that the best fluid for our body is the juice we can get from fruits and veggies, as opposed to just water.

But I'm reading a lot on the boards about smoothies.

So I'm wondering, do some of you juice and drink smoothies at different times of the day. I bought a juicer a couple of years ago and NEVER used it until I decided go to raw 4 days ago! Now I absolutely love juicing! Oh I do eat fresh fruits and veggies, but I've been make a large green juice (with some fruits also) first thing every morning.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Juicing vs smoothies
Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: August 06, 2009 12:00AM

Most of my diet is juice and whole foods. I like to juice for my nutrients and eat fresh whole (as is) raw food for my fiber. Everyone is different so keep experimenting to get the right fit for you. smiling smiley

Posted by: juicerkatz ()
Date: August 06, 2009 12:26AM

I do both. Smoothies are easier/faster to make, but juices are more easily assimilated into the bloodstream since it is pulp free (mostly)

I enjoy both at different time. To me, a smoothie is like a healthy milkshake, a treat!

Posted by: debbietook ()
Date: August 07, 2009 05:27AM

Hi Molli

I have juice every morning, and usually have a smoothie at some point in the day.

Pro's and cons of juicing:

[debbietookrawforlife.blogspot.com]

Pro's and cons of blending:

[debbietookrawforlife.blogspot.com]

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: August 07, 2009 09:59AM

debbietook Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have juice every morning, and usually have a
> smoothie at some point in the day.
Yes, but you have other food too, don't you?
Maybe it would be possible to live on just that.....WY

Posted by: debbietook ()
Date: August 07, 2009 05:47PM

Yes I do have other food :-)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables