Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Question about exercise in the am
Posted by: Molli ()
Date: August 06, 2009 06:44PM

I have been drinking my green juiced drink first thing in the morning. If I want to work out right when I wake up, should I drink the green drink before I work out or work out on an empty stomach? Should I take it to the gym with me and drink it as my fluid while working out? I don't want to make myself sick when I'm working out. Not sure if I should feed my body with this green drink before I work out or not!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Question about exercise in the am
Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: August 06, 2009 07:20PM

Molli,

Maybe try experimenting with a few different options and see what works best for you.

For me, I do yoga in the morning always on an empty stomach, but for strenous exercise, I eat fruit maybe 1/2 hour or 1 hour before. My understanding is that energy comes mostly from glucose, which is converted from fruit sugars contained in abundance in fruit.

Also, fruit is a wonderful breakfast (break - fast) for washing out accumulated body wastes from the day before.

Anyway, that's what works well for me. You may find that something else works better! smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/2009 07:22PM by suncloud.

Re: Question about exercise in the am
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: August 07, 2009 02:16PM

i agree , eat a bit of sweet fruit for the fruit sugars and carbs for energy ... follow up your workout with the green smoothie , it will help repair your muscles afterwards smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables