Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

New to Raw; stomach acid problem
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 04, 2006 06:22AM

Hi everyone!

I am just starting to convert my family to a raw diet and my head is fairly spinning with all the new information.

Has anyone out there had a problem with abdominal pains from too much stomach acid? If so, are there any raw foods that specifically help/hurt this condition? (This is a pre-existing condition, not caused by converting to raw.)

Also, any encouragement in starting this new way of eating would be much appreciated. I am struggling a bit in getting us going.

Thank you in advance.

Rose

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: New to Raw; stomach acid problem
Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: August 04, 2006 02:47PM

Could you give more info pls?

-Is this gastrointestinal reflux or something else?

-When do you experience symptoms? (after eating certain foods? drinking?)

Date: August 04, 2006 05:32PM

This is my daughter's stomach problem. She is nine years old and was diagnosed with acid reflux about a year ago. Lately she has been having a lot of pain through the day. It's worse at night (I think because her mind is focused on it). It doesn't seem to be related to anything in particular that she eats.

I've taken her to two more doctors in the last month and they say it's "just" a lot of acid in her stomach. They've given her some Zantac which has not been consistently effective. The second doctor gave me a prescription for Prilosec but I lost the paper and never got it filled. I started reading nutrition books a few weeks ago and they all point to raw foods as being the best thing for this condition.

So, here I am. Her condition doesn't surprise me since my late husband had serious acid reflux. I just want to try to avoid the medicine merry-go-round with my daughter.

Posted by: shep252 ()
Date: August 04, 2006 08:25PM

Here is my story.... I had severe acid reflux and heartburn. I have been raw for a month now. I am 85-90% raw. I do not have acid reflux anymore and no more heartburn! Raw works, I'm telling ya! I couldn't believe how fast I healed and was surprised because I thought I would live with the terrible pain forever! I just learned how to properly combine foods because some foods digest faster (such as citrus fruits) then I eat a banana or a heavy fruit after I'm done eating an orange for example. Then I eat a salad with some fats such as avocado. I am feeling a lot better, and I'm sure your daughter will have the same results! Just keep learning and you will succeed. At first I was dazed and confused, but just do research, and you will learn how to go about this journey! Blessings!

Date: August 05, 2006 03:43AM

Thank you Shep252 for your story. This was a great encouragement to my daughter, and to me!!

Posted by: shep252 ()
Date: August 05, 2006 03:49PM

You are welcome!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables