Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Low carb is stupid.
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 08, 2009 10:20PM

I'm so sick of looking at so-called "paleo" sites that talk about "low carb" nonsense.

Paleo man did not count his "carbs"!

Paleo man ate fruit when it was available! Fruit is the food of choice for virtually all primates! They only go for other foods when food is scarce! Humans are even less carnivorous than the other apes, we don't have impressive canines or great speed. We're slow and laboursome. We don't get primeval instincts to kill animals like we get instincts to have sex or eat etc. It doesn't matter if we repress the sex instinct, we're still obsessed with it... not like killing other creatures in any way whatsoever!!!

There's a book called "Man The Hunted", it retracts nearly everything said in "Man The Hunter", a book from about the 1960s where they had very little information to go on and assumed man hunted a lot.

The other great apes (apart from humans) eat 60-90%+ of FRUIT! They hunt monkeys and fish *occasionally* so they'll know how it works when times get tough. This is why chimpanzees have been seen *actually throwing away monkey meat* after capturing it in favour of fruit. We're humans, we don't need that ability to prevent starving.

It's true that people lose weight on low carb diets. It's true that they keep it off. It's not because they're restricting carbs though, IT'S BECAUSE THEY'RE NOT EATING FRENCH FRIES AND CANS OF SODA AND BISCUITS AND CHEESECAKE AND CRISPS AND ICE-CREAM ETC. ETC. ETC. It's so obvious what's happening it's a joke!

Some people seem to have a borderline deranged fear of sugar. Sugar is a great thing, if you eat a lot of protein, the body automatically converts over half of it to sugar anyway!!!

I just had to vent about that. I hate how they've hijacked the term "paleo" to make it seem like paleo man ate low carb when he did NOT and rarely had animal protein if at all.

They are such fools for talking about paleo man and then doing the EXACT BLOODY OPPOSITE of what paleo man would EVER do by eating animal protein and avoiding fruits!!!! It's the EXACT OPPOSITE. Again, their alleged "improvement" will be down to keeping off processed foods. We do have a slight capacity for being omnivorous after all.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Low carb is stupid.
Posted by: rufio ()
Date: August 08, 2009 11:20PM

What do you say to people who tell you eating too much fruit will make you fat? They say your body converts excess sugar to fat if you don't burn it all off through exercise. I often get this a lot when I tell people how much fruit I eat and they say they cannot eat that much fruit because it will make them gain weight. I don't care enough to reason with them because I've never had any problems.

Date: August 08, 2009 11:37PM

rufio Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What do you say to people who tell you eating too
> much fruit will make you fat? They say your body
> converts excess sugar to fat if you don't burn it
> all off through exercise. I often get this a lot
> when I tell people how much fruit I eat and they
> say they cannot eat that much fruit because it
> will make them gain weight. I don't care enough to
> reason with them because I've never had any
> problems.

Tell them you eat a huge load of fruit every single day and look how thin you are. Get in their faces. Give out to them.

Failing that just don't bother with them anymore. But what they believe is sooooooo wrong.

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: August 09, 2009 01:48AM

Just as an aside, fruit is a very power-loaded food, and consuming it may actually trigger an acute response leading to temporary weight gain, gas pains, flatulence, diarrhea, and any number of other problems - when the system is overloaded with meat and highly processed food!

I think this may help to explain why some people can be so resistant to eating more fruit. Others may have additional reasons that they feel are perfectly legitimate. There are even some raw fooders who believe that fruit consumption should be severely limited. I don't believe that would work for me. But maybe it works for them, at least for now. Anyway, we're all lacking in knowledge, since there's so much out there to know! And we'll all learn more, given due time (thank goodness)!

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: August 09, 2009 02:16PM

I think the main problem is that most people eat fruit with their cooked meal -- with carbs and/or protein -- and then experience intestinal discomfort, lack of energy, blood sugar fluctuations and/or and weight gain as a result, and blame it on fruit. I often tell my friends about the trick of eating fruit by itself before a meal or long afterwards, and clearly it's something they've never heard of. Most just think I'm kind of wacky! ;-p It kind of amazes me that something as great as food combining hasn't caught on at all in the general population.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Lara_Hastings ()
Date: August 12, 2009 08:51AM

"Man the Hunted" seems like a very interesting book, something that really would bring up discussion at the bar table tongue sticking out smiley
This is the turn around evidence we need, I'm so sick and tired of people talking about man in the beginning was a predator, a barbarian who ate only meat!

Agree that low carb is stupid.
By the way I'm laughing at the advertisement I'm having here below, first one says: "Buy Beef Jerky in Finland" and the second advertisement says: "Your Body Can Heal Itself. Raw living foods heal naturally."

Aah, the irony ^^

Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: August 12, 2009 01:51PM

I have tried low carb eating,but it always involved alot of meat and dairy,which I dont eat anymore.

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: August 12, 2009 02:21PM

Has anyone tried a 100% meat and dairy diet ? If so did you encounter any bowel problems because of the fiberless diet ?

Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: August 12, 2009 07:21PM

I didnt have bowel problems,but felt kinda sluggish all the time,and I believe it kicked off a 7 week attack of gout.
I would never go back to eating that way.

Vinny

Posted by: Hellokitty ()
Date: August 13, 2009 01:16PM

I have descoved that people do really blame fruit for being the cause of thire diahrea. I find this strongly on the IBD lines. I have told people that I eat fruit all moring and sometimes all day till dinner. They dont beleive me. They are so scard of that amount of fruit. I agree Low carb is stupid you need carbs in your deit or your body will not make glucose- I would never to atkins, actully I would die if I eat atkins.

Ive already eaten whole melon, punnet of blueberries, and 6 bananas. I will have a bag of cherries later.

Date: August 13, 2009 02:28PM

Brilliant. smiling smiley

This is much of the reason why people overeat other foods as well, we're meant to be eating a lot and passing it through our system. Then people wonder why they're getting fat and in bad health!!! tongue sticking out smiley It's ridiculous!!! Just maybe after eating so much fruit you should use some mouthwash once or twice or maybe more... I know it's not the nicest thing but it's the one real "patch" you have to make when you eat lots of fruit.

The medical profession says things like your faeces has to be such and such a consistency and you could go once a day (or two or three days!) like that and it should always be a certain color... The medical profession has no clue what it's talking about and is just going based on what it would look like from refined foods and milk etc.!!!!

Hellokitty Wrote:
> I have descoved that people do really blame fruit
> for being the cause of thire diahrea. I find this
> strongly on the IBD lines. I have told people that
> I eat fruit all moring and sometimes all day till
> dinner. They dont beleive me. They are so scard of
> that amount of fruit. I agree Low carb is stupid
> you need carbs in your deit or your body will not
> make glucose- I would never to atkins, actully I
> would die if I eat atkins.
>
>
> Ive already eaten whole melon, punnet of
> blueberries, and 6 bananas. I will have a bag of
> cherries later.

Posted by: pborst ()
Date: August 13, 2009 03:03PM

Diahrea has less to do with the nature of the food your are eating than the condition of your colon. Babies get diaper rash following ear infections because the antibiotics they take kill the good bacteria in the colon. The treatment is usually probiotics in the form of yogurt. But good vegan alternatives are available. Generally speaking fruit or any other food isn't likely to give you diahrea. Rather it's doing something to yourself to harm the microflora in your colon that will do the trick. I had someone object to my eating pineapple under the assumption it would give me too loose stools. never experienced that because I don't eat just pineapple. When I need a vegan alternative for probiotics, nothing in the literature or my experience has worked as well as a product by Nature's Way called "Reteuri" named for the german doctor that discovered it. Primadopholous (sp?) Returi is the strain. Best.

Paul

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: August 13, 2009 10:40PM

Superinfinity why the mouthwash? i dont understand when you mean its a needed patch? smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: August 13, 2009 11:36PM

Jgunn Wrote:
> Superinfinity why the mouthwash? i dont understand
> when you mean its a needed patch? smiling smiley

Because otherwise my teeth will all fall apart. I already had one extracted and very extensive work done on them, there are a few barely being held together.

I need the mouthwash, it's either that or washing them two-three times a day. The days when I would just wash my teeth at night and leave sugary fruit in my mouth all day long are long gone unfortunately.

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: August 13, 2009 11:53PM

For anyonw who might be interested, salt and water with splash of tea tree oil is a great mouthwash (IMO).

Posted by: morgenjune ()
Date: August 14, 2009 01:15AM

I have to say if you havnt read 80/10/10 by Doug Graham you should, im not even done reading it but its freaking great! A total eye opener and goes along with what this thread is all about.

nomnomnomnom...!

Posted by: OkunDeji ()
Date: August 14, 2009 03:01AM

Of course high fruit and greens is the optimal live-it, I totally agree. Low carb is stupid for people who are already healthy, however if one has had problems, like me, with high fruit, what do you suggest I do, just go along with everybody to fit in? I don't appreciate being called stupid because I make the choice not to!
No, some of us need to heal and healing, temporarily, involves a low glycemic, low carb live-it, to help the liver process the damage already caused to the body from years of eating crap.
I agree Paleo man would never have had these issues cause they never had fast junk food. Only Modern man has to deal with these things. So give us a break, people have died from dogma, accept people where they are at and do what you need to do for yourself.
I recently posted some struggles I have been having and with just a couple of weeks of low carb, my energy has gone up, I am sleeping better, I am less moody,and I have been able to restart regular exercise. This is not a lifetime stance, just where I need to be today.
I just had to add my two cents.

Date: August 14, 2009 03:13AM

Okay, I'm sorry if I caused offence to people like you. I didn't mean people who have the dreaded "metabolic syndrome" and things like that, people who may do well on a lower carb diet. What gets me is the people who go around saying that paleo man ate LOW CARB!!!! If a person goes to search paleo diets, that's the impression they'll get, and nothing could be furthur from the truth. I didn't mean people who are genuinely doing bad on carbs because of previous build-up of insulin hypersensitivity, I meant people who are following these sites. It's people who have had problems with their weight who are invariably the loudest and the main source of the low-carb pushing. Due to the amount of people who say it though and their "passion", after a long time I've come to accept that maybe some people actually do do well on lowish carb diets... at least until their sydrome is reversed or reversed as much as possible.

OkunDeji Wrote:
> Of course high fruit and greens is the optimal
> live-it, I totally agree. Low carb is stupid for
> people who are already healthy, however if one has
> had problems, like me, with high fruit, what do
> you suggest I do, just go along with everybody to
> fit in? I don't appreciate being called stupid
> because I make the choice not to!
> No, some of us need to heal and healing,
> temporarily, involves a low glycemic, low carb
> live-it, to help the liver process the damage
> already caused to the body from years of eating
> crap.
> I agree Paleo man would never have had these
> issues cause they never had fast junk food. Only
> Modern man has to deal with these things. So give
> us a break, people have died from dogma, accept
> people where they are at and do what you need to
> do for yourself.
> I recently posted some struggles I have been
> having and with just a couple of weeks of low
> carb, my energy has gone up, I am sleeping better,
> I am less moody,and I have been able to restart
> regular exercise. This is not a lifetime stance,
> just where I need to be today.
> I just had to add my two cents.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: August 14, 2009 12:55PM

SuperInfinity,

Look, I think anyone who knows anything about human biochemistry knows that if ancient man ate a protein based diet, none of us or our accessories, like computers and cars and clothes and buildings would be here, because we'd have died off or been killed off by a larger carnivore competing with us for food. What I find more offensive is people like Paul Chek, many of whose ideas I appreciate, boasting that he could have any vegetarian back to eating meat in no time. Riiiight.

Incidentally, why can you not or why do you not brush your teeth(or clean them otherwise) more than once a day? It seems to me a good idea to cleanse often, but gently, when consuming a lot of acids.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables