Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Okay, I was checking this out
Posted by: Cappadocius ()
Date: August 11, 2009 11:03AM

I was reading the DRV for our vitamins and fats, and I am kind of confused. Ive heard more or less from a few people here that my intake needs to be about 6.5lbs of fruit a day, 2lbs of greens, 1lb other veggie, and about 1/4 nuts/seeds.
Now according to the DRV chart, it doesnt seem like I would get all my DRV of reccomended vitamins other than C, even if I did adhere to the proportions above. Is there a seperate site that deals with the different DRVs in seeds nuts or greens? Im not even which fruit to go with. I just plain afford to buy a new book, Im being divorced and sleeping on my parents couch right now, and Im just trying to get this figured out.
Also, David Wolfe? Is this guy a con man selling infomercials, or is he someone who knows his stuff. I only ask cause Ive never heard anything about until recently here.What about the whole 80/10/10 ratio? Is this something that is generally agreed on?
I am going through this terrible family situation, this diet and my jobs are the only things I can focus on now. Ive got to get this planned, cause Ive got to work hard mentally, and I still have a workout I preform each evening, and I still have my rugrats here with me at my parents every other night.
Once again, I weigh between 145 and 160. I was in good health before this all started, now im just getting the depression. Im not overweight or underweight. I am more or less broke.
Are there any good websites that I can actually trust to find good info on that arent going to want me to pay to read the stuff? I mean, I respect everyones support so far, and I appreciate that you have all been empathetic and for those who have said maybe this isnt the best time to make this change, I HAVE to. I need as many things to occupy as much of my time as possible.
I think I have my source for my greens pretty well managed, at least within the next month. I have used stuff my dad has laying around and Im gonna make a hoop tent for growing a few different kinds of greens. Ive selected a red loose leaf lettuce, a spinach, a arugula, and a pepper cress. Im also going to be doing some sprouting trays. In the hoop tent, its gonna be more of a cylinder. Im gonna grow vertically at a angel to I can maximize the space, because if Im having to consume 2lbs of greens each day, and since Ive been told that we MUST have variety, its gonna take a little space up here, and its gonna be kinda tough not having any extra $ for this one. And in the meantime Im gonna buy the bagged spinach and forage this place for dandelions, which are EVERYwhere out here.
So now I return again to the begining of the post, and hopefully some of you wonderful people can help me out a little bit more

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/11/2009 11:14AM by Cappadocius.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Okay, I was checking this out
Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: August 11, 2009 12:33PM

I meet my daily values usually (except maybe I'll get like 85% calcium [but they don't count the calcium in plain water on that site nor vitamin d from the sun, etc] or maybe less on selenium but it gets made up the next day). That said, those values are for typically unhealthy people who have poor diets and poor absorpability, so the numbers are inflated. Go by how you feel.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/11/2009 12:34PM by Utopian Life.

Posted by: kleinphi ()
Date: August 11, 2009 12:53PM

I first went 100% raw right after my wife had left me. To this day I believe that one of the main reasons I was able to follow through with it was that I felt so bad from the situation that any detox symptoms didn't really matter much at the time. I wasn't even worried about calories, vitamins, etc. I went more by the premise that what mainstream scientists preach, obviously leads to less than desirable results, so why not try the obvious: Eat what a primate in the wild might eat (mainly raw fruit) and do all the calculations regarding nutrients that a primate in the wild would probably do: none.

Depending on your situation, what most people would call depression could take a few weeks or even months to get better. A combination of lots of bananas and lots of oranges has always helped me lift my spirits. (Probably because of all the B vitamins, but does it really matter exactly what substances within the food cause it?)

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: August 11, 2009 04:03PM

I have been all fresh raw for just over two years and never counted or measured my food. I know that whatever nutrients my raw diet provides its going to be a lot more nutrients then I would get eating dead food. To assure yourself of this fact just look into the damage cooking causes in the food and then you'll know too.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables