Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Some questions
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 05, 2006 02:14AM

Curious about this raw food business, so I thought I could ask you lovely folks some questions.

1. I have Crohn's Disease and have had a surgery. I have been avoiding all nuts and seeds. Is it possible to do a raw food diet while avoiding these things (as well as the skins of all fruits and veggies)? Any tips on what to do instead (like juicing, but how much a day)?

2. Does soaking nuts make it easier to digest? And is it okay to crush them up or to make a butter out of them (no added ingredients though).

3. What vitamins can you take (if any) as supplements?

Thanks all for the advice~

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Some questions
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: August 05, 2006 09:09PM

Opinion:

1) If you are comfortable - yes. You should be able to get fat from other sources (avocadoes). And yes, you could certainly peel your fruits and vegetables if you wish. The foods you eat should certainly have the vitality........nutrients and protein that you need to thrive. As to whether you are comfortable? That you will have to decide. Your comfort and feelings of success are paramount.

2) Yes. You certainly can crush them and make a paste. I have not had too much luck with this - but it is certainly do-able!

3) If you are worried, I would say to eat an extremely WIDE variety of fruits and vegetables. Take a chewable multivitamin and a b-12 supplement......or whatever supplements YOU have researched to be effective....if you are worried.

-Certainly all folks are different. After several years of eating raw...I could not tolerate supplements...and they just made me ill...so I stopped taking them. Just my experiences.

-Health to you.

-David Mason

Date: August 06, 2006 02:14AM

Suppliments with lots of fillers in them don't make me feel so well either.

Watch out for Magnesium Sterate, rice flour and gelatin (could be from an animal source) among others.

The best B12 suppliment is from Pure Encapsulations.

IMO, the best suppliment is Pure Synergy.

Good luck. smiling smiley

Posted by: chilove ()
Date: August 06, 2006 03:41AM

Hi there,

You must, must, must get in contact with Dave Klein, he literally wrote the book on healing digestive problems with the raw vegan diet, It's called "Self Healing Colitis & Crohn's" You can order it at [www.livingnutrition.com] and I think you can email him from that website too.

All the best,

Audrey
www.rawhealing.com

Posted by: jan ()
Date: August 06, 2006 11:41AM

Jordan Rubin also has Crohns or should I say "had"...
anyway he has a series of books on this subject. His first book is Patient heal thyself. His books are good but he has a line of products that are VERY expensive.
But never the less check out his books and maybe his journey can help to lead you on a healing path. His recovery is quite remarkable! Check out his pictures. You can probably find his books on ebay.
Atually I just checked & you can pick them up for little to nothing. Keep coming back to this forum and combine advice from many places and you will find what's right for you. I'm sending many prayers and healing love your way........
Blessings
Jan

Date: August 12, 2006 02:32AM

Thank you all for your help.

I will keep everything you have said in mind smiling smiley.

and jan ...

there is no need to pray for me. I would prefer you use your energy to pray for those who are not aware and cannot help themselves. I am more than capable of doing so, and learning to by learning and growing more everyday. Thank you for your concern though.

Posted by: innervegetable ()
Date: August 12, 2006 04:11AM

The books mentioned are exeptional!

1) Drink as much juice as your body can enjoy! Fresh, raw juice will "re-educate" your body on how to digest whole foods and fiber! Try a small shot of lemon juice or apple cider vinegar before a meal, this will boost HCL acid levels and help with digestion (consult your physician first) Other sources of fat could be: avocado and oil, coconut and oil, and olives and oil.

2) yes, it does! Soaking or sprouting nuetralizes enzyme inhibitors and is said to improve the digestion of nuts and seeds.

3)vitamin b-12 is good to look at, and VITAMIN C you cant get enough of, it is soooooooooo goooood 4 u!!! i recomend camu camu berry vitamin c (whole food supplement)

Posted by: meinleben ()
Date: August 13, 2006 12:19AM

narz
did you know that pure synergy is not raw...i believe i read it on D Wolfe site under that product...there is a small blurb at the very bottorm of the description section....was not sure if you were a purist....
be well...

Date: August 13, 2006 01:04AM

I heard not all of the herbs are not raw. It doesn't bother me.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables