Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Travelling fruit threatens the climate.
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 13, 2009 04:08AM

[www.treehugger.com] image 10 but check them all out and watch the vids too, very cool and funny too! winking smiley

You know what? I think I'm going to give up tropical foods and just eat what grows locally as much as possible. I don't NEED to eat pineapple, what the heck?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Travelling fruit threatens the climate.
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: August 13, 2009 01:34PM

Ah, those Germans, so uninhibited today! That was neat, thanks. Don't think I could live without bananas(or pineapple) and don't think I could live happily year round in a place where they grow. It's a problem . . .

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: August 13, 2009 07:20PM

Hi Tamukha,

I'm just wondering - why don't you think you could live happily year round in a place where pineapples and bananas grow? Not that I'm going to try to talk you into moving or anything, but I'm just curious. Is it because you would miss the snow?

Date: August 13, 2009 09:51PM

bugs. i don't like tropical bugs. and dysentry. that one is a big fat drag too.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: August 14, 2009 12:02AM

suncloud,

Yes, I'd miss snow, but also Fall is my favorite season by about 5,000 miles : )

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: August 14, 2009 12:27AM

Tamukha,

Fall is nice. I like the wind in fall. Something mysterious, but comforting about it.

Date: August 14, 2009 12:47PM

i could live without tropical foods. i think i am going to try it. the idea of being a locavore is very appealing to me, especially in the summer when i am surrounded by gorgeous produce grown right here.
i think the ideal is to go to a warmer climate in the winter time and eat what grows there winking smiley i'm working on making that happen, i really am. though people flying around is just as bad as fruit flying around so we might end up somewhere we can take the train or bus or catch a ride. know what i'd love the best? my very own solar powered house on wheels. dude, that would RAWK!

Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: August 14, 2009 01:08PM

LMAO!!! Living without tropical foods -- that's a tough one. We try to not buy them, but we do take the culled tropical freebies that would otherwise get tossed at the co-op where my partner works. We want a solar powered house on wheels too -- one of our dreams! We actually looked at an old ambulance for sale yesterday that this old guy had turned into a camper. It would be our farmer's market ride, and we'd paint a big rainbow on it (for Rainbow Harvest Farms). It's diesel, too!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables