Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

out to sea I go with 100% raw my goal!
Posted by: morgenjune ()
Date: August 16, 2009 01:30AM

I work on a cutter as the cook for 10 other peeps(non veg friendly). We go out to sea tomorrow morning till... Im hoping friday. My goal is to eat 100% raw and as 80/10/10 as possible! Im really excited and believe I can do it, The hardest part is going to be staying away from salsa and guac and potatoes, I get really snacky underway smiling smiley

Im vegan and am used to every one making the usual comments but wonder what they will be saying now and how that will affect me since I cant really tell them off and walk away. I guess I shall find out. Wish me luck!

nomnomnomnom...!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: out to sea I go with 100% raw my goal!
Posted by: Trive ()
Date: August 16, 2009 01:39AM

Absolutely! Best wishes for a fun and fabulous sail. As to handling comments, I like to imagine as many possible replies as I can for a given comment so that the next time it happens I am prepared! I am the type that usually can't think well on my feet, but come up with a great line later. I think it's good to assume that people have good intentions, but don't know how to express their curiosity. If you can think of a way to use humor, especially if you can laugh at yourself, it can ease tension. Have fun!

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: August 16, 2009 02:42AM

morgenjune

Im vegan and am used to every one making the usual comments but wonder what they will be saying now

Don't say anything. Just show them a plate like the one in the picture and that says it all. How could anyone not like that ?

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: August 16, 2009 03:42AM

hi moregenjune

are u saying that u will have to stay away from salsa and guac cuz the avocado and tomatoes are perishable? as far as i know, salsa and guac are raw. why would u want to stay away from them? but then you put them in the same category as potatoes which are usually cooked which then confused me.

then how will u stay 100% raw since all fruits and veggies and nuts are perishable as well?

i think i misunderstood something in your post

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: August 16, 2009 02:54PM

morgenjune,

Have fun at sea, and good luck staying raw--make your own raw salsa and guac if you can so you don't feel so put upon. Underripe avos and tomatoes should last you all week.

[la_veronique: I'm guessing because of the perishableness of avos and tomatoes, the salsa and guac on board will be of the commercial bottled kinds]

Date: August 18, 2009 11:40PM

Hey just checking in. We pulled back into port today and are going back out tomorrow till sunday? But....! Today is day four 100% raw! yesssss smiling smiley

My comment about the salsa and quac is because I purchase premade ones for the crew. We have very little space for fresh produce and I don't mind waiting till I get home to make my own. Its just the easy access to the ones for the guys thats tempting. To be honest I really haven't had any cravings, except for more fruit smiling smiley

And the crew hasn't even noticed the change in my diet. But they have been enjoying my fruit salads I put out for them in the morning as an option to their bacon/pancakes/eggs. So much that I need to buy more tomorrow morning. I guess its a good thing. Thanks for all the support!

nomnomnomnom...!

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: August 18, 2009 11:42PM

on your next trip why dont you make em raw salsa an guac smiling smiley very easy ! and way more tastier smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: August 24, 2009 02:55AM

Alright! Im back and happy to be home. The good news is that I am on day 9 of 100% raw! Sipping on a yummy watermenlon and blackberry smoothie winking smiley Tomorrow I think I will have some coffee, yes that sounds good! Haven't have a cup of joe in... three weeks? Thanks for all your support!

One more thing. The biggest change I noticed was that I was overall happy. I had a positive out look and thing just didnt get me down like they normally do! Pretty cool.

nomnomnomnom...!

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: August 24, 2009 09:46AM

morgenjune

oh okay, i see
congrats for your days on raw

and i think it is really refreshing for your crew that they get a choice of deeeelicious delectable sweet fresh fruit

i bet they really appreciate that

most people do no matter what their diet
everyone loves fruit

even if they are a dyed in the wool meat and potatoes kind of a guy
they like fruit
still

this has been my observation

plus

most people know that bacon and sausages and eggs are a perfect recipe for a heart attack

multiply that by the number of days at sea

and most people get the picture

so they must appreciate your fruits and salads that much more

KUDOS TO YOU!!!!!!!!

enjoyyy the ocean beeautiful

Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: August 24, 2009 03:26PM

Man I wish I was out on a boat.
And being raw is great.
I went on a cruise once and it was ANYTHING but raw.
People were eating huge steak meals at 3 am.
Thats what a cruise ship is....a big 24/7 floating restaraunt.

Vinny

Posted by: eecho ()
Date: August 24, 2009 04:25PM

Hi morgenjune, I'm going into the Navy (US) in a couple years and don't know if I could do 100% raw given the duration of sea time and lack of food storage space, but I plan to remain vegan and at least 75% raw. Good job!

Date: August 24, 2009 05:33PM

Hey eecho, guess what? Im in the Coast Guard! Yep, I have the advantage of being the cook, making the menu and purchasing all the food so I have an upper hand when it comes to being 100% raw vegan. You should have no trouble being vegan, Im on my forth year. All I can say is be prepared for a lot of people trying to force meat on you, sadly there has been at least one guy whos first words are "Ill be making you eat meat before your outa here". No joke. But I wish you the best of luck and If you have any questions about being vegan in the military dont be shy!

la_veronique~ Thanks! I hope they all appreciate it. The funny thing is two of the guys are on the 'fat boy' program, I cant wait to see how that goes smiling smiley Where am I going to store all this yummy produce to feed myself and them too?? But I does make me happy to see people recognize that I eat extremely well.

nomnomnomnom...!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables