Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Fell off the wagon...
Posted by: thenewguy ()
Date: August 17, 2009 01:35AM

Hi Everyone,

Just got back from a 5 day trip into the deep woods of the Adirondacks in NY. What a magical and beautiful place... tent camping next to the lake, canoeing, hiking, swimming and washing in the lake... ahhhh.

Anyway, I was with my ex-in-laws and two of my four children (as well as Meema, aka Great Grandma). I took a big box of veggies and fruits along with nuts and seeds for myself. The first day I felt like quite an outsider and also was thinking "Ugh. These poor people have no idea why they are sick all the time" I lasted about a day on my 75-90% raw diet, then 40-50% and then was lured back to the dark side. Most of my fruit and veggies were eaten by everyone, and I in turn ate their dead food.

Gotta say, it was almost and instant drop in stamina. The bloating returned as well as the lethargy after eating dead meat and other dead foods. I ate raw today except for a BBQ party this afternoon. Now I just feel tired and depressed.

Can't wait to get back on the wagon in the a.m.

See ya,
Bill

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fell off the wagon...
Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: August 17, 2009 01:59AM

Well, good thing for tomorrow. smiling smiley

Congratulations on your determination!

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: August 17, 2009 02:03AM

The wagon awaits you!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 17, 2009 03:05AM

What you just described happens all the time. It's as natural as the sunrise. If you put yourself in a position like that, it's bound to occur.

It's not about pulling out some massive level of "self-control", if you put yourself in a situation where it's going to hard to resist... it's going to have its dastardly way with you. Even if it hadn't and you just about held out, that would mean a lot of psychological strain and your enjoyment of your time wasted/attenuated by being obsessed with food.

So you were screwed either way from the outset by the way you planned for it. You have to take sufficient quantities with you, if they be commercial nuts or peanuts, dried fruit/veg, oils and other things not fresh, then so be it. It's worth it!! But have some fresh. Some people here are so determined they are almost militant about taking their food with them. tongue sticking out smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/17/2009 03:08AM by SuperInfinity.

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: August 17, 2009 03:14AM

Get a good nights sleep - tomorrow is a fresh new day.

Posted by: rawfoods ()
Date: August 17, 2009 03:53AM

Take it easy! Everybody makes mistakes. You have no idea how many people fall off the wagon but feel horrible and get right back on.

[www.healthyfoodrawdiet.com]

Posted by: juicerkatz ()
Date: August 17, 2009 11:20AM

Climb back on!

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: August 17, 2009 11:25AM

My "slips" have taught me one thing for sure: watch out for that first mis-step, its a hard fall and can be difficult to get back up !

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: August 17, 2009 11:55AM

Hey, Bill,

Laaa, a vacation in the Adirondacks . . . I was daydreaming about one yesterday afternoon--how weird! It sounds like you had a lovely time, and enjoyed everyone's company. As to the cooked food: That didn't kill you, but it did serve to remind you why you are living your life this way, which is an important lesson. Just try to do rawer next time : )

Posted by: The Fruit Faery ()
Date: August 17, 2009 03:32PM

At least your family got to eat extra fruit and veggies!
You learnt from the experience!
All good!

Posted by: thenewguy ()
Date: August 17, 2009 05:34PM

LOL! You guys/gals are the best!

Yes, I can't be a fanatic, or I get too caught up and fail every time. I'm just focusing on doing raw most of the time. Except for possibly the Mrs. Dash seasoning on my salad I've been 100% raw today.

So, except for those few days, I've been mostly raw for 18 days now smiling smiley

Thanks everyone!
Bill

Posted by: juicerkatz ()
Date: August 17, 2009 06:04PM

thenewguy,

You will learn not to make these "slip-ups" just as we all have, as you travel along this journey, simply by one thing; you noticed that when you are raw, you feel great. When you go back to eating a dead cooked meal, it lays in your stomach like a brick and you feel horrible for days afterward!

After doing that a few times, I learned my lesson! I know, BBQ, chili, and all that tastes going going down, but once it's in there, that's when the fun stops!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables