Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Are there any "Daylight Dieters" on here?
Posted by: juicerkatz ()
Date: August 21, 2009 09:24PM

I didn't want to hijack Hellokitty's thread, so I decided to start a new one with some questions that I have about the Daylight Diet. I watched this vid. that jodi posted;

[vodpod.com]

Katy Joy is a great interviewer, I like the questions that she asks Paul. This diet is very interesting to me. I would like to hear others' experiences on it, if anyone here has tried it.

It would be somewhat difficult for me to fit this into my schedule, however. Right now, I am working split-shift crazy hours, and I don't anticipate that changing anytime soon.

My schedule;

Sleep - 7am - 12 noon
Awake - 12 noon - 10 pm
Sleep - 10 pm - 2 am
Awake - 2 am - 7 am

How in the world could I make this Daylight Diet work on these insane hours, lol?

During that 2 am - 7 am shift, I am doing fairly physical activity, so I do feel the need to eat at that time. I suppose I could at least go light with the foods during that time, and maybe do a lot of my juices then.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Are there any "Daylight Dieters" on here?
Posted by: eecho ()
Date: August 21, 2009 10:20PM

Here.

I am not sure, you could perhaps eat at Noon and 5pm. Paul Nison advocates eating 2 meals a day if possible, which I do a lot of the time. I have to say, doing this makes me feel great. It is harder psychologically though. However I don't think of the Daylight Diet as a diet, its just a concept. "Don't eat after sunset because your metabolism as slowed down" pretty much sums everything up, haha.

I don't know when you could drink your juices, but drinking juice at night wouldn't be nearly as bad as eating. Now, I am at the point where eating only two meals is still hard psychologically, but eating at night just feels weird. There was a point where I was eating twice a day for about a month, at 9am and 3/4pm. During that time, eating at 5 or 6 instead of 3 felt like I was eating suuuuper late. A lot of it is just a routine, too.

Posted by: alicemago ()
Date: August 21, 2009 10:53PM

my experience is a lot like eecho's..also my comments..Eating at noon and 5 pm would maybe work for you..Actually, i just re read the original post. I think the sun comes up before 7 am at least at this time of year, so you could have a blended drink then,perhaps.. still think noon and 5 pm also could be possible.

I believe Paul says that eating two meals a day may be best, but i think that a third consumption of something..at another time ,especially if working hard, is do able..and perhaps preferable.

For me , one thing which is pretty important is digestion and the simplicity or digestabllity of the foods i eat.. If the food is simple, simple combinations , etc.,it passes through the digestive processes easily, and in about 4-5 hours.
I often schedule 'eats' at 4-5 hour intervals..

Two larger meals is good. I still think that a drink or a simple food at one other time is permitted, and perhaps preferred, especially when hard labour is involved.

My "best" daylight diet schedule is
arising: lemon juice and water.
mid morning..green smoothie ( banana,greens,orange,apple,other fruit in season )
mid afternoon.. vegetables ( grated) in salad or wrap and avocado

that is it until the next morning.

alice

Posted by: juicerkatz ()
Date: August 21, 2009 11:56PM

How long have each of you been doing the Daylight diet?

Posted by: alicemago ()
Date: August 22, 2009 12:17AM

about 4 months, i would think..on a consistent basis.

But i have been interested in diet and health for many years ( like about 38) and have done this whenever possible over the years.
But never made a point of "insisting that it be that way" inspite of social and work concerns..Because it is not simple to make your life revolve around it..
But it sure is worth it when and if you can, i have found.

Through the years, i usually have suffered, however,by eating at nights...
... by not being able to wake up well in the morning due to digestive problems through the night ( due to eating in the evenings )..

waking up and clarity of thought seem better..much better..especially waking up..
when i adhere to the.
daylight diet.

It is summer , however.. I wonder if it will be more difficult when the days are shorter(mainly because i like to leave at least five hours between meals..with one liquid meal..during daylight hours.

alice

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables