Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Getting a Sore Throat....
Posted by: Amarynth ()
Date: August 23, 2009 02:25AM

I have been working lots of extra hours and have been just..really stressed and busy. It's time for the kids to go back to school, I think. Anyhoo..I'm feeling kind of worn down tonight. I'm thinking that the 14 hour workday and the fact that I only managed about 2 hours sleep last night (I had a REALLY bad dream-unusual for me. I mostly dream about romance and sex smiling smiley ) is a contributing factor to my exhaustion.

However, my throat is sore, you know..that thick, irritating feeling at the back of your throat when you're getting a cold? I'm feeling a little congested and just...blah. Does anything think this could be detox or an actual cold?

What do you think...definitely more rest, yes?

Thanks and have a great weekend!
BB
Devon smiling smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Getting a Sore Throat....
Posted by: juicerkatz ()
Date: August 23, 2009 02:34AM

Rest - Yes. And for sore throat, I usually gargle a lot with lemon juice/sea salt. That seems to help me.

Posted by: Amarynth ()
Date: August 23, 2009 03:46PM

Thanks! I tried the lemon juice and sea salt and plan on doing it for a couple of days, see how it works. I don't have time for a cold! smiling smiley

My mother used to make me gargle with warm water and salt (but not sea salt) when I was a kid, but I had never heard of the lemon juice.

Thanks and BB
Devon smiling smiley

PS-And I just wanted to say, this community is wonderful. I've not found any other raw foodists in my area, although there is a girl at work who is a vegan and she directed me to a website that she found...so at least she is understanding. smiling smiley

I may not post much but that does not mean I am not learning a great deal. I love reading all the informational posts and all of you are so wonderfully accommodating and helpful. It's truly a joy being here.

Thank you once again!

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: August 23, 2009 03:52PM

rest and water,

call in sick smiling smiley

and nice to have you here Amarynth smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: August 23, 2009 05:17PM

I get a sore throat when i get really tired. I know it can be really tough but try and get lots of sleep.

Posted by: plainlydressed ()
Date: August 23, 2009 05:30PM

I would start JUICING large amounts of Carrots, Apples, Celery, and Greens if you can. Juiced Grapes are also good for colds. Throw in any citrus that you would like. Juicing will usually blow a cold or virus right out of you pretty quick. Also drinking copious amounts of water will help - to the tune of 3-4 quarts daily. Feel better!! =)

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
—Thomas Jefferson

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: August 23, 2009 05:40PM

Every time I have "slipped" and started eating some non-raw food one of the first problems I encounter is my tonsils become uncomfortable. When I get back on the all fresh raw path the tonsils become comfortable again.

Here's a picture of the tonsils: [www.encyclopedia.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/23/2009 05:52PM by EZ rider.

Posted by: rawfoods ()
Date: August 23, 2009 05:46PM

It sounds like it's just stress to me!

[www.healthyfoodrawdiet.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables