Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

detox or cold?
Posted by: petrichor ()
Date: August 25, 2009 06:50PM

Since beginning raw, I've woken up almost every morning with a slightly runny nose- typically I blow my nose once and it's better. For the past 3-4 weeks I've been juicing a grapefruit and orange for breakfast, followed by a lot of water or herbal tea until early afternoon. I have noticed that my runny nose seemed to start up immediately after drinking the juice.

For the past 4 days, it's almost as if I have a cold- I have had a constant runny nose. It seems to run almost non-stop at certain points in the day (practically uncontrollably when drinking the grapefruit juice) and then will stop and clear up completely for a while, only to start up again a couple hours later. Other than a runny nose, I feel great. My eyes are clear, my skin is beginning to glow (I think), my throat and voice is clear, my energy is outstanding and overall I feel really good. I even woke up at 6am this morning with my energy buzzing.

Do you think this is a cold that I've caught that my body is doing a good job of fighting off, or do you think this is just a little bout of detox?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: detox or cold?
Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: August 25, 2009 07:00PM

A cold is detox. The better question to ask is are you detoxing yesterday's meals, or old stuff from years ago. For most people who are detoxing continuously, they are detoxing yesterday's meals.

Posted by: petrichor ()
Date: August 25, 2009 09:04PM

Hm, well I don't know why that would be. I eat high-raw, lots of fruit, and my only "cheats" are still vegan, cooked vegetables, edamame, a few spoonfuls of black beans or hummus, something of that sort- and not every day.

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: August 25, 2009 10:19PM

I think eating high raw is like taking two steps forward and one back.
High raw is good but just not as fast to get to the healing aspects of raw while expending more energy detoxing and that is why some raw peeps don't get to the healing part or take longer getting there IMO.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables