Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Rawmark, can I ask you a question?
Posted by: gadjoemi ()
Date: August 07, 2006 11:10AM

Hi, Rawmark.

I would like to ask you a couple of questions regarding enema since you seem to be the expert of it here!

I started doing the coffee enema three days ago. The reason is because I have had a constipation problem and I wanted to do something about it.
I have done a lot of reseach on the internet before I started and I was finally convinced to try it.

The first day; I could hold the coffee only for a few minutes and nothing happened. A few hours later, I had some black thing coming out.

The second day; I could not hold the coffee long enough again! Nothing happened. Just the coffee came out.

The thirda day (today); So, finally I could hold the coffee for 15 minutes and could also give soft massages without having the need to rush to the toilet. But then, nothing happened. Just the coffee again.

I have stared wondering why nothing happens to me. After reading all the testimonials, I was so sure and excited about the result. Am I doing something wrong??

Here is what, how and when I do enema.
.When I get up, I drink a cup of warm herb tea and go to the bathroom to have No.2.
.I make coffee out of organic coffee beans. Three table sps of coffee in a boiling filtered water.
.When coffee is about body temperature low, I do enema. I don't eat breakfast before enema.
.When all the coofee is my body, I lie on the right side and give a massage on my lower tummy.

Ummm. do you see anything wrong with the process?

By the way,I am 70 % raw.
Breakfast; fruit (apples, bananas, oranges, or peaches)
Lunch; Salad (Romanie lettus, tomatos, cucumbers, olive oil salt and pepper), and bread
Dinner; Salad, cooked or steamed veggies, and sometimes brown rice

Could you give me any tips on how to do enema properly and on what to eat for better colon?

Thank you very much, Rawmark!
I personally think your experience with colon cleansing is amazing!

gadjoemi

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Rawmark, can I ask you a question?
Posted by: rawmark ()
Date: August 07, 2006 07:11PM

Hi Gadjoemi,

Thanks so much for your generous labeling. I'm far from an expert but I appreciate your kind words.

Enema's are very good for the body but the body must learn how to process them. It sounds like you're doing everything right but many people avoid banana's a few days before an enema. This is because they are a very, heavy fruit that sometimes can play havoc when trying to do a home colonic or enema. In fact, whenever I go for an occasional office colonics visit they tell me that banana's are a no no for 3-4 days prior to the colonics. Also, remember you are training the body to hold in water that is taken in from a different direction. The metal enema can that I use has one taking the enema in a yoga "rabbit" position and allowing the water to enter slowly. This is critical. If the water enters too fast then you will not have a successful treatment. The goal is to have the water entering at a trickle. If you feel any cramping during the enema turn off the valve, rub your stomach for a few minutes and then slowly open the valve. If you feel the enema solution rushing in then slow it down. Too fast confuses the peristaltic process and your body will fight to get the water out. Beyond that, you're doing everything correctly. I get up and walk around after taking my enema. I do some gentle exercises and stretching and then go back to the bathroom to eliminate. Sometimes I see a lot of guck and other days I don't. I vary the ingredients I use in my enema also. Sometimes I use organic, fair trade coffee that was specially formulated for enemas and other times I use neem powder which produces different results. I think this is important. You want to vary the types of enemas you give yourself and don't administer them too frequently. I find, for me, that once a week is fine. I hope this has anwered your questions. If not, feel free to write again and I'll try my best to provide you with the best possible solution.

Peace,

Marcos

Marcos

Go Vegan for your life, your health, the planet and, most importantly, the animals that we share this wonderful world with!

Date: August 09, 2006 09:27AM

Hello, Rawmark.

Thank you so much for your answer to my personal question.
As I was reading your comment, I realized that the coffee might have entered my body too fast! I hang the enema bag 180cm high so the coffee runs down smoothly but i guess this was what caused my cramps. I will try hanging it lower this time.

Your answer was insightful!
Thank you, Rawmark!

I will let you know how it went with my enema in the future.

Bests
gadjoemi

Date: August 09, 2006 12:53PM

Hi Rawmark,

Sorry this is my second post of the day but I just wanted you to know that the rabbit pose worked! Although, I couldn't hold the coffee for 15 minutes, maybe 7 minutes, but I had more black thingy coming out and I felt better.

After the first flash, however, I massaged myself to get more but I got nothing. As I read coffee enema's testimonials, I am supposed to have more things coming out. Is it normal that the first flash with the coffee is the only flash I get?? I can hear my bowel make funny noise now.

Thanks again!!

Gadjoemi

Date: August 09, 2006 01:08PM

Gadjoemi,

Do you have a clamp for your bag? Also, what kind of hoses are you using? Does the hose have a valve on it that can be shut off with a twist? If not, go to [optimalhealthnetwork.com] and purchase the appropriate hoses. You should be able to shut off the flow of water quickly through a valve or a clamp. A valve is preferred because you can adjust the flow of water. Oh wait, maybe it's just my metal enema can that comes with the valve shutoff. Either way, you should have some sort of a clamp to regulate the flow to a trickle. This is critical when doing an enema.

Peace,

Marcos

Go Vegan for your life, your health, the planet and, most importantly, the animals that we share this wonderful world with!

Date: August 11, 2006 07:46AM

I ordered this Power Detox kit which comes with all kinds of detox things together with an enema kit. (See the website, but all in Dutch [darmreiniging.dotnetwebsite.com])
Yes, it came with a stopper but it is not easy to shut the flow off. It's this plastic thing that you can slide right to left. And the right side is narrower than the left side so you can shut the flow when you slide the valve.The pose was too long so I cut it off a bit so I can hang the bag around 1 meter above from the floor.

It's about time for my morning enema!

Thanks, Rawmark!

Date: August 11, 2006 02:12PM

Gadj,

I hope you aren't doing an enema daily. This is not good for you. You can totally screw up your bodies natural functions of determining when it actually needs to relieve itself. Enema's or colonics should only be done once a week or, in extreme circumstances, twice a week. Anything mor than this can totally mess up the natural peristaltic actions of the body.

Peace,

Marcos

Date: August 12, 2006 08:58AM

Oh! I was told to do it everyday for at least two weeks!
I always wait for my dairy No 2 before my enema. Is it still not good to do it everyday?

Since it's weekend, I think I will take a rest from enema.
Thank you for your advice!

Can you recommend a good book or two regarding colonics? I think I would like to read it myself to learn more.

Gadjoemi

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables