Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Raw tahini and hempini - what's the best way to use it?
Posted by: Helen ()
Date: August 28, 2009 07:48PM

I purchased raw tahini and hempini from detoxyourwolrd (Great Britain) because you don't get such things in Germany. I spend a lot of money. Now I did not dare opening the jars and just use them up for whatever, it is just to rare and valuable for me ... can someone understand this?

So, what is the best way to eat or use hempini and tahini, which food combinations with those ingredients are delicious so that I really have to try them out?

Cheers

Helen

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Raw tahini and hempini - what's the best way to use it?
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: August 28, 2009 08:16PM

Helen,

You could make Middle Eastern style salad rolls by mixing the tahini or hempini with some cumin and coriander powders, lemon juice, sea salt, and chopped parsley, and smearing some of this mixture on a large salad leaf, topping it with tomatoes, cucumbers, and onions, and rolling it up or folding it to enclose. Vary the seasonings and vegetables as you wish to make handy rolled sandwiches like this, or add some cool water to one of these pastes and fresh chopped herbs and use as a dip for crudités. It's really a matter of letting your imagination guide you--have fun!

Posted by: petrichor ()
Date: August 28, 2009 09:20PM

I just used some raw hemp butter and tahini and threw it in my food processor with dill, chives, spinach, lemon juice, balsmic vinegar, water and a pinch of salt to make some dill dressing/dip. It was excellent.

Posted by: Helen ()
Date: August 31, 2009 04:02PM

Thank you guys, I will try both your suggestions. I can imagine that dipping a banana into tahini will taste great, too, just like it did it with peanut butter before.

Cheers

Helen

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables