Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Lemons - a quick fix for cooked food
Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: August 07, 2006 05:37PM

I've found that if I'm at a restaurant or social occasion and decent raw food isn't an option, if I eat a few lemon wedges with the meal I don't get that crappy feeling I usually get from cooked food.

Then when I get hungry again I'm back to craving plain vegetables, not more cooked food.

So if you find yourself wanting cooked food or just have no choice, try the lemons!

(lemons are very alkalinizing, this might be the explanation?)

I don't know if it would work for everyone, but I thought I'd share my experience.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Lemons - a quick fix for cooked food
Posted by: Lillianswan ()
Date: August 09, 2006 06:06AM

Thanks for the cool tip! I always thought about what to eat AFTER eating cooked to transition back to raw. Something cleansing like flax seeds but I never thought about eating something with it. Now, this tip will probably be picked up by someone researching for thier book and next year you'll open a book and see it in print ;-)

Posted by: The Vej ()
Date: August 09, 2006 05:29PM

and drink lots of water!

Date: August 09, 2006 06:36PM

ALSO...
if U have to or want to eat cooked food, choose a place/restaurant where they also have fresh/organic salads, soooo
first U'll eat a nice salad & then the....cooked vegie curry, or something,
this way U have a nice balance, & also eat LESS of the cooked food, being not so hungry anymore
also
- if U'll eat cooked meal
have a vegetarian one, meaning, stay away from meat, the whole planet & U'r body will be grateful to U for it...
BLESSINGS & LOVE, Basia

Posted by: shep252 ()
Date: August 09, 2006 08:46PM

Yes! I like to do that, too!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables