Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Binging on cooked foods
Posted by: morgenjune ()
Date: September 06, 2009 02:01PM

So I only eat cooked foods about twice a week. Some roasted nuts here or a vegan patty there in a lettuce wrap or tortilla and maybe a cup of coffee. The thing is last night and I mean late last night I just couldn't stop stuffing myself. I had pizza, popped popcorn, and at midnight finished of my package of patties! I dont know how I did it but I did. I was planning on fasting today To let my stomach and body process all that food but im still craving more, Im baffled! I almost think I should continue my binge until I get sick and that way I will have 'learned my lesson' and wont ever want to do this again. It happened once with oreos and I will never eat one of those things again! Do you think thats a bad Idea? Or does it make sense?? I do usually learn the hard way but...

nomnomnomnom...!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Binging on cooked foods
Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: September 06, 2009 02:08PM

I think every moment unfolds exactly how its supposed to,ESPECIALLY those things you have decided to do. I would say that someday you will think back on a binge,or binges,and say" Hmmm,I remember how that was and I think I will go a different way.It will stick someday.I went thru years of binges with everything you could think of,and got to the point of KNOWING I would feel better if I didnt.
Thats when you are free.and You dont need to test the waters anymore.

Vinny

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/06/2009 02:10PM by eaglefly.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: September 06, 2009 03:40PM

bingeing till you are sick is a kind of way of self abuse? why abuse yourself? isnt it better to make yourself feel wonderfull? smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: September 06, 2009 05:01PM

Yes, thats true. Part of it is seeing how I feel and how my body reacts, learning from it and finding out why Ive done it. I wont learn anything about myself if I dont experience the bad & ugly. Also It reenforces how good I feel raw! Dont worry, Im not eating candy or meat or junk food. I cant even remember the last time I had soda... So far all I have had today is tea, watermelon with strawberries and a nectarine. Later I might have a more 'savory' meal, Im not going to shock my system to the extreme. Thank you for your concern Jgunn!

nomnomnomnom...!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 06, 2009 11:15PM

Next time you binge, at least try to stuff raw food in there as well. It may not feel like the raw food is limiting your binge, but trust me... it is!!!!

Also, you should never really be eating pizza. Muesli is nicer than pizza, try to get that if you really must.

About once a month I go for chips and curry. It won't kill me... for a long time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/06/2009 11:17PM by SuperInfinity.

Date: September 07, 2009 12:55AM

Hmmm I dont think I have ever had muesli. Im guessing its a grain? The pizza really was not too bad, no cheese, extra veggies and thin crust (the thin crust at dominos is vegan). The crust was actually cracker thin and the veggies were layered thicker than the crust! I was surprised. Pizza is the one thing that I ever get an hankering for, more the chocolate or... well yeah, more than all else. Is that an odd thing to crave or what?

nomnomnomnom...!

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: September 07, 2009 01:51AM

morgenjune,

Pizza is my favorite food--well, cooked food. Has been since I was a child. Nothin' weird about that, IMO : )

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: September 07, 2009 01:57AM

learn to make raw pizza smiling smiley its yummy !

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: deafdrummer ()
Date: September 08, 2009 01:19AM

What do you do when it happens after you get off from work, a stressful day? It's like punishing yourself for staying in a job you don't like and refusing to quit.

Stephanie

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: September 08, 2009 12:32PM

Stephanie,

If you are using food to self-medicate stress, maybe replace it with a good workout that likewise activates the brain's pleasure receptors--like a liberating run in a park on the way home, or jumping on a trampoline?

Posted by: RaeVynn ()
Date: September 09, 2009 01:50AM

I'm experimenting on myself - seeing if really eating a LOT of fresh fruit all day will really get rid of cravings (Dr. Graham said so, in his workshop)... so far, I've been able to stare down a couple of mild cravings, and maintain enough force of will that before this week, would have failed me entirely.

It's too soon to tell for me if this will vanquish my personal cooked food demons, but I'm willing to give it an honest try smiling smiley

Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Much
We are all in this together!
Namasté

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: September 09, 2009 11:09AM

looks like u've got lots of answers to sift through so i won't add to it but i just gotta say one thing

DANG!!

that fruit plate photo of your sig pic
looks AWFULLy good!!

Date: September 09, 2009 08:14PM

Hahahahaha! And it was smiling smiley Thats about what breakfast looks like and lunch too. Though now I think I might try out mono meals...

Okay, since I did the cooked food binge there were a few things that stood out to me. #1: That it was supper heavy and just sat in my stomach and I couldn't eat all that I had wanted/hankered for.
#2: My tummy was bloated, crampy, and I had bad gas...
#3: The foods that I had wanted/craved did not satisfy me. Almost a disappointment. And some of them (like newman o's) were too much, too sweet/rich.
#4: It was harder to get back on the raw train. That surprised me the most with how crappy I was feeling. But today is thankfully all raw and I am looking forward to my green smoothie for din-din!
#5: I found out how much for sensitive my body was to cooked foods, way more than I thought and now am amped to be raw, raw, RAW! Yay smiling smiley

nomnomnomnom...!

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: September 09, 2009 11:09PM

morgenjune,

I also have noticed the same things when I have "slipped" off my chosen raw food journey path.
Especially #4. Everytime I have slipped it has taken longer and been more effort to get back.
The last "slip" scared me as I thought I might have to accept eating damaged food as a way of life.

Posted by: brian1cs ()
Date: September 10, 2009 12:06AM

Never look at a seemingly innocent meal of cooked food and think that's all there is.

Try to look further at all its "relatives"(cravings) who will be coming the next day and the days and weeks after, bringing with them mucus, gas, breakouts, bad breath, low energy, missed days of work, depression, low self esteem, diarrhea, constipation...well, you get the message.
No matter how much craving we experience, we are at our strongest and in our best position before eating that first meal. After you eat all bets are off.

I think of all cooked food as poison. A slow poison that, if given the chance, will destroy every fabric of my life and in the end destroy me as well. As such, I am ruthless with it. I don't tolerate it and I don't tolerate people forcing me to eat it. I will stop associating with anyone who encourages me to eat cooked food be it relative or friend. This might seem a bit radical to some but at this point in my journey cooked foods will literally ruin me and carry me to eventual death.

When cravings come, stuff yourself with your favorite sweet fruit, remind yourself of what would come later if you take that first bite of cooked food, think about how it affects your relationships when you're on a binge, buy fruits that you like but thought it too expensive to eat on a daily basis and reward yourself, occupy yourself with a favorite hobby, in short do anything legal(lol) to not take that first bite.
The longer you stay away from it the cleaner you become and the less the cravings become.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables