Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

To many nuts?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 09, 2009 02:04AM

Hi everyone, I have been on the raw diet now for three weeks now and loving it. I really want to do this right. I had a bad break out of hives two days ago. they do not itch, but are spreading to new areas. I do not have any known allergies.So not sure what is happening. How many nuts are to much? I have really been trying a lot of new recipes, which require lots of nuts. Could I be over dosing on nuts?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: To many nuts?
Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: September 09, 2009 02:09AM

Yes......it could be a reaction to the nuts or it could be "detox" or something else. We can't guess too well on that. smiling smiley

But it would be best to cut back on the nuts when you feel ready. Limit to 1 oz. a day eventually.

Posted by: ROIRRAW ()
Date: September 09, 2009 02:43AM

Hi isobel. I had some hives lately. They were annoying and irritating and wouldn't go away! I had some essential oil/aromotherapy oil in the house- lavander which is often used for insect bites. I mixed it up with a little oil as you can't apply it directly and applied it to each hive. A few days of this and they had all disappeared.

Date: September 09, 2009 11:05AM

Thank you so much! I forgot about the benefits of LaVEnder, Friends who still choose western as a alternative lovingly suggest Benedryl, and cortyzon cream! I dont want that in my system.

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: September 10, 2009 03:50AM

A number of things can cause hives. I would try to not over-do nuts...yes. Focus on stuffing yourself with greens or fruit that you LOVE instead. But DO go ahead and eat nuts with your salads or whatever.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Date: September 10, 2009 12:45PM

Thank You David, There is so much to learn!! Good things though! Was following to many recipes trying different things, at once live and learn.

Date: September 15, 2009 11:45PM

I find the only nut that give me hives are Cashews. I love them, but don't eat them as often as I'd like. But when I do, even in dressing, or dips or desserts, I still break out. So I eat so little when I crave them.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables