Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

So this is a good thing?
Posted by: Cappadocius ()
Date: September 11, 2009 09:20AM

So, I dont really get it. If I stick to a plan of papayas, bananas, kiwi, strawberries, mangoes, blueberries, and melon/cantaloupe in the daytime, then towards evening, eat a simple large bowl of greens with a chopped avacado, then snack on about a quarter cup of raw soaked almonds throughout the night, is this enough variety to keep me alright on the plan? I got a super good deal on the strawberries and blueberries from a local grower, and Im doing some advertising stuff for the local farmers market in exchange for credit towards produce for the melons and greens. Bananas I will eat at least two a day, and depending on what comes in on the truck, for the papaya if its the large variety, a half of one per day, if its the smaller kind, a whole one per day. Figure 2-3 kiwi fruit, at least a half cup of blueberries and strawberries. A mangoe a day. Then for my greens towards evening, a full sized salad bowl stuffed with greens and at least 1-2 shaved carrots, a chopped avacado, and snack on a quarter cup of raw almonds throughout the night? THis sound like its balanced at all? If I can avoid the thai coconuts it would be great, I love the taste of the meat and milk, but they are $4 a piece here

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: So this is a good thing?
Posted by: Cappadocius ()
Date: September 11, 2009 09:58AM

i also have got my tomatoes ripe and my cabbage and eggplants to add to salads

Posted by: Hellokitty ()
Date: September 11, 2009 10:04AM

that looks like plenty of varity. a bit more varity than im eating at the present.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: September 11, 2009 01:50PM

Cappa,

That sounds like a god variety. Maybe try to get some young greens that aren't lettuce if you can, or grow your own sprouts(broccoli, radish, alfalfa). But if you can't add either of these, you'll still be fine with what you've listed here. Just be sure to eat enough so that you don't get hungry! Good luck : )

Posted by: Lizard ()
Date: September 11, 2009 04:19PM

If you don't have problems with all the food combining, go for it! I wish I could eat like that, I have to stay with mostly mono meals of fruits, and big salads that are still simple. Enjoy it, sounds delicious!

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: September 11, 2009 05:06PM

cappadocious

fruit greens vegetables nuts

looks like u got all the bases covered to me

Posted by: anuiyer7 ()
Date: September 11, 2009 09:49PM

I love the plan. Plenty of fresh fruits. I am going to try it also.

Posted by: Mean One ()
Date: September 11, 2009 10:54PM

You have achieved much. Keep all groups in play. Above all else, eat no animal products, no processed foods, and cook nothing. You will endure to persevere.

Anyone who clings to the historically untrue - and thoroughly immoral - doctrine 'that violence never settles anything' I would advise to conjure up the ghosts of Napoleon Bonaparte and of the Duke of Wellington and let them debate it. The ghost of Hitler could referee, and the jury might well be the Dodo, the Great Auk and the Passenger Pigeon. Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst. Breeds that forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and freedom.

Robert Heinlein

Date: September 12, 2009 03:44PM

Mean One,

"Life is already hard and short. Be sure to punish your enemies to make their life shorter. Look for their vulnerability and crush them. Search for weaknesss. And exploit it to your benefit. Capitalize on your enemy's folly. Play to your strength. And above all, take no prisoners. Give no quarter. No safe harbor. Vermin must die. This is success. No mercy. No compassion. Only victory!!!"

For real?

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: September 12, 2009 03:53PM

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: September 12, 2009 03:57PM

Jodi,

Hahahahaha!

Posted by: Amarynth ()
Date: September 13, 2009 04:24AM

Jodi! I love that smiling smiley hehehe

And Cappadocious, I'm still new to this but that is pretty much what I'm eating. A big variety of fresh fruits earlier in the day, then a nice large salad with a variety of greens, tomato, peppers etc in the evenings. Now if I can find some raw salad dressings that I would like. I tend to use olive oil, lemon juice and garlic but getting bored with it.

Blessed Be~
Amarynth

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables