Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Nutridiary, 80-10-10 and a dumb question!
Posted by: Juliel ()
Date: September 11, 2009 10:56PM

Hi All,
I've just looked at the Nutridiary website and am starting to look at the 80-10-10 diet. I have what is probably considered a stupid question to ask someone!
I have logged what I have eaten today so far into Nutridiary.com (2 bananas, 2 kiwi fruit, bunch of grapes and a coffee) and I'm already at 12% fat for the day. Am I correct in saying that on 80-10-10 I should be trying to keep less than 10% fat? The Nutridiary log says something like I should be trying to keep my intake at less than 100% fat for the day. I think I'm not understanding something. My concern is that if I keep eating more bananas etc today I'll be way over the 12% fat that I'm already at.
Can someone help please?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Nutridiary, 80-10-10 and a dumb question!
Posted by: rawpreston ()
Date: September 12, 2009 12:21AM

Hmm, I'm not familiar with nutridiary itself, I use cron-o-meter, but those fruits don't have that much fat, your total should be closer to like 3 or 4%.. So I'm not really sure what to suggest. Does it have a pie chart showing % calories from carbs/protein/fat? What's the breakdown look like for each entry, are they each showing that high of fat? Eating just fruits and vegetables should leave you with around 4-6% fat for the day tops. (assuming no avocado, durian, coconut, nuts, seeds or oils)

Date: September 12, 2009 12:29AM

I just checked there as a guest, bananas had 3% fat, kiwi 7%, grapes 2%
Did you add anything to your coffee? That should be like 0 cals
Double-check your fruit entries, a tip when searching to limit results is to add "raw" to everything you type.

Date: September 12, 2009 12:53AM

Thanks everyone for your help. I'll go back and check my logs. I think what has not helped is I had fullcream milk in my coffee which nutridiary says is 48% fat. I guess this has not helped!

Date: September 12, 2009 01:16AM

LoL that'll do it. Since you probably only used a little, at the end of the day your fat % should still balance out quite low. Best to cut out dairy though, and coffee, if you can.

Funny how 2%, 1%, etc are all measures of their fat by WEIGHT, not by calories. So whole milk is 48% calories from fat, 2% is 35% fat calories, even skim milk is like 5% fat calories.

Date: September 12, 2009 01:39AM

Ahh, it's becoming clearer now. I didn't realise that the milk was % fat by weight and not by calories. I'm learning heaps!
Many thanks again for taking the time to reply.
Julie.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 12, 2009 04:12AM

rawpreston I sent you a PM about that chronometer program!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables