Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

constipation?
Posted by: Hellokitty ()
Date: September 12, 2009 12:41PM

Ok so i had a little blood again. which sucks because i havent really had any since starting raw but then this last week i have.

It seems to happen when i get a bit constipated. so in my 1st bm of the day i get it but ive never had it in the 2nd. there is no mucus. which is not ususal for UC. and my bloods were fine. So what does it mean? any one know.

Also why am i suddely getting constipated? strage.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: constipation?
Posted by: socalvdubgirl ()
Date: September 12, 2009 12:59PM

I would make a wager that you migh be suffering from internal hemorroids that are being agrevated by the constipation. My husband suffers from this and he only gets blood with his first morning stool.

Date: September 12, 2009 01:05PM

ok thanks I hope its hemmorids. I know thats a bit of a strange thing to say but when you have Ulcerative colitis its better than having a flare. I guess keep eating simple. Im drinking carrot juice as well today hoping that helps.

Is there any thing else he does to get rid of these

Posted by: newhoove ()
Date: September 12, 2009 03:06PM

Hellokitty,
I have been told by a ND that sometimes being bound up is a product of detoxing. When your body is trying to get rid of all the garbage in the system, you get bound up.

One way to combat hemorrhoids and constipation is to increase your exercise (be sure to maintain adequate water intake either by water or fruits). Be alittle bit more active to get your blood circulation going. Exercise is also a great way to keep your digestive track moving which will help your constipation. Moderation is the key though

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: September 12, 2009 03:23PM

dehyration can constipate you .. make sure you are getting enough fluids via ..juicy fruits, juice or water smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: September 12, 2009 03:56PM

ok, i have been just eating fruit today- to be honest i feel a bit funny. but this could be due to stress or again like you said newhoove lack of excersise.

I will be leaving london in about 1 months time so that should help with stress.London can be stress full.

for example it took me 2 hours and 4 buses and the tube to get home last night. which got me in at 10.00. I get up at 8.30 in the morrning so its long days. well for me anyway at the present. It only happens when tubes are out but still. im glad to be moving smiling smiley

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: September 12, 2009 04:03PM

yep how exciting smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables