Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

still detoxifing?
Posted by: Hellokitty ()
Date: September 12, 2009 05:32PM

Ok I have a silly question. ive been doing this for like 2 1/2 months. today i feel like i have some sort of flu. could i still be detoxing?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: still detoxifing?
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: September 12, 2009 05:36PM

ive been detoxing for 7 years tongue sticking out smiley

and yes you could still be detoxing smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: Hellokitty ()
Date: September 12, 2009 05:51PM

I thought that would be over in a month or 2. wrong. I also saw a bit of mucus in my stool just now. so im wondering UC or detox. i was told you can see it. but its hard to tell if you have UC.

Posted by: Lizard ()
Date: September 13, 2009 12:03AM

I think you will always be detoxing because of all the chemicals and toxins in the environment that you breath in. I could be wrong though, I'm not sure.

Posted by: newhoove ()
Date: September 13, 2009 01:02AM

The body is very cyclic in nature. You will have your good days and bad days. Its like peeling an onion, you start by working on the outside layer (you may experience one symptom for a period of time, then move on to the next layer). As your body begins to heal, you may start to see new different symptoms. I know with intestinal issues, it takes about 3-4 days for a lining of your intestines to heal. I do not know how ulcers complicate the healing process.

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: September 14, 2009 02:01AM

I've been detoxing for 25 years! Yep.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: September 14, 2009 02:39AM

25 years???
I sure hope it doesnt take that long.

Vinny

Posted by: plainlydressed ()
Date: September 14, 2009 02:54AM

I think it's like the mechanics of a vehicle. No matter HOW clean you keep your car and in excellent condition, it still requires routine service. Every time you change the oil and filters, look how much "gunk" is removed from the vehicle. Keeping it serviced regularly with the best gasoline and fluids and equipment will definitely keep the vehicle running much longer and stronger than one that is neglected, however, it STILL needs to be "de-toxed" every 3,000 miles. Our bodies are the same way, except that it does the de-toxing FOR us, as long as we provide the right oil, gasoline, fluids, and equipment that it needs to filter and remove all the "gunk" that passes through our systems, whether we like it or not. We'd have to live in a sterile BUBBLE to be 100% detoxed permanently!! =)

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
—Thomas Jefferson

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: September 14, 2009 03:15AM

>25 years???
I sure hope it doesnt take that long.<

Ha! I knew someone would read that and freak. :-) I'm massively healthier than I was when I started out 25 years or so ago on the raw path. I probably got rid of most of my toxins years ago---- maybe the core work took 10 years; I don't know for sure. (I had a lot of drugs -- medical kind, not hard drugs -- to get out of my system.) But I feel like I'm often in mild detox, nevertheless.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 14, 2009 11:56AM

Sorry for asking you an FAQ, I am new to the list. I assume you are eating certain raw foods to detoxify the body system. Which foods should I start to eat for detoxifing?

Thank you.

Posted by: anuiyer7 ()
Date: September 14, 2009 04:48PM

I know I still detox. It is worse in my case because I am not all raw, but I eat mostly raw.. I eat one small cooked meal per day, so there is still lot to detox for me. Its been 3 + years and I still detox. Flu like symptoms, fever, nausea, headache... If I eat fries, I get nauseated and have to fast for atleast the rest of the day and drink lemon water etc., Detox means that the body is still alive and vital that it can eliminate these toxic substances immediately.

I ate some sweets yesterday that I made for a religious event and this morning I have headache and feel feverish. It happens to me almost always after I eat sugary desserts (although they are vegan).

Best Regards
Anu

Posted by: Arrow ()
Date: September 15, 2009 07:39PM

Do you generally feel LOADS better than on sad, I ask because I am 20 days in and detoxing still and would love a bit of encouragement? What's the good side of 2 1/2 months raw? Well done by the way.
Thanks,
Arrow xxx

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables