Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Another 80-10-10 and Nutridiary question!
Posted by: Juliel ()
Date: September 13, 2009 01:34AM

A question please for those people who use Nutridiary. I'm trying to follow the principles of 80-10-10. If I log into Nutridiary, under "My Log", I see what I have eaten for the day. My question is should I be following the little bar graph (Calories) under the heading "Nutrition Summary", or do I follow the actual percentages? For example if I click on the bar graph I see that I have eaten 6% fat today; whereas if I look at my total fat content it says 24%. Is it best for me to follow the bar graph?
Sorry - I'm brand new to all this!
Eg:
Calories: 875 (distribution: 6/88/6%)

Total Fat*: 26%
Sugars: 142g

Many thanks, Julie.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another 80-10-10 and Nutridiary question!
Posted by: newhoove ()
Date: September 13, 2009 02:04AM

Under nutrition summary they have: Total caloric intake with a red bar (color depends on if you met your goal). That is the summation of all your meals for the day.

The "Total" fat you see is the recommended daily value you should be ingesting measured in percentages. Mine is extremely elevated so it is the color red. For example, the number can go past 100% if you eat past the recommended amount of fat by having several avocados. The same goes with others listed such as cholesterol, sodium, fiber, carbs, vitamin a, and vitamin c.

At the top, the bar graph with the three colors is the distribution of fats (orange), carbs (blue), and protein (green), that you are currently ingesting. The percentage is not the recommended daily value, but the distribution of your intake for the meals that day. If you want to be around 80/10/10. Your orange should be 10%, your blue 80%, and your green should be 10%.

The bar graph with the three different colors is what you want to pay attention too if 80/10/10 is your goal.

I hope this makes sense. It is very difficult to explain how they have it set up.

Date: September 13, 2009 02:10AM

Juliel,
Keep me informed on your journey of fighting candida using the 80/10/10 principle. In theory, I totally agree with Dr. Graham but I think I'd have to take sebatical from school just to make the transition. I am going to eventually make the transition to a high fruit intake but mentally I am not prepared for it yet.

Keep up the good work.

Date: September 13, 2009 02:24AM

Hi newhoove,

Thank you for taking the time to explain things to me. I really appreciate it! It makes perfect sense now. I ate very well yesterday and was a bit concerned to see my fat so high, but in reality on the little bar graph my fat intake was 24%, which is obviously not perfect but I think I'm heading in the right direction. I don't think the milk helped as I had two coffee's. I'm sure they're a no-no but I work better if I make small and lasting adjustments rather than going cold turkey. Summer is on its way here (Australia) so I'll be able to get peaches and stuff soon.

I will let you know how I go with the Candida. I'm not sure I entirely understand Dr. Graham's principles but I'm willing to give it a go. What are you studying in school? How long have you been following raw?

thanks again,
Regards Julie.

Date: September 13, 2009 03:17AM

Hi Julie,
I'm not exactly 100% raw. I have been slowly transitioning from a few raw meals during the week to every other day or every third day.

I am just trying to take things slow for now. In time there will eventually be a day where I'll be 100%. I think I'm battling parasite/fungal issues similar to you. I have been okay with eliminating sugars, but there is still underlying issues I'm dealing with. I think 80/10/10 is in my near future. I need to read Dr. Graham's book first. Right now, I'll stick to a relative high fat diet to hold me over until I get free time from school to experiment with an abundance of fruit.

I am almost finished with my Masters Degree in Speech-Language and Hearing Pathology. I'm currently taking coursework and clinic. Things have been hectic, but without good health school means nothing!

Take care

Date: September 13, 2009 08:04AM

Wow, it sounds like school would sure keep you busy. I think you're wise to take things slowly where 80-10-10 is concerned because it's the journey that counts, not the destination!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables