Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

My Hubby is AWESOME !!!!!!! =)
Posted by: plainlydressed ()
Date: September 13, 2009 08:35PM

I'm so excited!! My hubby went and ordered me a new, BIGGER, refrigerator because he and our son were tired of digging through mountains of greenery and unidentifiable produce to find THEIR food. *LOL* I had wanted a bigger fridge for JUST MY PRODUCE, so he surprised me by ordering exactly the one I wanted - the Fridgidaire model that is ALL FRIDGE (same size as a full-size standing freezer). Just got it all set up and loaded it with all my wonderful "living" goodies and put all THEIR "dead stuff" in the smaller frige in the other corner of the kitchen. *LOL* =) I'm so excited and happy with my surprise. =) =) =)

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
—Thomas Jefferson

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/13/2009 08:39PM by plainlydressed.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: My Hubby is AWESOME !!!!!!! =)
Posted by: juicin' john ()
Date: September 13, 2009 09:45PM

hi plainlydressed...

wowie zowie...how wonderful that is!!!

now you cN go down to the amish farm and load up for some heavy duty juicin'.

i have been doing watermelon with beet tops, hard pears, and apples. it is awsome. i make a gallon at a time with ease and drink up in 24 hours.

i bought a peck of beets for $3 which were small and getting old in early july and i planted them and am now havesting the tops and letting them grow back.

juicin' john

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: September 13, 2009 10:20PM

You are one lucky girl!

Posted by: plainlydressed ()
Date: September 13, 2009 11:31PM

*GRIN* *GRIN* *GRIN* I know. But I told hubby that I knew the TRUTH!! I know that the MAIN reason is because he was tired of digging for his food in the fridge!! *LOL* He swears and declares that's untrue, but I'm sure that's part of it. No, I'm only kidding. He is very supportive and encouraging and loves the smoothies I make him every morning. =)

JOHN !!! I never knew that about beet tops growing back!!! Wow that's awesome!!! Will have to do that myself next spring. Way cool!!

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
—Thomas Jefferson

Posted by: juicerkatz ()
Date: September 14, 2009 12:24AM

Awesome plainlydressed! I have considered a "dual refrigerator" kitchen for a few years, it may be time to take a step in that direction. I also load our up with "MY PRODUCE" (LOL)!

Leafy greens take up a lot of space don't they? Mine usually looks like a garden when you open the door. It is funny when kids come over for the first time, open to get a drink;

"WHAT, NO PEPSI???" What's all this green stuff???

lol

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: September 14, 2009 01:58AM

That's wonderful, PD!-- I'd be thrilled too.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: September 14, 2009 03:47AM

that's cool
and don't mean to rain on your parade
however
if u notice that your electric bill has gone up
you will know why

but i'm still happy for you
cuz you're happy about it
and maybe its worth it

i nearly cried when i saw my water bill
and i had cut DOWN on water

water dpt said that they jacked up the prices for everyone

i love a fridge filled with happy greens
but then again, too many and they might rot

so i keep just a certain amount

then i just get on my bike and bike down to the store
and fill up again

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 14, 2009 04:00AM

I miss the days of getting on my bike and cycling over to get something fresh for dinner. Now I live so far from the grocery store it requires a car ride for at least 20 minutes! Darn it all. I could use a new fridge to store loaded up on juicing goodies in. I'm envious PD. Lucky, lucky you!

Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: September 14, 2009 01:13PM

Congrats!!! I don't know what we'd do without two fridges! We have a farm, and we had to build a walk-in fridge in the shop because two fridges weren't enough. our electricity bill is pretty high, but as soon as we can afford it, we're getting solar panels.

Posted by: anuiyer7 ()
Date: September 14, 2009 03:59PM

PD, thats awesome. Happy for your brand new purchase!!

Best Regards
Anu

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables